Applebees? Knew it was always crapplebees

ducklipsducklips Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Applebee's is changing the way it serves juice after a 15-month-old boy mistakenly was served an alcohol-infused margarita mix instead of apple juice at one of the chain's outlets here.

At least three similar reports, dating back to 2006, have been reported at Applebee's restaurants in the United States.

Dominic Dill-Reese of Oak Park began acting strangely Friday afternoon after taking a few drinks from a "sippy cup" at an Applebee's in Madison Heights.

The boy's mother said he eventually laid his head down on the table.

She found his drink tasted like alcohol, later determined to be part of an alcohol-infused margarita mix police believe was from a mislabeled bottle at the bar. He was later found to have 0.10 alcohol level, greater than when a motorist is determined to be driving intoxicated in Michigan.

Madison Heights Police did not return calls Monday, but Melissa Racer, a spokeswoman for Applebee's, released a statement saying the Michigan incident is being investigated internally as well as by local police. The statement also said it has prompted Applebee's to change its policy of dispensing and storing fruit juice.

"We want to express how thankful we are that the child involved in the incident at our restaurant in Madison Heights, Mich., on April 8, was not seriously injured as a result of accidentally receiving the wrong beverage," the statement read. "We also want to apologize to his parents, for the stress and worry this caused them. …"

The company statement said in part that a Police Department report confirmed "the child was served a trace amount of alcohol."

Applebee's said it was taking "actions to help prevent a reoccurrence":

It is changing the way it serves apple juice to youngsters. It will pour the juice "only from single-serve containers served at the table," beginning this week.

It is immediately retraining servers on beverage pouring policy, "emphasizing that nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages must be stored in completely separate and identified containers."

Source

I noticed some errors in this article. Fuck. Are there no reliable news sources? anywhere? the fuck...

I'd be suing up the ass if i was the parent/s.

Comments

• TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited April 2011
    Probably a scammer looking for money, wouldn't be the first time this has happened.
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    shit lucky ass kid
  • edited April 2011
    Fuck Crapplebees up the ass with a knife sideways, I applied for a job with them a dozen or so years ago, and they handed me a psychological assessment exam, 50 questions designed to weed out the unworthy. I am not surprised to hear about this level of incompetence, the only people working for them are the ones who lied on the exam.
    Actually, I am pretty sure it is a scam by the parents regardless of my opinions about Assholegrease. At any good sized family restaurant apple juice comes in 5-10 liter boxes or bags, and is dispensed from a dedicated cooler, usually along with orange juice. Marg mix is on a spout with the pop, in a plastic bottle by the bar, or in a slurpee machine, and unless you want the cooks helping themselves, it has no booze in it until the bartender or server puts it there. The fuckers probably ordered a marg, put it in a cup and force fed it to the kid. I doubt any child would drink a marg willingly as it is sour as hell and not very sweet(at least one from a family restaurant is).

C/O
    "Waiter, there is a 2 lb rat in my soup, how did you not notice this?"
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I will side with C/O on this. Who the fuck complains about getting drunk and that kid could have told about the taste after few sips. He knew what he was doing. Fucking scammers or just idiots I suppose.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited April 2011
    Same thing happened at a Chili's a couple years back, lol. Same chain resturant type shit.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't see what the fuss is about. I've been giving my kids booze mixed with juice since they were infants. If you want to get any sleep at night I suggest following my lead. Not only does is keep them quiet, but it prepares them to drink like responsible adults when they come of age. My oldest son aged 7 can take a shot with my friends and I and not even chase it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I don't see what the fuss is about. I've been giving my kids booze mixed with juice since they were infants. If you want to get any sleep at night I suggest following my lead. Not only does is keep them quiet, but it prepares them to drink like responsible adults when they come of age. My oldest son aged 7 can take a shot with my friends and I and not even chase it.

Role Model Father!

More power to you.