All drugs are fucking "Gateway" drugs — Totseans

All drugs are fucking "Gateway" drugs

zerozerozerozero Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
This term is so stupid. The fuck is a gateway drug anyway? Any drug is a gateway drug if you do it before you start using other drugs. Unisom was my gateway drug. I always adament not to try harder drugs until I start using unisom, then it spiralled into a full-on opiate addiction.

Comments

  • edited July 2010
    No. All drugs are gateway drugs... to better drugs of the same kind. Weed, opiates, psychs, whatever. However, the bullshit fags like DARE pull to demonize relatively harmless drugs like weed and alcohol (and things like LSD and MDMA to an extent) is just plain stupid.

    They always preach their "looking for something stronger" crap. Maybe it's just something "different" instead. Idiots.
  • zerozerozerozero Acolyte
    edited July 2010
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Besides completely ignoring my DARE officer (In 5th grade, we all had to take a mandatory DARE class) thanks to totse, I got her to let me use her drunk goggles for most of the day once. Highly recommended.
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    Y'all junkies in this thread.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Rupture wrote: »
    Y'all junkies in this thread.

    ...Know where I can get some fentanyl?
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think a lot of the "reason" weed is a "gateway drug" is because it's illegal and you have to go to a drug dealer to get it :(
  • edited July 2010
    The only reason that the gateway theory exists in the first place is because of prohibition.

    The people who start with weed and then move onto other drugs either do it out of their own curiosity, or because of the inherent connection and association between illegal drugs. If you know a guy who illegally sells pot, chances are he could introduce you to a dealer of another substance, or even get you another substance should you ask.

    If you go to a dispensary, though, chances are nobody there will know where to get other drugs and you won't meet any dealers willing to hook you up with other shit simply because they're not associated with the illegal market.

    I remember reading a much more properly worded version of what I just typed, but I can't seem to find it.

    EDIT:
    Particularly for cannabis, which is illegal, exposure to the black market (where harder drugs are available) is suggested to be the real cause.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »
    I think a lot of the "reason" weed is a "gateway drug" is because it's illegal and you have to go to a drug dealer to get it :(

    Yeah.

    And Paracetamol, Asprin etc. are gateway drugs?
  • zerozerozerozero Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    ^^ Sure they are.

    Using tylenol displays a willingness to ingest a substance to feel different- the entire idea behind using drugs. My mom doesn't even take tylenol or aspirin or any other painkiller of any type, and lots of other people are similar.

    If one comes to the realization of what they are really doing when they are taking tylenol or aspirin- that being ingesting a chemical to change how you feel, it's reasonable to think they may become open to the idea of using a wider variety of drugs. In this case, a headache could be compared to depression. The depression pills the doctor gives you may not work, so you turn to other drugs thinking they will be like tylenol and just cure your depression like a tylenol cures a headache. This is an even worse scenario then the whole "weed gateway drug" bullshit because now you're getting into a dangerous territory of thinking drugs work in a way contrary to how they actually do.

    The fact ailment specific drugs are so prevalent is disturbing because of the uneducated and ignorant. Drugs aren't here to fix certain issues, that's not actually how drugs function. Tylenol doesn't get rid of your headache because you have a headache, it fixes it because the action of the drug just happens to work in a way that will relieve it. People have an entirely contrary view of how drugs actually work, and this itself can serve as a gateway under the right circumstances.

    Drugs are drugs. Children are taught at an early age that taking cough syrup and tylenol to feel different then you do at that moment is okay. This is completely hypocritical to the notion of "ALL DRUGS ARE BAD ALL THE TIME." Even worse is how the medical industry spoon feeds people drugs on a daily basis while at the same time saying drugs are bad and ruin lives, except the ones WE give you.

    It's fucking retarded and how anyone of any type of intelligence can accept it is beyond me.
  • 47 47 4747 47 47 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Alcohol is the REAL gateway drug.

    My friends and I drank WAYYYY before we even started thinking about smoking.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfrey wrote: »
    ^^ Sure they are.

    Using tylenol displays a willingness to ingest a substance to feel different- the entire idea behind using drugs. My mom doesn't even take tylenol or aspirin or any other painkiller of any type, and lots of other people are similar.

    If one comes to the realization of what they are really doing when they are taking tylenol or aspirin- that being ingesting a chemical to change how you feel, it's reasonable to think they may become open to the idea of using a wider variety of drugs. In this case, a headache could be compared to depression. The depression pills the doctor gives you may not work, so you turn to other drugs thinking they will be like tylenol and just cure your depression like a tylenol cures a headache. This is an even worse scenario then the whole "weed gateway drug" bullshit because now you're getting into a dangerous territory of thinking drugs work in a way contrary to how they actually do.

    The fact ailment specific drugs are so prevalent is disturbing because of the uneducated and ignorant. Drugs aren't here to fix certain issues, that's not actually how drugs function. Tylenol doesn't get rid of your headache because you have a headache, it fixes it because the action of the drug just happens to work in a way that will relieve it. People have an entirely contrary view of how drugs actually work, and this itself can serve as a gateway under the right circumstances.

