The Difference Between Your Mother's Husband and Your Step Father

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Your Step Father is someone who helped your Mother raise you.

Your Mother's husband is someone who marries your Mother when you are in your 40's.

I know of at least one member who is confused on this so I thought I would share this information.

Read * Know * Do

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dysfunctional families are lulz.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Show me a functional family besides Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, and Happy Days.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Show me a functional family besides Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, and Happy Days.

This. You could take even the most perfect looking family but behind closed doors they could be more fucked up than the trailer trash people commonly associate with dysfunction. Just like an individual can't be perfect neither can a family.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011

I'd show you mine or pretty much most of my relatives but I'd rather not expose them in anyway.

Functional doesn't mean they are perfect though.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    Talk about your age discrimination. Like... you cease to be somebody's son just because you've reached the age of 40. Wow.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Talk about your age discrimination. Like... you cease to be somebody's son just because you've reached the age of 40. Wow.

You're getting punchy there Skippy. If they don't marry your mother until your over 40 they were never their son to start with.:facepalm:

Try reading next time instead of just firing up your flame thrower and pulling the trigger. That way you won't burn yourself so much.
    edited January 2011
    You're getting punchy there Skippy. If they don't marry your mother until your over 40 they were never their son to start with.:facepalm:

Try reading next time instead of just firing up your flame thrower and pulling the trigger. That way you won't burn yourself so much.
    Well.. technically... if your mother remarries after having you, then the new man will still be your step-father. Age has nothing to do with it, and that's just age discrimination.
  • edited January 2011
    Hmmmmm...what exactly do the EXPERTS say????

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stepfather

step·fa·ther   /ˈstɛpˌfɑðər/ Show Spelled
    [step-fah-ther] Show IPA

–noun
    the husband of one's mother by a later marriage.

Oddly enough, not any mention of age of the people involved....just "later marriage"

But hey, lets not let the FACTS get in the way of Rodent's ranting, raving and perverted mommy issues.

Sorry to "derail" this thread with a differing opinion Rodent, hope that didn't hurt TOO badly. :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2011
    If they don't marry your mother until your over 40 they were never their son to start with.:facepalm:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=evnsp&xhr=t&q=definition+of+stepfather&cp=17&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0&aqi=&aql=f&oq=definition+of+stepf&pbx=1&fp=380541b1d39d58f7

The ENTIRE UNIVERSE OF GOOGLE disagrees with your subjective bizarro idealogies. Will you EVER shut the fuck up and quit trying to portray your demented ideas of the world as if it is some "communal" thought process? :fap:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I atempted to kill my step dad. in the middle of the fight i droped the knife and he kicked it away. what a bastard.
    edited January 2011
    In TheDarkRodent's mind, you can outgrow family ties. Interesting stuff going up there. I wonder if he could "outgrow" an inheritance he was left which had been found in the will of such a ... errr... "detached"... relative.

Yep! He's my step-father alright! Give me that moolah!

*snickers*
  • edited January 2011
    Perhaps the reason Rodent is so reluctant to call him "step-daddy" is since his Mommy was such a whore all those years.....the revolving door of men coming and going didn't allow him to obtain much emotional attachment.

Considering this current cock of the month is nearly on death's door, its probably only a reasonable expectation she'll have another suitor on her step in no time at all.....so Rodent is just shielding his own emotions from more disappoint and heartache.
    edited January 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    Perhaps the reason Rodent is so reluctant to call him "step-daddy" is since his Mommy was such a whore all those years.....the revolving door of men coming and going didn't allow him to obtain much emotional attachment.

Considering this current cock of the month is nearly on death's door, its probably only a reasonable expectation she'll have another suitor on her step in no time at all.....so Rodent is just shielding his own emotions from more disappoint and heartache.
    I actually believe he has Daddy-issues. But let's not go there.
  • edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    I actually believe he has Daddy-issues. But let's not go there.

Ohhhhhhh shit.....NOW I get it. :(
    edited January 2011
    Ohhhhhhh shit.....NOW I get it. :(

*switches to fatherly voice*

I'm just going to put you to bed now, Peter. Now... Peter... hold this sausage here while I tend to your nightgown...

:eek:
  • AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Notice TheDarkRodent stopped responding after that epic burn of...you knowing...citing a reference material on the subject of describing words and terms i.e. THE FUCKING DICTIONARY?!?

What a dumbfuck.

What caused TheDarkRodent to turn on -SpectraL anyhow?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    AD2011 wrote: »
    Notice TheDarkRodent stopped responding after that epic burn of...you knowing...citing a reference material on the subject of describing words and terms i.e. THE FUCKING DICTIONARY?!?

What a dumbfuck.

You forgot to add how he had to run to the admins to get people perm-banned after such epic embarrasement...but, meh....who's counting, right? ;)

Sorry to return to the scene of the crime Rodent, but since so much time has elapsed as this IS a caring community worrying about its fellow members, I just had to ask....

Just how IS your step-daddy these days any how? He ever make it out of the woods, or did he kick the bucket? Your momma find something even stiffer to put in her than the corpse she left behind with her latest husband? Most importantly, since you are so insecure about the bloke that is poking her....are you going to be part of the selection process as she is looking for your next step-daddy??????
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    Everyone has their problems, but he never stated it is his problem. I don't get why people need to rush to conclusions.

It's a sad that DaGuru necros an old thread just to remind TDR that he's not perfect. No one is perfect, just like a family. A family is either dysfunctional or more than.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    Everyone has their problems, but he never stated it is his problem. I don't get why people need to rush to conclusions.

It's a sad that DaGuru necros an old thread just to remind TDR that he's not perfect. No one is perfect, just like a family. A family is either dysfunctional or more than.

shut up bitch this aint fucking full house moment.

this is pure lolz !

Now continue
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »

Reread the context of my post you just quoted, and witness my necro-bumping had nothing to do with human imperfections. Instead it was returning to the scene of the place which caused my perma-banning, mocking the chump who has such a fragile ego that initiated that perma-ban, and making a genuine inquiry to the status of his step-daddy since he took the time to share with us in a different thread that the guy wasn't doing too well.

But hey, you spin my takes to whatever suits your agenda best.....I'll be right here adding clarity and truth to the REAL intents of my posting. :)
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    Reread the context of my post you just quoted, and witness my necro-bumping had nothing to do with human imperfections. Instead it was returning to the scene of the place which caused my perma-banning, mocking the chump who has such a fragile ego that initiated that perma-ban, and making a genuine inquiry to the status of his step-daddy since he took the time to share with us in a different thread that the guy wasn't doing too well.

But hey, you spin my takes to whatever suits your agenda best.....I'll be right here adding clarity and truth to the REAL intents of my posting. :)

If you were banned making a mere post to correct someone, then I am extremely ignorant, and I admit that what I said is wrong. This makes me a little dissappointed in TDR because I always thought of him being a "fair" moderator. Perhaps I am wrong about that as well.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited April 2011
    people argue about the craziest shit on Totse.

Oh you gais :rolleyes: