The Totse Revolution - A new generation of information.

Get comfortable - let's take a look at the situation...

It's time to make a change here. At the moment, we're mostly following in the footsteps of Totse.com and while this is great in some aspects (nostalgia, awesome layout etc) it also means that we're still wasting our time writing up the same old articles. Making a bomb out of 20 Christmas crackers isn't exactly brilliant information, and while it used to target an audience which would effectively bring in anarchistic teenagers every day, something changed.

The Internet has opened up a little. Information on making bombs and hacking payphones is available EVERYWHERE, and writing it all up for Totse doesn't really get us anywhere. Lordworm makes a good point;
Sites like Shitbook and YouTube have killed the market for fringe discussion sites. I'm not sure how it happened, but the activity on these types of sites has been steadily diminishing since mainstream versions of internet social networks started to gain popularity. Most of the explosives/pyrotechnics forums I used to post on are dead or forgotten and inactive. Yet there are still plenty of people posting energetics related videos and having incoherent fragments of discussion on YouTube. And for fuck sakes, there are even explosives 'discussion' groups on Shitbook!

The internet is changing, and we must find a way to adapt if we are to survive. Totse was once a strong empire, but unless something drastic happens, it's always going to be a shadow in the wake of the new social networks.

So, what can we do to modernize Totse?

Here is Lordworm again, with some perfect advice :D
IMO, the original Totse was based around 4 central topics: Drugs, hacking, small scale crime, and explosives. It's going to be difficult to introduce anything fresh into any of these topics without making them too complicated for mass appeal. Some possible ideas:

Hacking - Work on exploiting security flaws in the large social networking sites like Facebook. For every 100 faggots who treat those sites like their lifeline, there's at least one person who fucking hates them and will be tempted to Google "How to hack Facebook" or "Hacking Facebook passwords".

Crime - Work on up to date methods for popular crimes: Shoplifting, commercial B&E, targeted vandalism, etc.. New methods for defeating EAS, perhaps a magic bag type device that actually works, a guide on creating homemade versions of popular Sensormatic detachers, and vehicle destruction techniques that actually work (None of this 'KMnO4 in the gas tank' type bullshit Totse had for 15 years).

Explosives - This is an area I'm currently in the process of working on. Guides for making useful OTC explosives will be created when I have free time away from college.

Drugs are not my area and I barely have a working knowledge of that topic, so someone else will have to figure that one out.

Let's get this shit happening.

Writing guides and generating content

If you're too lazy to read what Lordworm had to say above, I've condensed it into a nice little bullet-point system below. These are the areas which we need to work on most, as they will be the foundations for the Totse revolution.

Computer security and Hacking - this is an area which I believe to be very important, as it's pretty much a foundation to the future. Everything is becoming computerized. If it runs on an Operating System, it's exploitable.
  • Exploiting security flaws in the large social networking sites like Facebook.
  • Exploiting popular forum software.
  • Hacking into computer systems from home Windows systems to large servers in businesses.

Crime
  • Work on up to date methods for popular crimes.
  • Shoplifting Information
  • Commercial B&E information.
  • Targeted vandalism information.
  • New methods for defeating EAS.
  • A magic bag type device that actually works
  • A guide on creating homemade versions of popular Sensormatic detachers
  • Vehicle destruction techniques that actually work (None of this 'KMnO4 in the gas tank' type bullshit Totse had for 15 years).

Explosives
  • Guides for making useful OTC explosives.
  • How to make backpack bombs.
  • Detonation methods.

Drugs

Again, this is not an area which I know much about. I need some help and input in order for me to fill this section in. What you can take note of though is that drug discussion is all over the internet too. We need something different - something which would make people come to Totse instead of 420chan or other discussion forums.

Looking to write other guides?

While guides on other things haven't been mentioned much, they're still great. I am not flaming anyone else who chooses to write guides about making sausages or tuning radios - they serve their purpose in their own sections and are fantastic to read. Bad Ideas shit has been focused on because that is what we should build on and expand from.

