I need more to do on the internet.

Someone needs to let me in on some secrets, or at least give me an idea of some interesting places to go. I was thinking of joining some hacking forums but they're probably skiddie infested, and then there's the problem of getting banned for disagreeing with a mod or something. So fuck that idea.

Basically, the only websites I use are Totse and Motherless, and while I fucking love Totse all day long, I just fancy something else to play with. Yknow?

So, let me in on your interests. Tell me where you hang out online, etc etc. I'm really out of the loop to be honest. I'd quite like a forum to hang out on, but not one which deletes my account for NO FUCKING REASON :)

Go.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    Stumbleupon

/thread
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    "The place where I hang out" online is this forum. I don't post nearly as much on all other forums I visit combined as I do on Totse.info (and we all know I'm not the big poster here).

If you're looking for something on a specific subject I might find something interesting tucked away in my bookmarks, but I have no idea what "the online place to be" is. I kinda lost touch with "that" part of the internet when Totse.com went down.
  • lampylampy Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    reddit is cool. 4chan sometimes. ffffound is a great image site. I do graphic design so I follow a lot of design blogs.

hope that helps
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a few to give you, but as far as forums go there're only 5 or so I consider any good and intellectually stimulating.

I've set up a forum on zetaboards, I'm just messing around with it a little bit first, then I'll pass the link out to anyone and everyone who isn't an impeded, ignorant, ignoramus (trx will be given the link). I'm pretty much sick of shitty so-called "free speech" websites that encourage participation from boring people who are rigid dogmatists, rather than banter and actual debate.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited June 2011
    Negrophobe wrote: »
    I've set up a forum on zetaboards, I'm just messing around with it a little bit first, then I'll pass the link out to anyone and everyone who isn't an impeded, ignorant, ignoramus (trx will be given the link). I'm pretty much sick of shitty so-called "free speech" websites that encourage participation from boring people who are rigid dogmatists, rather than banter and actual debate.

:thumbsup:
  • edited June 2011
    Kinda seems like "that" part of the internet died when Totse.com went away, I agree :( I spent some time on tM though which was cool, but that's gone too. I'm not really sure what I'm actually looking for, to be totally honest. Something new, I guess. Something which I haven't already came across on my travels.

I guess I'm looking for something which will make me go "holy crap" like I did when I discovered all the awesome shit which was being discussed on Totse.com or even Rotteneggs.

Man :(
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    Sites that cater to "actual debate" are often extremely rigid in their moderation policies, and end up banning all the worthwhile posters after a while.

"Free speech" is a double-edged sword, but is necessary for intelligent discussion IMO.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    Bullshit. The original totse took a while of searching to find anything which could be classed as "intelligent." Most of it was crap. Which is what you can expect when the majority of the members were of the early adolescent stages and have little experience in anything.

Yes, they set a solid standard to follow, that doesn't mean not allowing debate from all sides to take place. Petty name calling and one line posts with nothing to properly counter a position aren't worthwhile posts. "Free speech" websites don't set solid standards, they encourage posters such as yourself, greyfox, and ate from zoklet. A good community needs to be politically incorrect, that doesn't necessarily mean allowing people to shit all over the board with their baseless and mundane opinions in the name of "free speech." With sites that have a standard you don't have people like DaGuru whining constantly, because what you see is what you get, there's no need to lie to them, and if they don't like it they can fuck off.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    If you're into politics ie. alternative media and don't mind a little bit of conspiracy, not from some wing nuts but from actual smart people than I'd suggest cruising around:

WhatReallyHappened
    &
    Rense

I don't know much for non-srs shit anymore :\
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    Sorcha Faal and Rense are nutjobs.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    skunk wrote: »
    Sorcha Faal and Rense are nutjobs.

I don't know who Sorcha Faal is, Rense is a little nutty but he's smart as a mother fucker. He's very aware with whats going on in the world but what really sets him up for looking like a nut job is his UFO beliefs, chem trails, and reptillian beliefs.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited June 2011
    Sorcha Fail (Faal) runs what does it mean, Rense is way too focused on jews for me to take him seriously.

