What's wrong with my landline?

VermicideVermicide Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
It's been really crackly for a few days and when I rang a friend today he said it was showing a strange number instead of my home number. My first thought was I'm being tapped but probably not...

Comments

• TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like your lines got crossed with someone elses. call the phone company.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like your lines got crossed with someone elses. call the phone company.

Pretty much this.

Who has a land line these days anyway?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe all your friends n family gotta smoke a bowl of crack to be able to bear talking to ya. That would do it.
    edited July 2010
    Maybe all your friends n family gotta smoke a bowl of crack to be able to bear talking to ya. That would do it.

A bowl of crack, eh?
    edited July 2010
    Can I suck you to be a mod

No :o

But yes, a bowl of crack would definitely produce this so-called, crackling sound.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Pay your bill ????
    edited July 2010
    No :o

But yes, a bowl of crack would definitely produce this so-called, crackling sound.

First of all, I didn't say anywhere in my post that I wanted to be mod, or suck dick. Secondly, a "bowl" of crack wouldn't make a crackling sound, and thirdly, you have no position of power to tell me weather or not I will be a mod, so suck it.
    edited July 2010
    I suck it.

That probably won't help you become a mod but I accept you for what you are.

And you can't tell me crack doesn't crackle, I've seen people smoking it. It's like a bowl of rice crispies up in that bitch.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Only thing you can really do is call the phone company. Are you still using a physical phone line or is it VOIP? I personally think VOIP should be fucking free anywhere in the world since it no longer relies on phone lines for communication, but that's another story.

I highly suggest getting rid of the landline if you have a cellphone. It's a waste to have two and I've been working on getting my family to cancel their $40 a month landline for years now which is going to end up being thousands wasted :-\. If you don't have a cell phone disregard. Just don't think owning two phones these days is worth it especially when cell phones charge you $60-$80 for their cheapest plans these days. Fucking ripping people off, I hope the FCC looks into this like they are supposed to and hit AT&T especially with a billion dollar fine.
  • edited July 2010
    Hell, either use a cell phone or just hook up with all your friends on Skype. Free calls FTW.