frozen yogurt

Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
edited June 2011 in Life
Mmm I just love frozen yogurt. Anyone else a fan? My favorite frozen yogurt place is called pinkberry but when im not near one ill settle for almost any other place. When you walk in it just feels so clean, healthy, and family oriented which im sure brings in more peeps,/college kids. Tonight i had a cup of 3 spoons frozen yogurt which was quite delicioso. My cup included: Tart original flavor with a dollop of coffee flavor for the hell of it, kiwi,blue berries, a few mini white chocolate chips, and walnuts... delicious and you leave feeling good and wanting to come back for more. :)

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    Not really any good froyo places here. Gelato is the more popular frozen dessert.

Also,

YouTube - IMG_0322[1]
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited June 2011
    yea they actually just opened 3 fuckin different types of frozen yogurt shops in my town in the last month. i went for the first time last week and really liked it. good stuff.
  • edited June 2011
    To make frozen yogurt at home all you need is a good food processor or a high power hand mixer. Take the fruit you want to use and dice it into half inch cubes, then freeze it on a cookie pan wrapped in cellophane, make sure the cubes are not touching each other. When they are fully frozen, put them in a ziplock bag until you need them. I like to put a few pieces of banana in every batch as it helps make it thicker, so does mango.

To make the frozen yogurt put;

1/2 cup frozen fruit.
    1/2 cup full fat yogurt (3%).
    2 teaspoons honey
    10 baby marshmallows (optional, but it makes it better, trust me)

into the food processor, or if you are using a hand blender, put the ingredients into a large plastic cup that you will be able to push the hand mixer right down to the bottom of. If you have a cheap food processor this will not work very well.

Use the pulse setting of the food processor, do 20 second pulses at high power, and if the blade is spinning but not hitting anything, stop and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and pop the air bubble at the bottom. If you are using a hand mixer, work it slowly up and down till everything is well blended. Put the mixture in a bowl in the freezer for 1/2 an hour to set a little more. Unfortunately you can't store this in the freezer for later use as it will freeze rock solid.

The result is not quite the same as the commercial product, but is much healthier as you have control over the ingredients.

C/O
    "Frozen yogurt, muffins, cookie boutiques, all so very 1988"
  • edited June 2011
    Mmm I just love frozen yogurt.

I think you love it a little too much babe

put it down and hit the gym every once in a while, or at least the amphetamines
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited June 2011
    I think you love it a little too much babe

put it down and hit the gym every once in a while, or at least the amphetamines

no fat in most frozen yogurt flavors ive come across...Good one:thumbsup:
  • ocelotocelot Acolyte
    edited June 2011

There's this thing called calories... And a thing called metabolism. You see, "low fat" is misleading in that,consuming fat isn't what causes people to become fat. Over consumption of low quality calories/simple carbohydrates/sugars is what causes you to be fat. That's why you're a huge fatass with a deformed head.

Subway is also not any healthier, sorry to break it to you. You're very gullible and stupid. Work on that. You probably get your nutrition information from oprah though :facepalm:
    edited June 2011
    ocelot wrote: »
    There's this thing called calories... And a thing called metabolism. You see, "low fat" is misleading in that,consuming fat isn't what causes people to become fat. Over consumption of low quality calories/simple carbohydrates/sugars is what causes you to be fat. That's why you're a huge fatass with a deformed head.

Subway is also not any healthier, sorry to break it to you. You're very gullible and stupid. Work on that. You probably get your nutrition information from oprah though :facepalm:

your quite funny. im not going to argue with a faggot like you.

Your right about calories but no one said i ate the whole place. a "cup"..

deformed head.. go on..
  • ocelotocelot Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    faggot.
    U MAD?
    edited June 2011
    ocelot wrote: »
    U MAD?

oh so madddd :)
  • edited June 2011

Do you know what a calorie is?
    edited June 2011
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    wtf is frozen yogurt....
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited June 2011
    peeps

GET OUT! :angry:
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    GET OUT! :angry:

Peeps are badass, dude!

• BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    I've never had frozen yogurt but there's one shop that opened around here that serves it. It's full of scene and bmx faggots.