Scientifically Damned Experiences of Totseans (post yours!)

abrnabrn Abrn
edited May 2011 in Life
One of my favorite things in SotD when it was in its prime was Totsean submitted stories and experience reports. Definitely some of the best shit I have read online to this day. Creepypasta ain't got shit on those stories, maybe its because Totseans are more imaginative, more delusional, or have better drugs. I'm talking the ones that are supposed to be true, not some campfire stories.

In this thread ( which will be one of the feature stickies) users will post about strange things they have seen, experienced, or gotten themselves into pertaining to Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned and any other unexplainable interesting occurences - be it paranormal or unclassifiable. This thread will also be here for when new experiences happen to a Totsean and they want to post a thread about it in SotD. Some experiences will deserve their own thread ( and will be linked here) and some threads will be merged into this one.

So, worshipers of the Electron, post your experiences!

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    When I was helping a friend of mine setup his cafe [about three years ago], we had some odd experiences with the place.

First off all, the building owner didn't tell him what business used to be there. Neither did the neighboring businesses or anyone else. When we got to the place, it was just a mess. Casette tapes EVERYWHERE, broken chairs, blood stains on the carpet. It was fucking scary as hell. Note that this local is near an avenue and tonnes of people pass by. Anyways, the place looked fishy as hell but he decided to rent it and opened up his cafe.

After setting up his surveillance cameras, we noticed white orbs spiraling to a certain chair. It wasn't dust, and everytime we got near it, the orbs went to the walls. We figured LOL, must be some illusion or glare so we shut all the windows at night and left it record overnight. The same thing. What's odd is that the camera picked up movement on the chair every though it was stationary during the whole recording.

After that things got worse. He said he heard footsteps running up the ladder when he was preparing to open up. I remember opening up once and locking all the doors giving me plenty of time to vacuum, turn the server on, PCs, etc.. When all of a sudden this huge glass door opened itself. No wind, nothing. Just opened itself; it's heavy as fuck and requires some effort to open it.

Well, he started ignoring it and they started mindfucking with him. They would turn on the computer monitors in sequential orders [ 1, 3 , 5, 2, 4, 6 ]. It was really odd but I suggested that the electrical wiring must be screwed or something so he hired an electrician who literally re-did the WHOLE internal wiring. 4 days later, the same thing.

I go there often, and they often turn the monitors on and stuff. It's not scary anymore, more like a welcoming feeling. I feel their presence, they see mine. Often when I listen to music it'd suddenly stop then I'd notice that the headset jack has been unplugged. It's kinda lulzy, but what's every weirder is that they only taunt us, and never the customers. Maybe they're just fucking around, but ya. Just wanted to share that.

He found out the local used to be a money transfer/phone booth place. Pretty weird they would just leave.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    Gr8 post. Try to get a hold of some of those recordings, or if you are interested try to communicate with these fuckers so you can have a more healthy paranormal relationship while coexisting more peacefully.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Ok heres mine. When i was younger the house I lived in was old as shit. It was built in 1780 and had a history of strange things from previous owners. Anyway the amount of things I heard and witnessed would make too long of a post so I'll just list a few. Once when I was 15 mer and a friend were chilling and there was this mirror in the living room and at the same time I shit you not we both witnessed what looked like a woman in a plum colored dress in the mirror with long black hair. It was also common to here children laughing and on 2 occasions at night I could faintly here what sounded almost like a party. You know a lot of people talking. On another occasion I was in my room and couldnt sleep. I felt like there was a presence in the room with me and I opened my eyes and saw what looked like a dead girl staring back at me. The face looked decayed and shit. Nothing since has frightened me like when I saw this. I have more story's like this if your interested.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    Definitely post some more if you want
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    One of the placed I used to work was a building erected in the early 20th century. At one point, it had an apartment as a second floor. Sometime during the 30's, it was torn off because of the city codes at the time. It wasn't completely torn off, as there's still a bit of a crawl space. We've found quit a few little knick knacks from way back when up there, further enforcing the age. In the past 100 years, it's been used for all sorts of things.

At least once a week when I'm in there, I experience auditory hallucinations. Sometimes it's someone calling my name, other times it's just a jumble of voices. This has happened when I was the only one in the building, and the structures on either side are vacant.

One of my coworkers' girlfriends says she occasionally sees a little girl in turn of the century garb walking around the shop.

At least once, I've had something hit the wall near me, without anyone having thrown anything.

It can be a bit of a spooky place. It's definitely got some history to it. I'll have to see if I can track down any video/photos of anything that's happened.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    When I was 19 years old I was home on leave and came home tripping my brains out to find that my parents were not there. I went to one of my bedroom windows which I used to keep unlocked for occasions just like this. Well of course it was locked and I had no key. I considered just punching the window but then thought of how pissed my Dad would be about that.

