Let The Villain Win for Once

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
We read it in books and see some of it in series and some times in movies. But majority of the scripts we see show the hero pwning the Villain. There might be some variations but in the end the message is the same. Light pwns the dark.

I have enjoyed Jeff Lindsay Dexter series only because the hero is sort of a villain. He is the bad guy who likes rubbing his balls on other little guys. But again he filtered the content by adding the God guy elements.

It seems the bad guys can't really do anything right but in reality they pretty much excel at everything. Like Muhammad and Hitler, they can take control things and fuck people up and go unnoticed until their time comes.

Hollywood doesn't like protraying Evil and the Dark in such a fashion. I find this disgusting. Since the Darkness is the spicy bit, it's the part that people connect with the most. You may deny it but not everyone is good and since the young generation is more fucked up, it would be wise to exploit it.

In short, it would be nice to see the Villain taking control and just be undefeated.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Plus 1 my nigga. I enjoyed Scarface especially because no 'good guy' won... it was one bad guy triumphing over another.

However, Dexter doesn't count; he's breaking the law to kill criminals - he has too much popular appeal to be a 'bad guy'.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Plus 1 my nigga. I enjoyed Scarface especially because no 'good guy' won... it was one bad guy triumphing over another.

However, Dexter doesn't count; he's breaking the law to kill criminals - he has too much popular appeal to be a 'bad guy'.

Well, the book Dexter counts to a certain degree. But yeah I get your point.
  • edited June 2011
    I haven't read the book.

You know what's a good movie? The Talented Mr Ripley, and to a lesser extent the other Tom Ripley films. Bad guy wins every time. :p
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    The villain definitely won in The Collector. I never saw it coming lol.