Erasing all debt records

ocelotocelot Acolyte
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
In fight club they did this by blowing up certain buildings. But that doesn't seem very realistic. Even if the demolition destroyed the data in the buildings, how do you know which buildings contain it? What would be the best way to erase all records of a person's debts?

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    pay them off.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    pay them off.

This.

Or die.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited June 2011
    impossible, declare bankruptcy maybe? it would be easier i think to conjure a new person.
  • DeadWeightDeadWeight Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Ned Kelly burnt mortgages. Too bad everything is digital nowadays.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited June 2011
    I doubt blowing up the buildings would be good enough. They probably have backup of all of the information.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    I doubt blowing up the buildings would be good enough. They probably have backup of all of the information.

This. That's how the Government got rid of the $1.8 Trillion dollars they "lost" a day before a plane just happened to hit the SAME area of the Pentagon the files were stored detailing it.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Shoot yourself in the head.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    You stop paying your bills.

In a nutshell, if you don't have any money they won't bother suing you. This means you need to transfer all of your vehicles and real estate into the names of companies. Check out New Mexico LLCs.

Next, you need to close your bank accounts and operate on a cash basis.

Next, you need to stop working for other people and work for yourself. This means becoming a consultant or other independent contractor that takes cash only. If they insist on 1099'ing you, don't do work for them. There are a million and one side businesses you can start where you are a one man show. Remember, it's easier to have 10 side businesses that each make $1000/month than one side business that makes $10,000/month. Take your talents and put them to use. Start businesses where you cater to people's current need, which is ESCAPISM. Teach people how to use Facebook or use an iPhone or setup Netflix, etc. You can easily charge $30-$40 an hour for that (if not more).

Next, you need to get the rest of your shit out of your name. This includes utilities, memberships, rental agreements, etc. You'd be amazed at how many people will let you open cable tv in their name for a one time $100 payment. Once everything is out of your name, you no longer exist, and they have no reason to sue you and no wages to garnish.

Last but not least, NEVER EVER receive mail at your home address or give ANYONE your home address. Always use a mailbox opened in somone else's name and have your mail delivered to the name of one of your companies.

I'm an expert on this shit and one of my side businesses is consulting people on how to drop off the grid.
  • WhiteMagicManWhiteMagicMan New Arrival
    edited June 2011
    In the past you might have gotten away with "file splitting" - where you apply for credit under your real name but with transposed figures in your SSN, or apply under a common misspelling of your name, etc. - what it does is causes the credit bureaus to create another file under this alternative name/SSN, but lacking the incriminating details of your actual credit history. I've read this doesn't work as well nowadays as the credit bureaus are quick to connect any "split" files back to your real name/SSN.

Most background or credit checks only look at the credit headers, for those types of checks negative information only shows for 7 years (10 for mortgages). It's never completely "deleted" from your file, it's just the CB's don't bother showing it after that time period (LE or fraud investigators can go back forever if they want).

You can also dispute claims against you - take your debt-holder to court (small claims court) and if they don't show you win by default, then present that proof to the CB and dispute the negative information, they should remove it. Disputing negative information without proof doesn't really work anymore - that was a popular "erase your credit record" technique years back.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    You stop paying your bills.

In a nutshell, if you don't have any money they won't bother suing you. This means you need to transfer all of your vehicles and real estate into the names of companies. Check out New Mexico LLCs.

Next, you need to close your bank accounts and operate on a cash basis.

Next, you need to stop working for other people and work for yourself. This means becoming a consultant or other independent contractor that takes cash only. If they insist on 1099'ing you, don't do work for them. There are a million and one side businesses you can start where you are a one man show. Remember, it's easier to have 10 side businesses that each make $1000/month than one side business that makes $10,000/month. Take your talents and put them to use. Start businesses where you cater to people's current need, which is ESCAPISM. Teach people how to use Facebook or use an iPhone or setup Netflix, etc. You can easily charge $30-$40 an hour for that (if not more).

Next, you need to get the rest of your shit out of your name. This includes utilities, memberships, rental agreements, etc. You'd be amazed at how many people will let you open cable tv in their name for a one time $100 payment. Once everything is out of your name, you no longer exist, and they have no reason to sue you and no wages to garnish.

Last but not least, NEVER EVER receive mail at your home address or give ANYONE your home address. Always use a mailbox opened in somone else's name and have your mail delivered to the name of one of your companies.

I'm an expert on this shit and one of my side businesses is consulting people on how to drop off the grid.

This right here is probably the best answer in the thread. :thumbsup:
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    This right here is probably the best answer in the thread. :thumbsup:

Thanks, man.

Looking back at my original post, I realize that I missed a really important step...

You will have to move. Your name will forever be tied to your current address. You need to move and start fresh, never associating your name with the new address. Where you move, the lease can't be in your name.

If buying, you will need to pay all cash and register it in an LLC name, or buy through a nominee who establishes a mortgage (good luck finding one). If you are renting, you can either offer 6-12 months rent in advance to skip the credit check (only an option with private landlords, not big commercial apartment complexes), or you can have a nominee sign the lease but you live there. Be careful, though, there are some nosy landlords that make sure no additional "guests" are staying.

And of course, never receive mail, packages, or even pizza (they store your info in a computer linked to your phone number) at your new address.
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    post your info on a public forum full of id thieves wait six months, then go get a new ss number from the ss office move out of state misspell name on new id form (its easy) and change b day by a day or a year. yes its long and complicated, but it works. it took more than a year to fuck up your credit, its gonna take a minute to make that go away.
  • edited July 2011
    The idea with Fightclub was that the fight-club became so widespread that many people, in every area and level of society were involved (Remember the police scene?).

If ever there were some sort of a movement to restart society (Financially, anyway) by erasing everyone's debt and wealth as there was in the movie, there would be enough people involved for it to be fairly easy to pull off. Loads of inside-men.

EDIT: Also, erasing debt and wealth is not realistic. It's much easier simply to bomb financial centers or kill representatives (Senators, congressmen) to enact change than it is to get rid of the data. I mean, I imagine that they've got that stuff backed up numerous times, anyway.