Smoking

MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
So I quit smoking. 2 smokes in three days. Go me.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the stimulation back that I get, or the enhanced ability to perceive and learn that nicotine gives me.

Any alternatives? Currently I'm looking through a list of solanaceae plants.

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Smoke Meth, think very fast annd well. or take trucker pills.
  • MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Smoke Meth, think very fast annd well. or take trucker pills.

Great plan. It's too bad I don't want a repeat of my last amp addiction.. not to mention amphetamines make smoking synonymous with breathing. Have you ever done one?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Miluardo wrote: »
    Great plan. It's too bad I don't want a repeat of my last amp addiction.. not to mention amphetamines make smoking synonymous with breathing. Have you ever done one?

I havnt Fucked with Trailer Park shit. I used to like my friend Ritalin and Amphetamine Salts as well As Adderal :D so yes. and im sorry you were a meth Freak.
    edited June 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    I havnt Fucked with Trailer Park shit. I used to like my friend Ritalin and Amphetamine Salts as well As Adderal :D so yes. and im sorry you were a meth Freak.

I wasn't. I was more or less into the same thing you were. I conned a psych MD into giving me a script for adderall. Which led to a downfall when coupled with 15 coffees.. aha

I just wanted help. There's someone doing this whole totse revolution thing.. and that's what used to make totse decent.. good information.
    edited June 2011
    Wait it out, after a while, you'll function better than before. <--- Personal experience.

Thanks man.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait it out, after a while, you'll function better than before. <--- Personal experience.

This. If your only three days in then its a bit early to make a call. Give your body time to adjust. Usually takes a week or two I'd say.
  • gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    start biking.

i quit and started biking, at first it was death but i got into it and now i dont ever think about smoking a cig and im into exercising now
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't replace one stupid addiction with another. If it's an oral thing, chew on some toothpics, chew gum, or suck some tiny white dick (sorry, mine isn't available).

If you need a high, go on some night ops. Just stop smoking because I'm sick of the fucking smell...
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited June 2011
    wear the patch it's awesome especially when you're sleeping.
  • edited June 2011
    Good on ya for quitting, of all the drugs I have used, nicotine is the only one I regret, and Ketamine, can't say enough bad things about ketamine.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited June 2011
    and Ketamine, can't say enough bad things about ketamine.

Care to elaborate?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    So glad I never developed a nicotine addiction. That said I have only ever smoked between 30 and 40 cigarettes in my life, as opposed to countless spliffs, so I would long for the stone, not nicotine buzz.
    When I quit recreational Opiate use, OP, I would enjoy working out and just doing things I used to enjoy while my brain compensated for the chemical absence. That was a million times better than anything before.
    edited June 2011
    Good on ya for quitting, of all the drugs I have used, nicotine is the only one I regret, and Ketamine, can't say enough bad things about ketamine.

what is so bad about K? everyone tells me they had a bad trip.

I've done it a couple of times and everytime i was having the time of my life.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    gingerkid wrote: »

Care to elaborate? I've done it once in a small dose and it wasn't that great. I prefer less tripped out drugs. Shrooms > K.
    edited June 2011
    For me it wasnt K but DXM. It literally ruins your perception and thinking style. I've never recovered from the damage smoking did to my heart or my lungs, nor the mental anguish I get from daily binges on DXM. My vision is like white noise on a TV.. I haven't used DXM or any dissociative in 3 years.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks guys, physical activity is what I've been doing. It works great.
  • OutbackOutback Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    Electronic ciggies
  • xbcnfujvxbcnfujv Regular
    edited July 2011
    your brain's been poisoned by the tobacco-companies tainted-nicotine's destructive destructiveness.

you've been reduced to a form of retardation.

:p
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited July 2011
    Chew gum. Occupy yourself.
    edited July 2011
    gingerkid wrote: »

i was always in a dream like state, i had no idea what was going on but it was fun.
  • edited July 2011
    I love smoking as much as anything else in life, but it's worth worth stopping if like me, you currently experience a classic case, as with all addictive substances, a case of diminished returns; it no longer brings me to that high that I began it for, and now smoke at least in part to prevent withdrawal; Cocaine, Nicotine and Caffeine all affect the same area in the brain, and so I'd recommend coffee to help you out; amphetamines are central nervous system stimulants if I recall my education correctly, and so would be less preferable. Good luck...
    edited July 2011
    So you know, caffeine/cocaine/and nicotine all act in DIFFERENT parts of the brain, and bind to notably different receptors. There is some crossover, but mostly insignificant. I don't recommend snorting coke, or drinking coffee to come off of nicotine.

I got a 10% off coupon from a friend of mine that runs an e-cigarette online store so I may get one. Thanks for the tips guys.

@ThusbakedZarathustra

Amps are irrefutably CNS stimulants. You're edumacation iz correct.
  • edited July 2011
    How many days has it been without a cigarette now?
  • Lol... sorry have to bring this back.. I still smoke.. 4 years later.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    .lol. Smoking is bad okay?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    .lol. Smoking is bad okay?
    So are the emissions from an exhaust pipe but I know what I'd prefer to suck on..... & and "NO Dfg", the answer doesn't rhyme with sock

• Miluardo wrote: »
    Lol... sorry have to bring this back.. I still smoke.. 4 years later.

At least your honest about it.

Still smoke free :).