For a guide checklist, take a look at the thread in my sig.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Awesome post. Well you know I'm still working on some guides ;):thumbsup:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    Good post accept for the bringing in anarchist teenagers. They are a demographic I hope doesn't show up in large numbers.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited February 2011
    I approve of this goal. I'll do all I can to help.
    edited February 2011
    They are a demographic I hope doesn't show up in large numbers.

This. We need brains, not posers.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    How about anarchist young adults :)
    edited February 2011
    How about anarchist young adults :)

I hope not many of them show up as well because anarchists no matter the age are retarded. Then again how many adult anarchists can there be? You rarely see one older than 16.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd consider myself an anarchist considering I don't believe in rulers, and I am often quite retarded, but so is the entire human race.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited February 2011
    You'd be surprised... but the one thing which confirmed anarchism as bullshit to me was the weediness of the majority of anarchists; it's full of reactionaires and shit talkers, and suicidalists; not revolutionaries, like they'd imagine. Even Marxist-Leninists refuted them a LONG time ago, they did pretty thorough debunkings of them too. Anarcho-capitalists are the worst branch, they care about little else but a "free-market", it doesn't matter if anything else turns to degeneration in the process. They have little understanding of the world and how it works. It is the worst example of intellectualism next to social marxism.
  • edited February 2011
    Good post accept for the bringing in anarchist teenagers. They are a demographic I hope doesn't show up in large numbers.

I was talking about how the OLD totse brought in these types of people. We're different :D

Thanks for the replies, we just need to get shit done or else this place WILL fail, no matter how much we hate the idea. I know for a fact that RemadE is getting on with some guides, and I'm pretty sure Sanchez called a few too (Zip gun and something else? Can't remember)

Anyway, keep throwing ideas into the cooking pot and see what we can come up with!
    edited February 2011
    I'd consider myself an anarchist considering I don't believe in rulers, and I am often quite retarded, but so is the entire human race.

:facepalm: Without a government you wouldn't last a week. Not to mention there wouldn't be food due to no imports and I somehow doubt your a good hunter. No running water. No electricity because who would work to keep it going.Anyway you should make a thread on this so I go into more detail about why Anarchy is stupid.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes because anarchy means no one produces their own power or lives in communities or anything like that. You seem to have a very different understanding of the concept, which is common so I don't blame you, but that's one reason why I don't bother getting into these hypothetical discussions. I am going to live an anarchist lifestyle, what you do is up to you. That does not mean you can do whatever the fuck you want, rape murder etc. The community decides, direct democracy, not this representative bullshit. Everyone is a leader.

Edit to add: Anarchy does not mean chaos either.
    edited February 2011
    Yes because anarchy means no one produces their own power or lives in communities or anything like that. You seem to have a very different understanding of the concept, which is common so I don't blame you, but that's one reason why I don't bother getting into these hypothetical discussions. I am going to live an anarchist lifestyle, what you do is up to you. That does not mean you can do whatever the fuck you want, rape murder etc. The community decides, direct democracy, not this representative bullshit. Everyone is a leader.

Edit to add: Anarchy does not mean chaos either.

Direct democracy is mob rule you idiot. It means that the rights of the majority can suppress the rights of everyone else. that isn't freedom. The people are stupid and to give the people direct power is suicide.

Please tell me how you live an "anarchist lifestyle"? I assume that means you spraypaint buildings with anarchy signs right? What would prevent a country like China from taking us over since an organized up to date military would be impossible. What would prevent someone from rising up and taking power with no organized government to suppress it?

How would trade with other countries be organized? Why would anyone work to keep things like electricity around? Anarchy was a system devised by intellectuals who knew nothing about how life works? You say it doesn't mean I could rape and kill. Why? Who would stop me? Would we go back to lynch mobs who often killed the wrong person?
    edited February 2011
    Derp. Anarchy will last about a month, then small, regional Governments/Dictatorships/Militias will pop up. People have a lust for power. You can't deny that.
  • edited February 2011
    We need some more ideas. I can't think how to expand on these ideas which were brought up in my OP :( We need a way of modernizing things. Writing guides on the areas which I mentioned is exactly what we need, but what topics and areas do we need to cover?

