Getting Most Out of Your 5.1 and 7.1 Headphones

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Life
During the late 2004 we saw flood of new Surround Headphones, each using different Technologies. But 2009 was the year in which we saw products like Psyko 5.1, Logitech G35 and others shake the gaming market. However, this guide isn't intended for gamers. It's for people who enjoy watching movies and just want to have some audio fun.

For the sake of convenience this guide mostly tackles with Microsoft Windows 7, however some steps can be used in Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows Xp.

Guide

An excellent guide. I am going to try this.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    I've got a 5:1 surround system, but never used 5:1 headphones.

Do they really give the impression of surround sound?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    MrBenn wrote: »
    I've got a 5:1 surround system, but never used 5:1 headphones.

Do they really give the impression of surround sound?

I think they do. I have 5.1 Headphones as well. There is a major sound difference.
  • edited April 2011
    I have 'em, but mine are fucked now... So i guess this thread is slightly to late to benefit me hah
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I have 'em, but mine are fucked now... So i guess this thread is slightly to late to benefit me hah

What happened?
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    Might have to give some a try!
  • edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    What happened?

Uhhh they're badly blown out and They also split in half... Which is currently being held together with 'invisible tape' cuz that's all I had around me at the time hahah.... Woe is me : /
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't think mine are 5.1, but they still handled the treble and bass from those videos quite well. The set I use is one of Sony's in-ear noise blocking sets. They're not spectacular by any means, but they're far superior to many mid range sets, especially considering I only paid $20 for them a few years back.

Edit: Started reading the guide. They're definitely NOT 5.1. Just plug into the headphone jack rather than USB.