Fuck the ISP, moved to Wimax

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So you probably noticed I wasn't around much on totse. I had some stupid Internet problems thanks to my ISP. I got disconnected every few minutes and it was hell just to work things out. I couldn't post and had to use IE9 because Firefox keep gaying up on me.

Right now, I am using Wimax along with ADSL. The setup isn't that complex. The idea is to use Wimax for browsing and ADSL for downloading. I might need a better firewal for this because Windows 7 Firewall doesn't really let me do things correctly. If all goes according to plan I would have Firefox set to Wimax and the rest of the programs set to the ADSL. It will save up on the bandwidth and I would have plenty of Internet speed to post and work on totse and IRL project.

Btw it's 8GB limit per month.

Comments

• SliceSlice Regular
    edited April 2011
    lol Pakistan internetz
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    lol Pakistan internetz

Well, it's a bit lulzy if you look at it differently.

RIght now I have two NICs in use.

A - Uses ADSL [Home Profile]
    B - Users Wimax [Public Profile]

I am using Windows 7 Firewall to stop utorrent from using Wimax by setting it public. However, it does complicate things for IE, FF etc.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited April 2011
    It's lulzy that you have to do that, but good job for beating the system somewhat :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    It's lulzy that you have to do that, but good job for beating the system somewhat :thumbsup:

It's more like using the system correctly :).
  • edited April 2011
    Well, it's good to see that you can post here once again!