In short, what modern content could we write about concerning Hacking, Drugs, Bad ideas etc, which would bring people here and make us stand out?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    You have network security, but only have 'offensive' guides. How about some protection and/or encryption how-tos as well?

Perhaps one improvement totse.info could make on the original is adding pictures to help narrate the guides instead of pure text files.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited February 2011
    An idea for the drug forum would be to make an information database for certain drugs.
    Fill it with information on the uses, sources, doses, what to expect, side effects, whatever else pertains to it. Have it link to other trip reports maybe.
    The Dxm thread that's stickied on totse2 is a good example of what I mean.
  • edited February 2011
    You have network security, but only have 'offensive' guides. How about some protection and/or encryption how-tos as well?

Perhaps one improvement totse.info could make on the original is adding pictures to help narrate the guides instead of pure text files.

Defensive stuff eh? That sounds like a great idea :D As well as writing guides on how to crack WEP keys, you could write something which also helps you protect yourself from the same attack. Good thinking! :D

An idea for the drug forum would be to make an information database for certain drugs.
    Fill it with information on the uses, sources, doses, what to expect, side effects, whatever else pertains to it. Have it link to other trip reports maybe.
    The Dxm thread that's stickied on totse2 is a good example of what I mean.

You mean like Erowid, but with more information on a smaller number of drugs? I like the idea.
  • droppindsdroppinds Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    As for the drugs... All these synthetic drugs, RC's, commercially available stuff are becoming big. There is not a lot of down to earth/educational info on all these new drugs (if they deserve that title) popping up. I'm talking about the spices, and that sort of thing. Some druggie types on here, who aren't fucking retarded (like the person who put up a guide on the old totse saying all drugs don't work, its just placebo effect in every case) should write guides giving educational facts on these new "drugs". The only real writings on them are dispersed online forum posts, what erowid collects, and the DARE drug fearmongering community (while they are full of shit they do cite some facts about drugs).

Just my two cents
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited February 2011
    but unless something drastic happens, it's always going to be a shadow in the wake of the new social networks.

thats kinda why im here.i like that.

keep up the good and thoughtful work.
  • edited February 2011
    droppinds wrote: »
    As for the drugs... All these synthetic drugs, RC's, commercially available stuff are becoming big. There is not a lot of down to earth/educational info on all these new drugs (if they deserve that title) popping up. I'm talking about the spices, and that sort of thing. Some druggie types on here, who aren't fucking retarded (like the person who put up a guide on the old totse saying all drugs don't work, its just placebo effect in every case) should write guides giving educational facts on these new "drugs". The only real writings on them are dispersed online forum posts, what erowid collects, and the DARE drug fearmongering community (while they are full of shit they do cite some facts about drugs).

Just my two cents

I nominate Jamie Madrox for the drug assessment task! :D
    edited April 2011
    Agreed, Research Chems are big business! I'd know :rollseyes:
    Also I wrote some pretty in-depth stuff in Lectures this one time. I'll post it when I find it. Real insightful shit, y'know.
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited May 2011
    There is currently a text file/thread in TGO with a list of useful plants but it is a regurgitation from old Totse. Something I've been thinking of for a while is a functional guide to edible plants. There's so much literature scattered around the internet on the subject but all the lists that I've seen sacrifice usefulness for comprehensiveness. If I'm going wild camping in Scotland, an alphabetical list of biblical proportions containing every edible plant in Europe and North America is of limited use. I want to know what there is available where I'm going. I want to know what the best way to prepare it is if preparation is needed. I want useful tips for identification. I don't need plants sorted by the part of it that's edible (becuase funnily enough I can distinguish between a leaf and a berry myself).

So that's what I'm planning, a catalogue of edible plants listed by region and by habitat. With recipes, photographs, identification tips, season available etc included as supporting information. On that note, this is going to take a while. This summer I'll be out and about over the UK, gatherering photos on my travels. No regurgitated stock images from google, no shitty diagrams from wikipedia. This guide will be unique to Totse, and all contributions from the community are welcome. If you're interested, let me know.

