Show off your meds.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
'Sup &T?
Just thought I'd put a "Show your meds" thread up here. I have way too many so have just posted the painkillers I get. Just picked these up this morning. You know it's gonna be a good day when you go to the dispensary at 10:30am and pick up 100 CoCodamol and Tramadol pills. Even though having my medical condition is great for pharmaceuticals etc, I hate this need to rely on them.

Xt8.jpg

More to come. Even injections!

Post yours?
Post yours.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    meds.jpg

Sorry but I don't take meds :(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    More:
    6Q.jpg

The stuff on the left is an anti-inflammatory and I have to have 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening (4 x 500mg).
    The nasty stuff on the right is an immunosuppresant subcutaneous injection. Has to be kept cold, too.

Closeup:
    Xn.jpg

More:
    t2L.jpg

And just for Dfg:
    IV.jpg
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    I dont take meds. It will be pretty funny when the collapse comes however and all of those that do are fucked. I think near half the population in Western countries are on long term meds.

Fifty years ago people were dying in a matter of days for conditions we now prescribe pills for that keep people alive for decades. These people are a burden on society and continue to breed passing their inferior genetics.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I completely agree, which is why I am planning on adopting a kid. I get depressed as shit talking about it but every time I pick up meds or take them I feel like a fuckup.
    Still, I'm happy and can survive to an extent without them. I've had years to contemplate and think over every possible scenario.
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I completely agree, which is why I am planning on adopting a kid. I get depressed as shit talking about it but every time I pick up meds or take them I feel like a fuckup.
    Still, I'm happy and can survive to an extent without them. I've had years to contemplate and think over every possible scenario.

Props to you for deciding not to breed and adopt instead. Depression is very common amongst those who have long term conditions.

What is it you have, ulcerative colitis or some shit? Eat more cabbage, broccoli and the like, take up smoking, bin refined carbs and eat more fish and pasture raised red meat and eggs, then throw the meds in the bin.
  • OutbackOutback Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

Don't feel like a fuck up.

Evolution through biological means is to slow, technological advances are the new evolution. Why should someone die/live in pain when their life can be prolonged? Your surviving could mean that a child who has nothing is given a chance at a good life, your potential children could cure cancer!
  • OutbackOutback Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Fifty years ago people were dying in a matter of days for conditions we now prescribe pills for that keep people alive for decades. These people are a burden on society and continue to breed passing their inferior genetics.

I am sorry but how does someone surviving the flu count as a burden on society? What's to say that person wont lead a wonderful life? Should their family have to suffer the death of a loved one just because they got the flu?

Someone surviving the flu does not necessarily have better genetics than someone that doesn't, maybe they were just better cared for?

But please, next time you get sick why don't you just jump in an ice bath to help the process along, I am sure that you have never done anything in your life, you have no family or friends that will be affected by your death. Make sure you pre-pay the funeral as well so that you are a burden on no one.
    edited May 2011
    Outback wrote: »
    I am sorry but how does someone surviving the flu count as a burden on society? What's to say that person wont lead a wonderful life? Should their family have to suffer the death of a loved one just because they got the flu?

Someone surviving the flu does not necessarily have better genetics than someone that doesn't, maybe they were just better cared for?

But please, next time you get sick why don't you just jump in an ice bath to help the process along, I am sure that you have never done anything in your life, you have no family or friends that will be affected by your death. Make sure you pre-pay the funeral as well so that you are a burden on no one.

Please point out where I specifically said 'flu or influenza. I think my monitor must be fucked as I cannot see it anywhere.