Edit to add: Lol I see you posted what really happened, not what does it mean my bad.
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited June 2011
    As far as forums go...not much out there besides totse copies. It seems like most of the underground remains in IRC..
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited June 2011
    I've started going on 4chan quite a bit. Nothing much to do on the internet these days, shit sux mang.

Or you could start playing an online game?

Yup, 4chan and counterstrike are the only things I do all day. And facebook
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited June 2011
    tennesseefreespeech.com
  • edited June 2011
    I've started going on 4chan quite a bit. Nothing much to do on the internet these days, shit sux mang.

Or you could start playing an online game?

Yup, 4chan and counterstrike are the only things I do all day. And facebook

Screw 4chan and Facebook, they're both terrible. Gaming is fun, but I can't be bothered to boot into Windows for once and actually use it. Might start playing on Urban Dead again, it was a good quality zombie game. Or Torn City :D
  • edited June 2011
    OP needs to go to www.ar15.com
    they make the tryhards here look tuff

Here is your complementary .jpg image of Heavy-6:
    ynFP6.jpg
    Remember, the best way to get a battle worn appearance on a new ar-15 is to throw it down your gravel driveway! Pretty soon you'll be operating with the best of them!

Have fun, and on behalf of the totse.info community we hope to see you back soon and often!
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Screw 4chan and Facebook, they're both terrible. Gaming is fun, but I can't be bothered to boot into Windows for once and actually use it. Might start playing on Urban Dead again, it was a good quality zombie game. Or Torn City :D
    Yeah yeah I know facebook and 4chan both suck. But that's how bad the internet actually is these days. I remember the the-militia.com days, back when that and original totse were open, the golden days.
  • YouForgotPolandYouForgotPoland Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Wtf? The internet is not 'shitty' these days and Facebook/Counterstrike/4Chan are most certainly not the only things worth doing. Try setting up Tor and surfing Deep Web, or look up all the crazy shit the government is up to through the FOIA, or www.publicintelligence.net, www.cryptome.org, www.crowdleaks.org, or multitudes of other open-source intelligence blogs, forums, and data leak sites. This is 2011, the internet has grown exponentially and there is more out there than your mind could even comprehend.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ Data leak websites sound alright but it's still not tickling my fancy. I'm not even sure what I actually want any more. Maybe it's because I'm older now and the internet isn't so mysterious anymore... :(
    edited June 2011
    Wtf? The internet is not 'shitty' these days and Facebook/Counterstrike/4Chan are most certainly not the only things worth doing. Try setting up Tor and surfing Deep Web, or look up all the crazy shit the government is up to through the FOIA, or www.publicintelligence.net, www.cryptome.org, www.crowdleaks.org, or multitudes of other open-source intelligence blogs, forums, and data leak sites. This is 2011, the internet has grown exponentially and there is more out there than your mind could even comprehend.

I've been there done that with tor/deepweb, doesn't really interest me these days as much as it once used to. And since I'm not from the USA, all that government shit doesn't interest me either. Marijuana related shit is all I'm interested in, US government-wise.
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Data leak websites sound alright but it's still not tickling my fancy. I'm not even sure what I actually want any more. Maybe it's because I'm older now and the internet isn't so mysterious anymore... :(
    Gonna have to agree. Internet's not as cool as it was when I was 14 and found totse and other h4x sites. Guess I've just grown up/started smoking bud.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Talking of TOR...

http://xqz3u5drneuzhaeo.onion/users/heidenwut2/books/SpyAndCounterSpy/index.html
    and
    http://xqz3u5drneuzhaeo.onion/users/heidenwut2/books/HowToExitTheMatrix/index.html

trx is aware, but you may not be. Good reads.= Dated, but relevant, especially about Social Networking.