'Like' feature

NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
edited June 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Whoever goes on GrassCity knows what the 'like' feature is. Kind of similar to facebook's but for vB. This allowed users to like posts or threads.

Probably a shitty suggestion, but I don't give a fuck (rolling on floor laughing)

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    This is like the "Thank" feature. We've had this discussion, the overwhelming consensus is: NO.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited June 2011
    fair enough
  • edited June 2011
    We just figured that if you want to say thanks to someone, why not say it in a post in the thread and keep the discussion flowing? Plus, it's like Facebook and Facebook is gay ;)
    edited June 2011
    Yeah but that's why I asked for a 'like' feature instead of a 'thanks' feature. Manners are for chumps, but whereas making it visible that you like something, is not.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited June 2011
    Everytime you like a post it will show up on your facebook wall?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Sorry can't be implemented.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ Oh god that would be terrible.
  • edited June 2011
    Its a terrible idea and has been shot down in the past.
  • edited June 2011
    It is so good to hear it
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    I like you dogg. I like you too dogg.

Shits gross,
    edited June 2011
    It wouldn't show up on your facebook wall. That's stupid. All it will say is in in your profile page.
  • edited June 2011
    If it 'can't be implemented' then it's a moot point but I quite liked the thank feature as long as it was switched off in HB. Sometimes a poster said something in a thread and rather than cluttering the thread up with a post saying just "This.", as a way of showing approval, the Thanks feature came in handy. I like the idea of its display being limited to a user's profile too.

Sure, people got thanked for some really stupid shit on Zoklet, but that says more about the community than it does the system.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    If it 'can't be implemented' then it's a moot point but I quite liked the thank feature as long as it was switched off in HB. Sometimes a poster said something in a thread and rather than cluttering the thread up with a post saying just "This.", as a way of showing approval, the Thanks feature came in handy. I like the idea of its display being limited to a user's profile too.

Sure, people got thanked for some really stupid shit on Zoklet, but that says more about the community than it does the system.

Maybe we could find a nice compromise.

EDIT: Power going out again.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    They added that feature on Macrumor's forums. It's shitty.