I don't recall what made me think to try the following (prolly the 5 or 6 hits of acid in me) but this is what I proceeded to do. I made a fist and extended my pinky and index finger like this.

handdo.jpg

I then place the tip of each extended finger on the glass right below the lock and twisted my wrist in a circle motion as I imaged "scoring" the glass with some sort of energy. Now I know that nobody will ever believe this next part but I swear it happened. With my hand still held like this image I flicked my middle finger against the area of the glass I had just "encircled" like you would when you flick somebody in the back of the head. Upon contact a circle of glass popped out of the window without cracking any of the rest of the pane.

I then reach through the whole and unlocked the window and climbed in. I put on some headphones, fired up my stereo and rode out the rest of my trip. When I woke up the next morning I remembered breaking the window and figured that I had just hallucinated the circle part. When I looked at the windows and saw the circle of glass missing I got a chill from the top of my ass crack to the base of my skull.

About 20 minutes later I heard my Dad in the back yard fucking with the pool which was right outside the windows I had "broken". My Dad spotted the hole and went ape shit accusing my of having a glass cutter and asking me what other "burglary tools I had.

Of course I didn't tell him what had really happened and took shit for the entire week I was home because he was convinced I was lying about not having a glass cutter. I made up some bullshit story about using a can he had on his workbench in the garage that he kept fasteners in to break the window trying to explain the circle hole in the window.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    are u a wizard?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    are u a wizard?

Isn't everyone?
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited April 2011
    Oldish thread, but I'll post mine.

So a few years ago, I was in a jam band. We'd just sit around, chill out, have a barbeque, play some footy or cricket and finally get around to playing some music (normally Metallica/Slayer covers.)

So anyway, this one day, everything is going a bit slow. We're on Youtube, showing each other different bands we know, when we hear a bunch of banging up stairs. We think it's just one of his cats, until we notice both of them are downstairs. Fair enough, must be wind knocking something over. As we start to walk up the stairs to make sure nothing is broken, we hear a continuous bouncing of a plastic-like sound. We see a ping pong ball slowly making its way down the stairs. By this time, our friend who lives there was getting extremely distressed. Nothing else really happened that day, but since then we've heard noises and shit. I don't really jam with them anymore, so I dunno about any 'progress' the experience might have had.

A few months later, the guy who lives there told us some history about the house. When his parents bought it, it hadn't been lived in for about 20 years, and was pretty much falling apart. They got it cheap because- wait for it - someone had shot themselves in it. He says he's seen faces in mirrors, and weird shit out of the corner of his eye, and that shit like this happens rather frequently. There's a bullet hole in his upstairs bathroom window, which he and his parents refuse to remove, thinking it will bring on some kind of 'curse'. To be honest, I don't blame them.

I still see the guy who lives there quite regularly, I'll ask him next time I see him and see if anything else weird has happened.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    The only thing that sucks more than slayer is metallica, fuck fuck fuck those pole smoking shit eating sell out pussy motherfuckers, into infinity.

The main part of the house I live in started as a log cabin and it is 150 plus years old. Strange noises and doings are normal. The only things that really freak me out is sometimes I will have dreams that I am lying in my bed/on the floor and a shadow will start to creep across my bedspread. I try to get up but I am completely paralyzed and the shadow keeps getting closer until it is right on top of me and I still cannot move no matter how hard I try. I can feel someone breathing right next to me and then I finally jerk out of bed (for real, not dreaming) usually making some weird noises that are supposed to be a yell but my vocal cords work like shit when I wake up. It has happened several times and I NEVER dream about places that actually exist, that is why I think it could be a ghosty. If it is a ghost, I like him alright. It keeps things interesting but I never really feel like I am in much harm. In fact I feel like it is a positive and happy place, except for these crazy dreams.

There is also a graveyard a quarter mile from my house that slaves, and in the nicer area, their owners are buried in. I was poked and tapped on the shoulder when walking through there at night by myself. I think I might take a widgi, WEE GEE board there sometime.
    edited May 2011
    Osiris wrote: »
    I think I might take a widgi, WEE GEE board there sometime.

That shit be fucked bro
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    When I was younger I would wake up in my room in the middle of the night. On the ledge outside the window there perched a beautiful white bird, and this happened occasionally for quite a long time. One day, it was not there anymore. I dont know what it was or where it went, but it is something I will remember for a lifetime because it seemed otherworldly.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Fucked as in it doesn't work or it is just a bad thing?
  • mobilaks01mobilaks01 Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for sharing. Waiting for new studies. ;)
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011

Every thing I have heard from people suggests that it isn't something that you want to fuck with.
    edited May 2011
    Every thing I have heard from people suggests that it isn't something that you want to fuck with.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Whether it's 'real' or not, psychological effects probably wouldn't be too positive.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011

Which only exponentially increases my desire to do so.

I don't see how it could have any psychological effects if it is only a piece of plastic and cardboard. So I probably will, and I will let you guys know how it goes, if I am still capable.
    edited May 2011
    Curiosity killed the cat
  • womens111111womens111111 Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    Thanks For Share i like it.