Getting Drunk Before Work

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited April 2011 in Man Cave
I don't usually do this but I am going to today. The last time I got drunk before work I actually got plastered. It was so bad that I kept blacking out and forgetting what I was doing and where I was. That was on 9/11 of last year. I was celebrating Totse style and lucky for me there isn't a replacement for my position so I didn't get fired. Im not getting that drunk today but I plan to be a little stumbly. I have vodka and cranberry juice as well as hpnotiq and syrah. Hope I don't fall onto the flaming grill.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I went to my last job stoned most days
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I have snorted coke off a boom lift control panel high up in the air over a 747-400, at my OLD job.
  • edited March 2011
    I can't say I've ever turned up to a job while drunk. Sure, I've been hungover and turned out, but never drunk beforehand. Turning up to college is a different story though - sometimes I sit there and casually drink. Not enough to make an ass of myself and be noticed, but just enough to relax and still have the brain-power to do my work.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    When I was doing drugs I used to shoot up before during and after work. A package would be delivered to me there and I would go to the bathroom to get my hit. I wrote a short story loosely based on this.

https://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=8578

Recently someone was fired at my work for drinking on the job. He would bring in a bottle of gin and juice and drink all night. He was a shitty worker but a good guy.
  • IAmMrPositiveIAmMrPositive Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Man reading this brings back some memories...
  • IAmMrPositiveIAmMrPositive Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Anything else productive to add? Or just the usual bullshit?

Anyways, I always hated working drunk or hungover. It was just bad news for the line of work I was in.

I apologize. Did I not meet your criteria for a productive post? My comment was directed at MissingMuse. We used to get drunk and high at work together all the time. Actually, we used to get drunk and high together all the time regardless of whether or not we were at work. Haven't seen him in about a year... So yeah reading this brings back some memories.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    I never showed up to work Drunk.

I used to drink on the job though.

and i cant work unless im high.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah, i did alot. then go get a sonic ovean water and mix it with vodka, or stop off at eskimo hut for lunch to keep drankin.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited March 2011
    Have done it a few times. One time my boss ran over my toe with the electric walkie stacker at work.. Buzz kill..
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    I've periodically show up tipsy from the prior evening or had a single drink before work but I've never gotten wasted before clocking in.

Although I have gotten drunk on a work break once. Don't know how people can manage to work regularly in the state though.
    edited March 2011
    Anything else productive to add? Or just the usual bullshit?

Anyways, I always hated working drunk or hungover. It was just bad news for the line of work I was in.

I can strongly vouch for IAmMrPositive. He is the guy who introduced me to Totse years ago and was and will be a very good contributing member.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited March 2011
    Went to work stoned and nodding off some morphine, but never drunk. Most my jobs are minimum wage so it doesn't matter if I lose my job. Well it does, but you know what I'm saying.
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited March 2011
    I was working night shift at a 7-eleven in Dallas for about a year. Almost on a nightly basis I would bring vodka to work with me... I mean seriously, I work in a place loaded with mixers, why the hell wouldn't I bring vodka?

P.S. Vodka + Banana Slurpee = Delicious.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Went to work drunk a few times. Usually only when the top brass was coming through, as a way of seeing if my manager had the balls to fire anyone. He didn't.

Anymore, I drink on the job every shift. Why? It's a liquor store/bar, and i get a few free drinks. Plus, it's not like i do anything more than surf the internet most of the night, since the front store doesn't see a great deal of traffic.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Didn't you just fuck your liver up OP?
    edited March 2011
    Umm no. I don't remember saying that.
  • edited March 2011
    Didn't you just fuck your liver up OP?

Pretty sure you're thinking of CulinaryOverlord :thumbsup:

I need a good drinking session soon I think. This thread is making me realize that I haven't been drunk in a long while. Well, about 2 weeks now, which is fairly long I guess. I think a party is in need :)
  • JimmyJazzJimmyJazz Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    On break, I've been known to fire down a few in my car to ease through the rest of the shift with a smile...never gotten totally shitty though
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited March 2011
    Only ever turned up drunk for work twice...never again. Hangovers kill me for 24 hours afterwards nowadays :(
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Umm no. I don't remember saying that.
    trx100 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you're thinking of CulinaryOverlord :thumbsup:

I need a good drinking session soon I think. This thread is making me realize that I haven't been drunk in a long while. Well, about 2 weeks now, which is fairly long I guess. I think a party is in need :)

Yeah, never mind, I was thinking of CulinaryOverlord.
  • edited March 2011
    I rarely showed up for work drunk when I was cooking, 8 hours is too long to maintain a low level buzz and stave off a hangover with the occasional belt. If I did show up drunk it was usually from the night before, and I would usually be pretty straightforward about it, just give me a double rye and coffee every hour or so and I will be just fine. I did like to have a couple of cold ones while I was cleaning up though.

Any of my other jobs have been physical and at least a little dangerous, and the only thing that I really liked was the occasional ritalin, nothing like railing a half an r to get rid of a hangover.

I'm moving this to BLTC as the thread is more about the effects and ingestion of booze, as opposed to the flavor.

C/O
    "this place is a lot more fun when I'm drunk"
  • cartmanbluecartmanblue New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    Fuck man, I used to show up to work so fucking hungover that all I could manage to do was breathe...very slowly. It's a god damn nightmare if you ask me.
  • edited April 2011
    Hope I don't fall onto the flaming grill.

Damn so you work a restaurant? I dunno man- I've drunk before shifts before but I never did as a dishie and I doubt I would if I were a cook or a chef... Too many potential hazards.

I used to drink before weekend shifts pushin' carts though; pretty fun on the whole....
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited April 2011
    I get drunk at work muthafucka.
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited April 2011
    I worked in a wine store/sandwich shop so I mainly got drunk While I was working.

And then made bomb-ass subs.

Life was good, and then i joined the navy :facepalm:
  • edited April 2011
    As long as you either:

A) Don't get shitty drunk
    B) Don't have superiors who will fire you for being drunk (In which case, get shitty drunk).
    Life was good, and then i joined the navy :facepalm:

LOL
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    I worked at a pizzeria. The owner gave me the key to his beer box

and allowed me a beer a night. Well I took advantage of this

One beer a night and shared his booze with fellow employees.

Im not a sloppy drunk but the other people i worked with

were fucking idiot drunks. So when i confessed to this, i quit before he fired me

and stole a case of beer before i left so good times.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    working at a bar was fun. free drafts while i was djing and then stay after close and drink some more.