God mode!

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2011 in Tech & Games
Found this while poking around. It's like a Control Panel 2.0
WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS ON VISTA 64-bit!

I wonder how many of you have used cheat-codes in games?? Quite a few i presume. Well here’s a cheat code for windows that gives you God like powers to control your machine. To enable it, create a folder on your desktop and name it:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

This should give you an icon like this godmode.png

Double click on the God Mode icon to open a control-panelesque folder which contains over 48 different setting groups which let you control EVERY aspect of your windows computer. Have fun being God!

Capture01-560x270.png

Source.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I think I posted about it when it came out, I even have a folder for it. It's a nifty hack.
  • OutbackOutback Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Who doesn't know how to do anything listed there?
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    Outback wrote: »
    Who doesn't know how to do anything listed there?

It's not that those functions are not available otherwise, but it's simply handy to have them all in one place. Kinda stupid to call it a god mode if it doesn't enable any extra functions, but whatever.

You can name the folder anything you want, btw, just change the value before the dot.

Oh, and here's how to make it work on Vista 64 bit.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    It's not that those functions are not available otherwise, but it's simply handy to have them all in one place. Kinda stupid to call it a god mode if it doesn't enable any extra functions, but whatever.

Summed it up there :)
  • edited June 2011
    So what happens if you try this on 64 bit which justifies having that CAPS LOCK WARNING there? :D
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    So what happens if you try this on 64 bit which justifies having that CAPS LOCK WARNING there? :D

Consequences will never be the same.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

According to the stories on the web, on Vista 64 bit explorer.exe sometimes crashes as soon as you create this folder, forcing you to boot the thing into safe mode to remove the folder in order to make your computer useable again.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    The reason this was create by MS was because (allegedly) their engineers couldn't stand to use the normal settings panel.

Apparently they thought windows users would get frightened at the complexity, so they hid it.

In fairness though, they must have had to use it a lot more than most people do.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2011
    I use it from time to time its a handy thing.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    The reason this was create by MS was because (allegedly) their engineers couldn't stand to use the normal settings panel.

Apparently they thought windows users would get frightened at the complexity, so they hid it.

In fairness though, they must have had to use it a lot more than most people do.

TBH it is FAR more useful because each shortcut has a very specific name and does a very specific task. I hate how since Windows XP they've cluster fucked the control panel to where I'm finding things that should be in other sub-control panel menus in other places on the control panel that make no sense. Damn thing has turned into a cluster fuck even worse with each version since XP.

It's a shame it doesn't include some secret squirrel shit though kinda like the old days where a regedit key would unlock overclocking and secret menus on your GPU software. Now the shit is just in the open :\. Takes all the fun out of finding and knowing easter eggs and shit.