    Drugs are drugs. Children are taught at an early age that taking cough syrup and tylenol to feel different then you do at that moment is okay. This is completely hypocritical to the notion of "ALL DRUGS ARE BAD ALL THE TIME." Even worse is how the medical industry spoon feeds people drugs on a daily basis while at the same time saying drugs are bad and ruin lives, except the ones WE give you.

    It's fucking retarded and how anyone of any type of intelligence can accept it is beyond me.

    I never quite looked at it like that before. When I think about it I was probably turned onto drugs after taking flu medication at a young age and feeling "tingly" because of the codiene. In a larger sense it seems difficult to properly define "drugs" at all. If you feel bored and turn on the TV for a few hours how is that much different from getting a headache and popping an asprin, or insomnia with a benzo. At least recreational drug users are honest about their motivations.
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Light ----> weed
    > meth
    > neurological problems
    > opiates/benzos
    fully synthetic opiates
    > fully synthetic opiates

    ...
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    ...Know where I can get some fentanyl?

    Know where I can get some Nutmeg? :o
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Know where I can get some Nutmeg? :o

    It's one of the hardest drugs to find bro. No dealers seem to carry it.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    My gateway drug was prescription speed. Although my parents forced me to take it they still had the balls to rag on me about doin' drugs after shoving those down my throat when I was 13-15. :mad:.
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    My gateway drug was prescription speed. Although my parents forced me to take it they still had the balls to rag on me about doin' drugs after shoving those down my throat when I was 13-15. :mad:.

    Desoxyn for your kids FTW. Let's create a perfect world!
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    No drugs :mad:
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    No drugs :mad:

    How about just opiates?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    No drugs :mad:
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    No drugs :mad:

    :mad:
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's just a personal choice tho, plus I see pumping kids full of drugs against their will as evil.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    IWD wrote: »
    Light ----> weed
    > meth
    > neurological problems
    > opiates/benzos
    fully synthetic opiates
    > fully synthetic opiates

    ...
    lol thats kinda similar to mine

    weed
    >adderall/ritalin
    >meth
    >huge wierd personality shift--->b tar heroin---->some more meth and sinus damage(FUCK hotrails and snorting in general)-->benzos/synthetic opiates and those are my vice now.


    but yeah its all about what drugs you want to do. i always loved how amphetamines made me want to do stuff and have fun with boring tasks, pretty soon i was snorting 120mgs of adderall and not getting a buzz, just insomnia. Meth will always get you fucking high but its not worth it...but i want to feel that high again so bad.

    but ur guna run into people with harder drugs if you smoke weed, theres no question about that. If you have a desire to do drugs for whatever reason then they will find you.

    ^and i got a friend with a super-fucked up narcissist personality and thats because he was on a shitload of perscription speed from age 7-14. it fucked him up pretty bad but hes stilll cool to hang out with. and he always acted like a total drug addict with drugs. like we would buy xanax bars and he would snort all 3 bars in 1 night, or he would binge on meth until hes out of money and stuff to cluck
  • grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Coffe is a gateway drug, shall we ban coffee guys and protect the kids from this evil ??? ;)
  • trippytrippy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    IWD wrote: »
    It's one of the hardest drugs to find bro. No dealers seem to carry it.

    you know I really never have met a dealer in my life who sells nutmeg...there might be some validity to your theory
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    For me it was:

    Farts
    >Jenkem
    >IV hydrogen sulfide/E. coli speedballs

    Shit ruined my life yo.....
  • trickstertrickster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    trippy wrote: »
    you know I really never have met a dealer in my life who sells nutmeg...there might be some validity to your theory

    Publix, yo! Those bitches be hidin in plain sight!

    Seriously though... nutmeg is fucking intense when you ingest a near lethal dose of the extracted hallucinogen.
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    trickster wrote: »
    Publix, yo! Those bitches be hidin in plain sight!

    Seriously though... nutmeg is fucking intense when you ingest a near lethal dose of the extracted hallucinogen.

    It also kills intestinal parasites quite effectively....
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    A gateway drug...what a load of bollocks.

    Anything that is tangible has the ability to be a gateway to something positive or negative that can effect your life.

    For me, my gateway 'drug' was knowledge. I remember my brothers had a real copy of the anarchist cookbook at one point and that really opened up my mind about crime and drugs. It was that One experience that led me to actually trying alcohol which Then led me to trying marijuana.

    A drug is not a gateway drug for me. Knowledge is.
  • trickstertrickster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    BungHole wrote: »
    It also kills intestinal parasites quite effectively....

    This I did not know, but it would make sense.

    I think that people are the gateways to other drugs. My main dood ONLY smokes (doesn't even drink worth mentioning), but some of my other friends have a pharmacy on hand any time I see them. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I feel like disinformation is the real gateway drug. From the time you are a small child you are told lies and propanganda about drugs and then when you finally try them you wonder what else they have been lying about.
Sign In or Register to comment.