What brings you here every day?

What's your reason for coming back here to post, day in day out? I can't even work out a real reason, I just love this place and I enjoy working on something. Totse's kind of like a project for me, just helping out in any way possible. I guess that's what brings me back here.

What about you?

Comments

• LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    I like to express my ideas, and practice my rebutting skills...

and i do like tf2...
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited July 2011
    I come here to stalk buddha...the lulz...to read some guides...procrastination from my school work...Idk on a good day I like this place a lot and what i find even more amusing is how dedicated buddha is to it and I think that makes me appreciate it even more.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm burnt out and this is easy.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm here because I'm a fan of freedom.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm here because I have fuck else to do.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2011
    Its one of my many bad habits.
  • edited July 2011
    Haha. I often forget that we're a "freedom of speech" forum, just because I'm so used to posting here and speaking my mind. Plus I don't post anywhere else. I love the freedom side of things though, there's stuff on here that would be removed within seconds elsewhere. I love my Totse.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    I come here to watch this place as it grows and to be a part of that.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't post often but I lurk here most days. Less than I used to honestly. I just love the atmosphere and freedom of it all. It's just nice to have a place to turn to where you can spurt whatever shit you want and read some depraved shit when you have nowhere else to turn at the time
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    I'm bored shitless and sometimes you people say interesting things.

It's also the only forum were people recognise my handle.
  • edited July 2011
    Mostly the freedom to talk about whatever I want, in whatever way I want. To get feedback and opinions on stuff that's going on in my life from people with a different perspective and no reason to bullshit me runs a close second. And lastly to practice my writing skills, whether it is making a guide clear and practical, or making a thread people will respond to.

Totse lets me express views I would normally keep to myself, if that seems like hypocrisy, it's because it is. I like being able to be honest about what I do, and what I feel, without having to worry that the person reading it will be able to affect me IRL. Most people that know me well get the same person I am here, but I can't hang out with most of them as much as I would like, so totse gets a side of me that very few get IRL.

One last thing, yeah I am one of the older members here, and sometimes that makes me feel a little out of place, but I keep coming back because I honestly have trouble relating to people my own age. I am not stuck in some perpetual childhood like a few I know, but I haven't exactly grown up yet either, although I do seem to be wandering in that direction.

C/O
    "where else can I be an overlord?"
  • edited July 2011
    ^ Never grow up, what's the point? No one wants to be some Scrooge-like old man who does nothing but bitch at people. Be young :D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    i usually like the atmosphere, although it changes. less bitching, more fun i say.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Freedom. I'm 100% sure this is how people should communicate with each other in real life, yet this can only happen here.
    edited July 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Freedom. I'm 100% sure this is how people should communicate with each other in real life, yet this can only happen here.

Can you imagine Fatty or Spectral's hospital bills if they spoke to people in real life like they do on here?
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    i figure they'd be payin more for old folks social security than they are now TDR
  • edited July 2011
    Can you imagine Fatty or Spectral's hospital bills if they spoke to people in real life like they do on here?

LOL, that made me chuckle :thumbsup:

I often speak to people in the same fashion as I do on here and occasionally get called out on it :mad: For example, back when I had facebook, someone posted a status about the sort of people who own BMW's and I replied saying that a BMW is a typical Paki car. Despite the fact that it's true (80% of people who drive BMW's around here are Paki's) they still called me out on it, saying "oh that was a bold statement" and whatever... Since when is the word Paki offensive anyway? It's a shortened word for Pakistani, lol.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Mostly for the chance to say what I feel, to post opinions that I would usually keep to myself, and enjoy the topics that other people post and reply to them :) Totse is more 'me' than the portrait that I paint from day to day to benefit other people.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited July 2011
    Totse is a place where you can talk about anything under the sun, take any viewpoint, portray any attitude, and not get censored for it. There's really no other place, online or offline, where this is the case. That's why I was drawn to the original Totse, and why I signed up here.
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    the lulz.
  • edited July 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    Totse is a place where you can talk about anything under the sun, take any viewpoint, portray any attitude, and not get censored for it. There's really no other place, online or offline, where this is the case. That's why I was drawn to the original Totse, and why I signed up here.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there!
  • STRAIGHTUPGANGSSTRAIGHTUPGANGS New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    I come to this site because I remember now how much I love forums. This place has a good atmosphere. I used to lurk a lot on totse back in the day too. Also I don't have jack shit to do.
  • edited July 2011
    I come to this site because I remember now how much I love forums. This place has a good atmosphere. I used to lurk a lot on totse back in the day too. Also I don't have jack shit to do.

Hahaha, you sound exactly like me. I love this place because it's a forum and it has a great atmosphere, and I also visit because I have nothing else to do during the day. Good shit.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011
    i usually come here because i have nothing else to do. hoping to find some new threads that are appealing and that i can post something in it like this thread.
  • edited July 2011
    Another reason I come here is so I can write things and get ideas for things which I'd like to learn. I really enjoy writing articles for the site and every time I do so, I always end up learning a load more about the subject in hand :D
    edited July 2011
    Another reason I keep coming here is this. I have watched this place from launch. I have seen certain things tried. Some of them have worked and others have not. It is interesting to watch the process of trial and error and to be part of that process as it goes through it's growing pains.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
    NaziMick wrote: »
    This Site is Dead,I just want to be Banned Now!

I really hope someone bans your faggot ass soon. Watching you fail with every post is getting old. This is totse. No one here is going to be shocked/offended/care about the lame images you post everyday, so why do you waste your time? I'm pretty sure myself and a lot of other members have seen far worse than the pussy shit you post.

With that said, like many others I come here for the lulz as well and have yet to laugh or find the first thing that NaziMick has posted amusing.
    edited July 2011
    NaziMick wrote: »
    This Site is Dead,I just want to be Banned Now!

If that is your true desire you simply need ignore the warning you received for your behavior in N&P this morning and I will grant your wish.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    Is that gore shit really necessary, can we at least get a spoiler or something?

I come here because there's some funny and interesting topics to read, and I have nothing better to do with my time.
    edited July 2011
    The problem has been resolved for at least 10 days.