Idea for making money..using dogs (Australia)

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I was thinking about this today and was then wondering if it would work.

Ok, so a bit of info on this first I guess: Where I'm from, Australia (To be more specific, Victoria) we have some serious wild animal problems. In particular wild dogs and foxes are a serious threat for farmers etc, with research showing fox's cost Australia more than $228 million (AUD) and kill up to 30% of lambs in any given area they attack. I'll add that the livestock business is one of Australia's crucial economic means of revenue. Because of this Victoria once had a bounty on these wild dogs and foxes, where licensed shooters and landowners were paid for every tail of either animal handed in. This bounty is no longer in force, however in 2011 it is said to be reintroduced. $10 will be given for each fox killed and $50 for every dog. Now wild dogs are similar in appearance to domesticated animal varieties. In fact some wild dogs ARE the same breeds as their domesticated counterparts

Now this is a crazy part. I could possibly get a hold of the tails of domesticated dogs, not by killing them, but perhaps through veterinarian clinics or animal shelters after they've put down the homeless dogs. And then hand these in for the bounty of $50 each. I doubt these would be able to be told apart from wild dog tails, unless they are more unique breeds that are only domesticated (Dalmatians etc). However I'm unsure.

So does anyone see any flaws in my brainstorming?

Comments

• grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Sounds quality mate they arent really going to bother with dna testing, if you say its a fox its a fox :)
    Nice
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    I don't get it, you don't want to KILL the dogs?

It's a win/win situation.

Get a rifle and kill those fuckers.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    i want to go to austrailia now....hunting for profit! sounds like a good fucking time!
  • ShadyLadyShadyLady Locked
    edited July 2010
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I don't get it, you don't want to KILL the dogs?

It's a win/win situation.

Get a rifle and kill those fuckers.

Seriously, if I could get $50 a wild dog pelt I would bait and shoot them by the droves. Fuck, I'd kill 20 of them a day for 6 days a week. Kill till your out of dogs, man.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Seriously, if I could get $50 a wild dog pelt I would bait and shoot them by the droves. Fuck, I'd kill 20 of them a day for 6 days a week. Kill till your out of dogs, man.

Hell yeah. I'd just kill them for the hell of it, not even the money.

Where else can you kill dogs and be appreciated for it?
  • TripsitTripsit Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    They honestly might be able to tell the difference if they were to investigate, Think about a murder investigation and the trace evidence they can pull off of clothing. Them pulling carpet fibers out of a "wild dog tail" might lead them to believe either the woods of Australia have recently been carpeted, or your lying.