Alarm went off at Kmart

blink182blink182 Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Man Cave
I had 5 games in my pants, I had stolen some earlier and the alarm didnt go off so i figured it wouldnt go off again, but it did. First off, what makes it go off? I had 2 xbox 360 games, 2 Wii and 1 PC game. second is there any chance i could still get caught? I ran out and walked home so they couldnt get license plate numbers

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    1. Security tags
    2. Smile, you're on camera!
  • blink182blink182 Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    1. Security tags
    2. Smile, you're on camera!

Any chance anything could happen if I never went back there again?
    edited April 2011
    :facepalm: Yes, they will most likely recognize you.

if I NEVER went back there again. I mean, would they do anything outside of the store?
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    blink182 wrote: »
    if I NEVER went back there again. I mean, would they do anything outside of the store?

It depends on the store. It looks like you got away with it....for now at least.

Refer to these threads for more info
    The Official Shoplifter's Thread
    Shoplifting Tools

This reminds me, we need a thread on magic bags.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    I heard it's worse once you leave and they catch you vs. staying and just putting it in the system.. you should be ok but damn dont steal!
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited April 2011
    I hate you :mad::mad:
    I pay $60 for all of my game4s cause I dont; steal :angry:
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't go back to that store again, they don't have plate numbers so they don't know who you are. Pick another place to lift from, and be smarter when you do.
  • edited April 2011
    Probably just stay away from that store for a couple weeks/months.

It's good to have a beard/mustache or something because you can always shave it off and be almost unrecognizable if you need to.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited April 2011
    Aside from avoiding the store you might consider avoiding any other stores in the area of the same chain.

It's been known for them to share information concerning shoplifters and people who perform return fraud be it through their LP department or just managers giving the managers at their other locations a heads up.

Give it a year or so and you should be good.
  • spinkyspinky Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    The KMart SWAT team could be outside your door right now getting ready to bust it down and throw some flashbangs in.
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited April 2011
    You will be fine. If the alarm goes off and even if you go back they cant prove anything. If you do go back just dont theif anything.
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited April 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    I hate you :mad::mad:
    I pay $60 for all of my game4s cause I dont; steal :angry:

This

Shit is expensive enough without having to have prices jacked up because of people ripping crap off.
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited April 2011
    uofmcamaro wrote: »
    Shit is expensive enough without having to have prices jacked up because of people ripping crap off.

Shut the fuck up right now forever. The prices arent jacked because someone is stealing the games. Its high because they can get away with it and it compensates for the possibly piracy problems.
  • xyzxyz New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Shut the fuck up right now forever. The prices arent jacked because someone is stealing the games. Its high because they can get away with it and it compensates for the possibly piracy problems.

This.

The huge profit margin on games helps to balance out the hit gaming companies take when they sell consoles, which actually cost companies money. They sell the consoles for cheaper than they cost to make in the hopes that the video game revenue will balance out the equation. Video game DVDs cost pennies to produce, not $60.
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited April 2011
    No joke they charge high prices to make money. What a novel concept. Invent a product people want and place a price on it so you can make money. Why didn't I think of that!!!

I'm sure people stealing it has nothing to do with price what so ever.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited April 2011
    Heh, you're fine. Just don't go back there for at least 6 months.

Also, read this: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=7815
    edited April 2011
    Would selling these games on eBay be safe? some are factory sealed some aren't, btw. If not, what is the best way to sell, other than just selling to some random person you know?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Oh you n00b. Probably were the RFID tags.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited April 2011
    Selling them is fine, just use craigslist or ebay.

Ps: n00b
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited April 2011
    You gotta cut the bar code and metal strip sensor off with a razor first, or just pocket the game disc. The cases can be bought for cheap and the labels can be printed out if you planned to resell them. Add some plastic with super glue or a cheap heat sealer and they'll look brand new. Thats what they do in China and Korea anyway.
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    I worked at Kmart for awhile and while the LP guy was away on paternity I had to helkp with some shit. I dont know about other stores but at my store fuckin towers went off all the goddamn time for no reason. anyways a good way to avoid any possible shit goin down is to actually make a pass by an aisle with cheap shit and RFID scanners on them and just get something to buy. now if the towers go off the person at customer service will usually just wave at you. Customer service cannot detain you anyways so if they say to come back to the desk or something like that and you got merch n you just fuckin book it! it is unlikely anyone will follow you outside the store.

Now on the flip side if you get approached at the front door by somebody just dressed casual and they start to walk in front of the door and they are facing you chances are they are LP. now these guys are tricky assholes. if theyre about your size just push em over and run like fuckin balls. if theyre bigger then you you might have to make them think you are going to cooperate and then dip out QUICK. if you touch somebody who is trying to stop you that is Battery so dont plan on goin back to that store again.

For the most part people in stores dont do shit except LP or managers. funniest shit i seen was dude liftin shirts who forgot to pull one of those big ass size tags off the front. you know the ones that say L L L L L L L L L down the front. guy walked out the front door.

dont get cocky though. most stores do communicate with each other about lifters especially if you are in a problem area and stealin expensive shit (games). we got a tip from a shopko by us about a dude who went to that store like twice a week for a month lifted something like 40 dvds. anyways LP at our store caught him I guess he is fucked now.
  • electric wizardelectric wizard Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    What GotTwoThumbs said about the alarms going off all the time...

The cashiers and the LP (if one is even available) are the only security there. Cashiers cannot do shit, and KMart is a failing company that cannot afford a permanent LPO in the great majority of its stores.

I worked in retail for two years, and unless you were followed by security whilst in the store, you're fine. They don't give a shit. Everyone working in the front end interacts with hundreds of people per day. Unless you were flagged as a security risk, they don't have a clue who the fuck you are. Even if you were, youre added to a long list that is difficult to follow coherently between shifts. "If anyone sees the blurry, pixelated, black and white section of this mans head, be suspicious...and maybe follow him around like we were supposed to do the first fucking time around"

When cashiers notice the alarm go off, they usually don't care. Ours went off for tons of reasons...New clothing that wasnt deactivated correctly goes off. An item that another cashier forgot to deactivate will go off. In this case, they will most likely just wave you through the door. Why? They hate their jobs. They hate interacting with more people than necessary, and will do anything necessary to avoid smelling your breath and dealing with your needs
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    What GotTwoThumbs said about the alarms going off all the time...

Cashiers cannot do shit, and KMart is a failing company that cannot afford a permanent LPO in the great majority of its stores.

hahaha ya they are
    "If anyone sees the blurry, pixelated, black and white section of this mans head, be suspicious...and maybe follow him around like we were supposed to do the first fucking time around"
    they did afford better cameras in some stores now though. got HD in the store i used to work in. don't think it will change much though