What do you feel when you think 'Totse'?

ToothlessjoeToothlessjoe Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
It reminds me of finding the original .com back in 2003 when I was still a youngster. It reminds me of discovering the Internet, shock sites, reading about columbine, learning about American culture through the boards and wikipedia, and reading all the bad ideas articles; like how to hack a soda machine.

Some good nostalgia right there.

Comments

• FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2010
    Reminds me of Jeff's goodbye message and Zoklet :mad:
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Totse reminds me of everything I've learnt since I was like 14 when I found it.
    Criminal things (lifting, picking), drug info, conspiricies, sex and girls and reading humanities blew my mind.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    It reminds me of forbidden information and the days of old school hacking (which I wasn't even around for :(). It also reminds me of all the lulz had.
  • edited July 2010
    Bomb making. And 4J and I poop in your cereal always stand out from back in my lurkin days.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    Reminds me of when I was a kid and used to lurk Totse just reading the boards. I was never compelled to register, probably because of how n00bs were treated back in the day. Then registration closed and I was like FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-!

I learned a lot just from lurking. Everyone else's problems kinda helped me solve my own. I remember a couple users definitely stuck in my head. A lot of trolls like fraggin noobs in columbine and molosh, 449 and jheit... and of course chunt and HTS-Noob lol

I also remember some good posters like Infrared... uh who else was there...? I definitely remember the bunny.meatball saga. I think the first post in that epic thread was the first thread I ever read in S&A. Heh. I definitely didn't forget Jackketch either. Fuckin crazy moderators

could never forget Metaphysicist either. lol
  • edited July 2010
    Slice wrote: »
    Reminds me of when I was a kid and used to lurk Totse just reading the boards. I was never compelled to register, probably because of how n00bs were treated back in the day. Then registration closed and I was like FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-!

I learned a lot just from lurking. Everyone else's problems kinda helped me solve my own. I remember a couple users definitely stuck in my head. A lot of trolls like fraggin noobs in columbine and molosh, 449 and jheit... and of course chunt and HTS-Noob lol

I also remember some good posters like Infrared... uh who else was there...? I definitely remember the bunny.meatball saga. I think the first post in that epic thread was the first thread I ever read in S&A. Heh. I definitely didn't forget Jackketch either. Fuckin crazy moderators

could never forget Metaphysicist either. lol

When did you sign up and start lurking. Sadly I checked reg everyday for about a year and a half of lurking. And then came that fateful July fourth. And then soon after it died. :(
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    When did you sign up and start lurking. Sadly I checked reg everyday for about a year and a half of lurking. And then came that fateful July fourth. And then soon after it died. :(

I discovered it in like 2005. I lurked on and off until registration closed for like a year and a half... which pissed me off so I didn't sign up until that July 4th when it reopened and we got the the huge tsnoobie. If I remember right 4J was actually part of the '08 tsnoobie, along with myself and some other lulzy posters.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I didn't come in until after the Tsunoobie because the email server was fuckin broken, I couldn't confirm my account. I was only registered for like, four or five months before the thing went down. I lurked/read the text files since Jan '08, though.
  • ToothlessjoeToothlessjoe Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, I signed back in 2004. That's ages ago :|
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I found &T in '02, lurked for a while, registered in '04. I found &T by searching "I want to make my school go boom." &T was the first link.
  • vnorbertovnorberto Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I found totse in late'06by searching methods to make crack
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    I searched how to hack vending machines! :D

Bad Ideas was so much better way back then, so many lulzy creative ideas to cause havoc!
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    TJ I think you were the target of my first totse flame:o
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    It reminds me of lulz, the whole jenkems thing with pickwick and seeing how funny racism can actually be when used correctly.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Someone blowing their hands off trying to make a bomb.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    Pretty much what you see here, only .com was more thriving.

[ip: logged]