I'm not sure how much of a "pull" a guide about plants will be for traffic, but it will be the most useful plant database on the internet.
  • edited May 2011
    ^ Motherfucker, that sounds incredibly awesome. Best of luck with this, I really do look forward to seeing this guide come to Totse later on in the year :D (You will deliver, won't you? ;))
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    There is currently a text file/thread in TGO with a list of useful plants but it is a regurgitation from old Totse. Something I've been thinking of for a while is a functional guide to edible plants. There's so much literature scattered around the internet on the subject but all the lists that I've seen sacrifice usefulness for comprehensiveness. If I'm going wild camping in Scotland, an alphabetical list of biblical proportions containing every edible plant in Europe and North America is of limited use. I want to know what there is available where I'm going. I want to know what the best way to prepare it is if preparation is needed. I want useful tips for identification. I don't need plants sorted by the part of it that's edible (becuase funnily enough I can distinguish between a leaf and a berry myself).

So that's what I'm planning, a catalogue of edible plants listed by region and by habitat. With recipes, photographs, identification tips, season available etc included as supporting information. On that note, this is going to take a while. This summer I'll be out and about over the UK, gatherering photos on my travels. No regurgitated stock images from google, no shitty diagrams from wikipedia. This guide will be unique to Totse, and all contributions from the community are welcome. If you're interested, let me know.

I'm not sure how much of a "pull" a guide about plants will be for traffic, but it will be the most useful plant database on the internet.

Since it will be in my forum, I will do my best to spread it around, and get it the recognition it needs. Guides for the UK are fucking great since we don't have enough of that stuff.
  • ShadyLadyShadyLady Locked
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    So, what can we do to modernize Totse?

Here is Lordworm again, with some perfect advice :D

Writing guides and generating content

If you're too lazy to read what Lordworm had to say above, I've condensed it into a nice little bullet-point system below. These are the areas which we need to work on most, as they will be the foundations for the Totse revolution.

Crime
    • Work on up to date methods for popular crimes.
    • Shoplifting Information
    • Commercial B&E information.
    • Targeted vandalism information.
    • New methods for defeating EAS.
    • A magic bag type device that actually works
    • A guide on creating homemade versions of popular Sensormatic detachers
    • Vehicle destruction techniques that actually work (None of this 'KMnO4 in the gas tank' type bullshit Totse had for 15 years).

I've been looking through BI. A few things I noticed:
    1. Not very active.
    2. Many threads seem 'juvenile'.
    3. More money making ideas are needed.
    4. The section could use a strong suit to draw members in. By that I mean a lot of info about a particular area of crime.

I'm happy to contribute in BI. I posted up some shoplifting info (it would be great if the thread could be stickied). Pls look through it & let me know if there's other specific shoplifting info you would like on top of that. As for magic bags, they aren't really viable anymore. Some stores can actually detect if you walk in with one. It's easier to remove or deactivate the tags in the store. Regarding new methods for defeating EAS, I posted in the tools of the trade guide, if there's anything I missed or something else you'd like me to cover, pls ask.

I like to read about feasible money making ideas. By that, I mean stuff that really anyone can do whether they are 15 or 55... shoplifting, return fraud, barcoding, etc. I'm sure many others feel the same.

Regarding B&E information, I would LOVE to see that. Particularly info on bypassing alarms.
  • edited May 2011
    Shady, you really seem like a very valuable member at the moment. We need people like you to really bring the Bad Ideas section to life, as you're right when you say it's not very active and contains very basic information. I'd personally love to see some B&E stuff, but do you know much about that yourself? I wonder if we could persuade SLIM to write something... I dunno.

I'll take a look through the shoplifting stuff though, and let you know of anything I think of in the thread.

