Of Times and Kings

Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As I think about the world today, I realize nothing has really changed from ages gone.

I see the police as I see the knights of kings. Our police drive through our streets eying us suspiciously, always looking down upon us. I remember the King's Men, and his horsemen walking through the villages and inspiring that common feeling of "if I don't do anything wrong, they'll leave me alone". I'm sure you've felt that feeling when a patrol car pulls up behind you.

Same fear, same game, and same motives. The tax collectors of old could really tax you for whatever reason they wanted, assuming they made a legal sounding argument. Your highway patrolman is no different, he is a Revenue Agent. They have a quota, and if you're unfortunate enough to be targeted by them, you will be fined. If you resist, you will be imprisoned or made example of.

I'll never understand how people put up with it for so long before they decide to do anything about it. But you know what happened to all the unjust kings that terrorized the commonfolk? The commonfolk resisted... and won more than most ever imagined.

One day, our day will come, and it's coming soon.

One thing that has changed, is our status. Ages ago it was probably unheard of for a man to not know how to hunt or fight, but now very few people could actually survive if they were thrust into the wilderness. Instead, we spend our entire youth learning how to sit in an office from 9-5, that food comes from McDonalds, and that if you want to be successful in life you need a good job.

Take a step back in time, and you'll realize the only people that only learned to work and not how to feed themselves, were slaves. And that is exactly what we are today.

You must cut your hair to get a decent "job", when long hair is the mark of a free man.
You must refrain from offending anyone, especially at your job, instead of speaking your mind.
You must keep your job, so you can pay your bills and buy food, because you don't know how to hunt.

But so long as you stay within the boundaries of "political correctness", dedicate a majority of your precious hours of life to a company, and are sure to follow all the rules, life won't be made any worse for you. So be a good little citizen and go to sleep. You have work in the morning and you must be able to give your all for your boss.

Comments