Couple Sells All Three Kids to Play Online Games

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Good to see they have their priorities in order.

A young Chinese couple has sold all three of their children in exchange for money to play online games at Internet cafes, reports a southern Chinese newspaper.

According to Sanxiang City News, the couple met in an Internet cafe back in 2007 and bonded over their obsession with online video games. A year later, the parents -- who are both under 21 -- welcomed their first child, a son. Days after his birth, they left him home alone while they went to play online games at an Internet cafe 30 km away.

In 2009, Li Lin and Li Juan welcomed their second child, a baby girl, and came up with the idea to sell her for money to fund their online game obsession. They did so, receiving RMB 3,000 (less than $500), which they spent entirely shortly after. The couple then proceeded to sell their first child and got 10 times as much for him -- RMB 30,000, or about $4600.

Upon having their third child -- another boy -- the parents followed in their previous footsteps and also got RMB 30,000 for him.

They were finally turned into authorities when Li Lin’s mother found out what her son and his girlfriend had done.

When asked if they missed their children, the parents answered, "We don’t want to raise them, we just want to sell them for some money.”

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/world-news/chinese-couple-sells-all-three-kids-to-play-online-games.html

TAIer.jpg

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Genius, or Genius?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Knowing the Chinese they probably sold them to online gold farming companies who raise the kids and then chains them to PIII systems when they turn 6 to farm gold in game.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    If anything they are going to be raised and killed to harvest their organs..
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    China = 3rd world = savages.

Don't let any of that late '80's/'90's 'Developing Nation' PC bullshit fool you.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow those are some seriously dedicated gamers right there. If you think you are the biggest gamer ever just think W.W.L.J.D.
    No this is not what would little Jesus do. It is what would Li Juan do. He globviously knows best.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    Gold farm :hai:
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    "We don’t want to raise them, we just want to sell them for some money.”

At least they were honest, there's plenty of ameriKans who feel the same way.
    edited July 2011
    That is the stupidest thing you have ever said skunk.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've said plenty of dumber things and you know this. And I don't agree with their statement, I'm just saying there's plenty of people in this country (or around the world) who would trade their kids for some type of goods.
    edited July 2011
    OK, you got me there, you have said dumber things. ;)
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah there is cases of this happening all the time in america. But more often they just kill them. Like tenage mothers trying to hide it. Recently a girl drowned her girl in a swamp at a few weeks old and didnt get into any trouble. because of the water and the drowning there was no proof.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2011
    skunk wrote: »
    I've said plenty of dumber things and you know this. And I don't agree with their statement, I'm just saying there's plenty of people in this country (or around the world) who would trade their kids for some type of goods.

If I had kids before I was ready I would definitely sell them. I wouldn't necessarily take the deal lightly though, I mean shit they're still my kids. I'm talking good family, good money.

Sell them when they're babies. It's pretty much adoption with profit.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Haha yeah but when you have a kid its different. Mine is 4 months old and though I rarely get to see him I would never even consider doing something like that.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011
    WOW those chinks are fucking crazy! i heard their internet connection is super fast and really cheap. they should do something about that so motherfuckers wont get into gaming so much .
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    WOW those chinks are fucking crazy! i heard their internet connection is super fast and really cheap. they should do something about that so motherfuckers wont get into gaming so much .
    It should be super fast. They don't use google anymore. :D
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to fucking play whatever they're playing, because if they can give up their kids for it, it's probably that fucking good.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    I think I read about those games, it's a subscription based service much like Wow, but people use Internet Cafe' because it's cheaper and faster that way. You enter money to get upgrades and what not, it's more like something that people would play to escape reality, considering they were hooked from 2007, I am not even surprised to see them sell their kids, although making sex tapes would a be lot wiser but they're just addicts. People have died playing those games, it's like Totse in some way, imagine this place with 100X more users and more content and more stuff to read and more people to talk to, troll etc. It's becomes hard to let you and if you add the money issue then it becomes a drug.

Chinese are fucked up, but I still don't blame them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I thought there was a 1 child limit in China? But mad props for doing it.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I thought there was a 1 child limit in China? But mad props for doing it.

1 child per family. If you have more, you either give it away or pay a massive fine.