Vodka hits you in the face like a freight train.

edited June 2011 in Life
Does anyone ever experience the "Vodka hitting you in the face like a freight train" when drinking Vodka? It sneaks up on you, especially when mixing it with something as you think you're drinking Mountain Dew without Vodka, or something. You don't quite realize just how much you've drunk for a little while until it all hits you a little later on.

I know it's a common mistake to make, especially when drinking shots.

Anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited May 2011
    Vodka and (insert any soft drink here) is a great way to get wasted. Like you say, you don't really notice it until after a few drinks and by then it's too late :D
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah but 'm like that with any spirits honestly. I have a tendency to make ridiculously strong drinks, that just get stronger each time I make one. Then realise, "shit, where did all my booze go". Then bam. drunk as a skunk.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    ^^^^ fuck that always happens to me.

It starts off with a sissy pour, too

3/4 of my glass vodka with a splash of cranberry.

2 ice cubes
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited May 2011
    Thats what you get for drinking mountain dew. who the hell does that anyways.
  • edited May 2011
    All you really have to do to get inelegantly shitfaced is drink faster than your liver can process it for about an hour, this is easier if you are drinking vodka because it tastes good in mixed drinks. The brief period you spend as a civilized drunk is while your liver is still coping with some of the alcohol, when it can no longer cope, all the booze you are drinking hits your brain, hence the feeling of being hit over the head with a brick, wrapped with a lemon twist.

C/O
    "my liver is a champ!"
  • edited May 2011
    I fucking hate vodka; I like hard liquor but I never much cared for the stuff...

But generally yea, if you're drinking hard liquor fast enough your(at least my) face practically feels on fire it gets so warm.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Does anyone ever experience the "Vodka hitting you in the face like a freight train" when drinking Vodka? It sneaks up on you, especially when mixing it with something as you think you're drinking Mountain Dew without Vodka, or something. You don't quite realize just how much you've drunk for a little while until it all hits you a little later on.

I know it's a common mistake to make, especially when drinking shots.

Anyone experienced this before?
    Yeah it's called drinking normally. Slam 6 shots of whiskey in 10-15 minutes.

It doesn't matter what you're using. If it's 80 proof and up and you drink a bunch of it in 30 minutes you'll get that feeling. It's the only good way to get drunk.
  • edited June 2011
    Do you get used to alcohol after drinking a lot of it in a day? After drinking all that vodka yesterday, I eventually sobered up. Later on, I went out with a bunch of friends and sat there drinking pint after pint and I just wasn't getting drunk at all. It was confusing, but it allowed me to beat people at pool :)
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited June 2011
    Pool skills always improve after a few drinks :D
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    Darts for me....I am a good pool player when sober....

Darts, when buzzed i will dominate

ahh i love alcohol :o
  • edited June 2011
    The only skill which improves with drinking for me is flipping cups.... and sometimes quarters lol
  • edited June 2011
    I just went to the pub, bought a pint of Fosters and won 5 games of pool in a fucking row.

POINT PROVEN!
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    What fang said. I prefer gin or whisky myself, not a big fan of vodka now, gone off the taste.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited June 2011
    That's why I prefer beer, plus it tastes bette.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    Yep! I've noticed it.
    One minute your skulling on a bottle, next thing you know you waking up in the pensioners bed next door who's name is frank.
    What's even worse is drinking vodka @ a lemon party.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited June 2011
    MrBenn wrote: »
    Vodka and (insert any soft drink here) is a great way to get wasted. Like you say, you don't really notice it until after a few drinks and by then it's too late :D
    So is everclear (I think you call it white lightning in the UK, not sure) mixed with stuff. Cheaper than vodka per amount of alcohol and you can mix it with fukkin anything.
    bornkiller wrote: »
    lemon party.
    Lovely.
  • edited June 2011
    White Lightning is a really cheap cider in the UK. They sell it in massive 3 liter bottles, it's made of chemicals and other shit, tastes like sewage, but has a high alcoholic content and gets you fucked at a very cheap price! The hangover is terrible though.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    I thought they'd stopped doing the 3 litre bottles a few years ago (haven't had it for a long time).

Martini gives a horrible hangover too.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh right, I dunno. The last time I drunk it was at a house party a couple of years ago so I have no idea what it looks like now. It really sucks though, I definitely wouldn't drink it again. I just remember it being one of the drinks you could easily tell someone to buy for you when you're underage. It was either White Lightning or a bottle of Strongbow :thumbsup:

I haven't bought either of them since being old enough to buy my own drinks, lol.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I have no idea what it looks like now.

It does not look like anything - it has not been available for two years as the brewery that made it stopped making it.