The cheese thread.

edited May 2011 in Life
So....
pinhed.jpg

I am a cheese fanatic, the only thing I like more than weed and booze, is cheese, preferably eaten high on weed, while drinking good beer or wine. The best cheese I have ever tasted was an artisan Gouda, aged 5 years, ripe, reeking, and wonderful.
I have a taste for the strong stuff, aged goat cheese, stilton, morbiere, raclette,tilset, if it smells like roadkill buried for a week in the desert, I dig it. I am happy to pay $15-$20 for a hunk of something so vile to the uninitiated that I need to eat it in my room, so as not to funk up the joint. I like just about anything else too, something called "sap sago", a whey cheese, is the only thing I remember really not liking, even Kraft singles have their place, on a slider burger, or a grilled cheese, but god help you if you give me that half assed process mozza on a pizza, I have made pizza joints that lied to me over the phone come pick up their crappy wheels.

So what cheese do you like? Do you like the strong stuff?, or are you puzzled as you watch someone enjoying something that is obviously inedible, and possibly toxic?

C/O
"right fucking cheesed off, at the fact I have no cheese"

Comments

• SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    It's funny, I used to abhor cheese growing up, and my mum used to practically force feed the stuff to me. I'd think that would put me off but over the last couple of years I've grown a strong fondness for cheese.

I guess my favourites would have to be strong, crumbly cheddars, as well as creamy soft cheeses like camembert
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited May 2011
    I do enjoy cheese, especially sharp cheeses with crackers :cool:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Stilton, Edam, Cammembere, Brie, Cheddar (all sorts), Red Leicester.

Too many, too many.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    I always get a blue cheese dip for my pizza :thumbsup:
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited May 2011
    Black diamond Cheddar, aged 2 years, is the fanciest cheese I've ever eaten. It was $20 for a very small wedge, but I didn't pay for it. Cheddar is good, the sharper the better
    black_diamond.jpg
    I also enjoy feta, muenster, and smoked Gouda.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Mild cheddar is nice :) I like cheese, apples, and crackers. Also love French Brie.