Do you know of many money making ideas which are modern and work well?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I have been writing some erotica and I will be posting more content thanks to my new chair :). Shadylady just PM Trx100 or me if you need anything. We're here to help.
  • ShadyLadyShadyLady Locked
    edited May 2011
    Shady, you really seem like a very valuable member at the moment. We need people like you to really bring the Bad Ideas section to life, as you're right when you say it's not very active and contains very basic information. I'd personally love to see some B&E stuff, but do you know much about that yourself? I wonder if we could persuade SLIM to write something... I dunno.

I'll take a look through the shoplifting stuff though, and let you know of anything I think of in the thread.

Do you know of many money making ideas which are modern and work well?

Not much modern knowledge about B&E. Everything I know is too outdated.

For low risk money makers, shoplifting & return fraud. For clothing stores, hit Abercrombie & Hollister. At office supply stores, get the leatherbound planners. They have some that are over $50 & they return easily. Sell the store credit to PlasticJungle.com. So low risk & easy. Always say the items you are returning were gifts & you didn't ask for a gift receipt b/c you didn't want to offend the gift giver.
  • PhadrixPhadrix New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    Hi guys, 2 cents from me.

The "core competence" of TOTSE is the fact that we do discuss drugs, explosives, crime, politics, philosophy, cooking recipes and whatnot - a combination of all of these. Sure, there are some 'explosives' forums around on the web ... and also concerning drugs there are resources that contain a lot of knowledge. And of course there are also other philosophy or gossip forums out there aswell.
    But when it comes to a "hub" of all things, nothing is like TOTSE. And this is what will be needed for the future.

I don't know what this world is heading for, but I believe that nowadays people definitely need a combination of the knowledge to be able to get the most out of it.
    Looking from that point of view, we have what is needed IMO...
  • edited June 2011
    I guess you're right there - we DO discuss these things openly and freely which is something that a lot of people don't do, for one reason or another. For example, telling Facebook that you've just jacked a boat full of heroin isn't really a good idea but it's the sort of subject which we may discuss openly here on Totse. That's what makes us different, I suppose.

Sites like this ARE dying out, which although may be a shame, it puts us a step ahead of the game.
  • MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Should I start posting articles about hacking in the hacking section? or do they go somewhere else?

and uh.. for drugs what she we put? A link to wikipedia? because that's the best bet it seems now.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ Post all the hacking material you've got :D Network insecurity dude. If you need to link as a source or something then wikipedia works fine.
  • edited July 2011
    Ok we basically need only a few things to really get this going.

1) We need more people on this site. Get your friends that actually have balls and enjoy fucking shit up to come on here and read and discuss. There is so much to learn here and the more you learn the more you are going to want to learn because you just get more and more curious.

2) We need more education for our fellow totseans. Read the damn text files. The good ones not the obvious bullshit. Go on fucking EROWID, it is the only site I trust about drugs. Go on some DIY sites. Read some how-to books. Educate ourselves. Basically the READ part of read-know-do.

3) Now for the KNOW part. We need more people that actually KNOW shit so they can educate our fellow totseans. Myself, I know about petty crime and drugs.
    As far as the crime goes I've ripped off tons of stores, burned down and destroyed tons of shit needlessly, and caused my fair share of chaos. Think stealing hundreds of dollars worth of shit, fucking up cop cars, burning trash cans at school, et cetera.
    As far as drugs, I've smoked weed probably a thousand times now (a few times a day for a few years will do that), rolled 15 or 20 times, done acid at least 20, shrooms around 5, deliriants many many times (whoops lol), salvia around 5 times, that dxm shit a few times (pretty bad for you so I don't like it much), former opiate AND benzo addict, taken plenty of research chemicals (2c-t-7, 5-meo-dipt, the like)... I know my shit. Real damn good. I started tripping balls at the age of 15 and still have found no reason to stop by now at age 20 :) Hell I wouldn't mind being a moderator of the BLTC forum if that would be possible, I love setting people straight about their drug facts. I do it to my friends all the time lol.
    Can't say I know a lot about explosives or hacking beyond making molotovs and building/fixing computers but I'll leave that to the chemists and programmers.

