Drive Angry [2011]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
11471462065948004748.jpg
drive_angry_poster1.jpg

YouTube - Drive Angry - Official Trailer [HD]
John Milton (Nicolas Cage) is a criminal who has broken out of Hell to kill Jonah King (Billy Burke), a cult leader that tricked Milton's daughter into joining his followers in the wake of Milton's death, only to kill her and her husband and steal their daughter - Milton's granddaughter - to be sacrificed in a Satanist ritual.After interrogating some of King's followers, Milton discovers that the ritual will take place in Stillwater, a prison in Louisiana. He heads there, but stops by a diner, where he meets Piper (Amber Heard), a waitress that is withholding sex from her boyfriend, Frank (Todd Farmer), so he will marry her. Milton's car is damaged, so he sabotages Piper's car and follows her to fix it in exchange for a ride to her home, which is on the way to Smithfalls.There, Piper sees Frank having sex with another woman (Christa Campbell) and they get into a fight, with Frank beating her up. Milton beats him up, knocks him out and steals the keys of his car, taking Piper along with him on a ride to Smithfalls. Meanwhile, a supernatural operative of Satan, The Accountant (William Fichtner), arrives on Earth with the mission to bring Milton back to Hell. After interrogating Frank, he discovers that Milton and Piper are heading to Louisiana and tricks the police into helping him by impersonating an FBI agent.

Torrents:
2D+3D (2011) PAL
DVDRip
720p BRRip
3D 1080p
1080p BRRip

IMDB

Predictable and okay at best. I am currently watching this movie while writing this review. I am around 1 hours 8 mins and there some minutes ahead of me. It's a mix of Crank and 80/70s throwback movies. It contains tits and gore and action but the action isn't really executed well and man those special effects were shit in most places.

They could have done a far better job, IF THEY ONLY did their jobs right. But overall it wasn't that bad, I mean you don't have to take this movie seriously.

I will give overall report once the movie is done.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    I am going to try and mimic the One Minute Review:

Over the top, visual effect disaster, weak story these are some of the things that you will notice about this movie. I don't know if they intentionally went with this theme or they were just trolling with the producers. But I think they were just trying to get the 80s feel by using cheap effects because I know you can do much better than that. The movie was so so in the end, you won't lose points for ignoring this one. It's just.... cranky.
  • edited July 2011
    Do you ever post any good movies?
    That's not even an attempt at trolling or an insult, it really seems like only post the worst excuses for a film you can find.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    I try to avoid Nicolas Cage movies. That trailer didn't do much to make me consider changing my mind. It must have been the first day on the job for the makeup artist because that fake black eye looks horrible.

Thanks for helping me decide to never watch this one.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Do you ever post any good movies?
    That's not even an attempt at trolling or an insult, it really seems like only post the worst excuses for a film you can find.

Actually it was in a movie pack.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    I try to avoid Nicolas Cage movies. That trailer didn't do much to make me consider changing my mind. It must have been the first day on the job for the makeup artist because that fake black eye looks horrible.

Thanks for helping me decide to never watch this one.

You're welcome, I am a magnet for shitty movies.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Yep, she is hot.
    I actually went through the whole movie for tits scenes of Amber and I didn't find any, WTF!!!

Worst movie ever.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    . . .Worst movie ever.

This.
  • edited July 2011
    I liked it, but I have horrible taste in movies.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, Nicolas Cage just keeps making the same movie over and over and over...

But he makes a bunch of money doing it.
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited July 2011
    I thought it was "okay"...but it could have been sooo much better.