Fears

MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
wut r yours? do they hold you back? think u can change them?

Comments

• PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    I used to care what people thought of me. To an excessive degree, to the extent I would often get paranoid and anxious about it. It really held me back, I would barely talk. Then I would worry that they thought I was weird for not talking. So I would try to make up for it, often I would be to fucked to say anything coherent. This would result in me slurring and mumbling some meaningless bullshit, covered up by retarded laughter at nothing. Whenever I told a story, or even said anything, I would ruminate on how bad and awkward a thing that was to say, or how gay it sounded just everything negative about it. I'm not bothered, within reason, what people think of me any more. I decided that the people that care for me, myself included, are the only people I need to live for. Everyone else is for entertainment purposes only.
  • edited May 2011
    Dogs, I'd say. I dunno though, I've started caring less about it just lately, but after I got bitten by one I was pretty scared of them for a while. Other than that, I don't really have anything else. I suppose heights could be one, but that's easily overcome if you spend enough time at a great height :D I want to work on that one, actually.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I suppose heights could be one, but that's easily overcome if you spend enough time at a great height :D I want to work on that one, actually.

That reminds me, I don't have a fear of heights. As in being in a high place, like a roller coaster, aeroplane, tower or roof. But climbing up them sometimes scares the shit out of me. I doesn't matter whether I can see the height I'm at though, it's strange.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Not really scared of anything, except for swimming in the ocean. Fucking scares the fuck out of me.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dogs. I was chased by a "friendly" doberman as a child. Made me run 3 laps around the whole park and ended up crashing on a pole almost..breaking a rib.

Swimming in a pool. I almost drowned in the deep section of a pool as a child. Scary shit.

Insects.
    Disconnecting power cables from outlets. Got a nice shock from it several years back.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited May 2011
    Having my freedom taken away forever. I don't see why lifers just don't commit suicide. Living in prison isn't living.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited May 2011
    jkdhvlfjnvkldf
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Jumping into deep water.

When I was younger, the swim instructor made us go on the high diving board. I wouldn't jump, so he took a hose and sprayed me and then eventually came up and pushed me off. I quit lessons and ever since that, I've had to slowly lower myself into the pool while clinging onto the ledge whenever I went swimming :o

Other than that, I HAVE NO FEARS :angry:mayberrysmilie.gif:angry:
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Jumping into deep water.

When I was younger, the swim instructor made us go on the high diving board. I wouldn't jump, so he took a hose and sprayed me and then eventually came up and pushed me off. I quit lessons and ever since that, I've had to slowly lower myself into the pool while clinging onto the ledge whenever I went swimming :o

Other than that, I HAVE NO FEARS :angry:mayberrysmilie.gif:angry:

WTF is this someone you paid for swimming lessons? Didn't your parents do something? If someone did that to one of my children I'd fuck him up.
    edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    WTF is this someone you paid for swimming lessons? Didn't your parents do something? If someone did that to one of my children I'd fuck him up.

It was a common occurence actually. My parents just laughed at me for being a wimp :o
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    It was a common occurence actually. My parents just laughed at me for being a wimp :o

DISGRACE TO THE ZHANG FAMILY!
    edited May 2011
    Box wrote: »
    DISGRACE TO THE ZHANG FAMILY!

:( Depressing memories all coming back :(:(:(:(
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    :( Depressing memories all coming back :(:(:(:(

AWWW do you need a hug?

BOX give Mayberry a hug.
    edited May 2011
    AWWW do you need a hug?

BOX give Mayberry a hug.

Nah, I'm tuff now. But that's the thing here. It was pre-9/11, so parents were more willing to let things happen. I doubt they still do that stuff at the pool today. Now we've got kids learning nothing except for how to be wimps and ending up listening to Justin Bieber and My Chemical Romance :facepalm:
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited May 2011
    I used to care what people thought of me. To an excessive degree, to the extent I would often get paranoid and anxious about it. It really held me back, I would barely talk. Then I would worry that they thought I was weird for not talking. So I would try to make up for it, often I would be to fucked to say anything coherent. This would result in me slurring and mumbling some meaningless bullshit, covered up by retarded laughter at nothing. Whenever I told a story, or even said anything, I would ruminate on how bad and awkward a thing that was to say, or how gay it sounded just everything negative about it. I'm not bothered, within reason, what people think of me any more. I decided that the people that care for me, myself included, are the only people I need to live for. Everyone else is for entertainment purposes only.

^ this but i have chilled out and care less about what people say about me. I also have this big fear of people chasing me. If you were to charge me i would take off too. Moose what are your fears?
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited May 2011
    Not really scared of anything, except for swimming in the ocean. Fucking scares the fuck out of me.

Totally agree with you, like I will not swim in the ocean but I'm fine with surfing, which really doesn't make sense because I look more like something a shark would attack :confused:

But I've actually overcome my fear of wasps, possibly because I'm normally drunk if I'm outside
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    i guess my biggest fear is not being a success in life.. i know its a process (and definitely not happening now) but i will achieve :mad:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    I cant look straight up at a clear blue sky. my friends tested this out and held me down and pry d open my eylids. I awoke standing with my fist clenched over one of them and the other had a broken nose.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    I gave up fear in 05...