4) ACTION. Finally we are at the DO part. We need to actually take our knowledge and use it. We should organize totse meetups in different areas, I had a huge-ass list of people who were down to meet up and cause mayhem in various parts of the country, but that was on the old totse and most of those members moved onto that gay Zoklet bullshit. Anyway once we get enough people we should be coordinating mass-scale thefts, attacks, fuck it riots and shit if possible. Let's fucking nut up and do this shit.

I don't know about you guys but I am an anarchist. Not the pussy commie "let's have a global network of cooperating people blah blah blah" faggy bullshit. That sounds like government by any other words to me. I'm a no-bullshit, every-man-for-himself anarchist. "Anarcho-individualism" as they call it. Conservative, not like religious right conservative, more like fuck-everyone-but-me conservative. Not an anarcho-capitalist, that would just degenerate to a corporate state obviously, just someone who wants to have all the decisions for himself to make. My entire ideology is that power structures are EVIL. Corporations bad, government really fuckin bad. Infringing upon other peoples' rights is bad but worse is restricting peoples' rights. I like chaos. I like causing it. I like watching it boil over and fuck everything in the ass. I like pushing people outside of their comfort zone. It forces them to use critical thinking instead of the typical autopilot herd-think that most people subscribe to on a day-to-day basis.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ I like this guy. Where have you been for the past few months?
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011

^this.

:hai:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    ^this.

:hai:

^That, I like the timing as well. He popped in just about the right time.
  • BoomslangBoomslang Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    How about a random party thread in BLTC? I don't smoke anymore but I still drink like a fish. Kinda like the Pyro Related Random Thread but but instead of questions about HE's and procedure, questions about parties and shit that you did over the weekend or whenever.
    I'm going to write a rocket motor thread eventually too.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ I like the idea of the party thread. People should post party reports, saying what they did, which drugs they took, how their trips went, what the experiences were like etc.

Nice idea :)
  • edited July 2011
    Damn, thanks for the props everyone. i forgot they put totse back up. I'm glad though because zoklet and totse2 suck balls. I'm gonna start posting a lot now that i'm on summer break from college and have nothing to do but get fucked up with my friends, watch shit like bumfights and fuck my girlfriend haha.

and the party thread idea is tight as well. i have some funny ass stories i wrote down on my comp because i go to ucsb and that shit is a party school to the max...
  • edited July 2011
    Looking forward to seeing you post more bro, I like your style. Didn't you sign up here back when it first started up? I remember seeing your name around, but you didn't post much :( Whatever, it's good to see you back here and willing to contribute :D
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah I was on the old totse for a couple years as well. Also I went on the totse militia (eventually just the-militia) if you remember that. Glad people here aren't fuckin annoying pricks like the other totse clones.
  • keyzeekeyzee Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    Hello I am "new" here but used to lurk the old site for countless hours. I think I can credit totse for my introduction to the "dark side." As far as a revolution for the drug forum information on synthesizing, safely selling, and the new research chemicals that are becoming quite popular would help increase traffic a lot. As well as information on how to not come off as a rook.

Just my .02:cool:
    Cheers :)
  • tycioltyciol Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    Sounds like an interesting project. Any guides on how to manipulate political systems?
    edited July 2012
    We need moar text files! We kinda got a bit ahead of ourselves then just...pfft, went out.

Any requests? I have time to kill most days.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    We need moar text files! We kinda got a bit ahead of ourselves then just...pfft, went out.

Any requests? I have time to kill most days.

Topics:

What to do in an Emergency Situation, Crisis, Accidents.
    How to reduce stress.
    How to use drugs safely.
    How to overcome your drug addiction.
    Overcome your fears.
    What you should read (a daily or weekly post about which books to read)
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012
    The "how to use drugs safely" is around 3,500 words long and only half done. This is gonna be a corker :hai:
  • edited July 2012
    Jesus, keep up the good work RemadE! Really looking forward to this one actually, you never fail to write good shit so 7,000 words of good shit can't be bad at all :thumbsup: Plus I'm going to link back to your guide like crazy.
    edited July 2012
    Giggedy gee :D
    Seriously though, drug harm reduction and safe practice kinda scares me just with how much I know - and have got to learn in life.