Chasing the Dragon

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
I just decided to smoke some Opium I made with some mates as we found a patch of Poppies. It took a week to let the sap dry and re-score them, but as a one-off, this stuff is the shit! Had no idea how to do it, or even if it would work, but after a few seconds, the itches and nodding came.
Looks like I know what I'm doing this evening. Bath, Lou Reed on the stereo and this.
Anyone else had experience with chasing the metaphorical dragon? I'm not intending to make a habit of this (had enough opiate issues over the years), but it's one more thing I can cross off the "to do" list.

Comments

• MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    u smoked opium offa foil?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Not my proudest moment, but yes, yes I did.
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Chasing the dragon, looks terrible, but god damn is it a fun process. Maybe it's just me, but there's something about it that's just vastly entertaining.
    edited July 2011
    dang i wana do that

does it taste goood?
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited July 2011
    Damn, you're a lucky bastard. I envy your high so much, while I'm sitting here getting drunk (such a lame high).
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh man I LOVE opium! I never get any these days.
    MegaKush wrote: »
    does it taste goood?

It tastes like flowers smell.
    edited July 2011
    too bad its so fucking dry and polluted here or else i could probly find some popps

if opium was sold at corner stores alongside cigs violent crime would go down
    edited July 2011
    It is quite an acrid smell and taste. I didn't bother refining the stuff as there wasn't an amazing amount (about a pinkie-fingernails worth) and the smallest chipped piece from it is enough for a nice buzz. Got some booze from the Parents and need some good dystopian movies to watch tonight (if anyone has any reccommendations).
    I'll make a guide on how to get Opium soon, actually. So much easier than I thought. I just hope I don't overdo it as I can tell with Codeine etc as there is a measurement, but this is just "chip a crumb off and inhale quickly".
    edited July 2011
    It is quite an acrid smell and taste. I didn't bother refining the stuff as there wasn't an amazing amount (about a pinkie-fingernails worth) and the smallest chipped piece from it is enough for a nice buzz. Got some booze from the Parents and need some good dystopian movies to watch tonight (if anyone has any reccommendations).
    I'll make a guide on how to get Opium soon, actually. So much easier than I thought. I just hope I don't overdo it as I can tell with Codeine etc as there is a measurement, but this is just "chip a crumb off and inhale quickly".
    edited July 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

sounds like a good time

I smoked tar once but it was all bitter and i had to smoke a good 5 rips to get a high

one hit quit sounds chill as fuk
  • edited July 2011
    Making opium is on my drug 'to-do' list, I could walk out the door and have heroin in my hands in under 20 minutes, but that's too easy. I really like opiates, but, like meth, I keep them at a distance, and use very seldom. I think doing it off foil is likely the best way to go, maybe a shard of light bulb would be better, but whatever. I have jumped some fences and cut poppy heads for tea from poppies that were 'close' to P.Somniferum in appearance, but got nothing but a stomach ache for my troubles.

C/O
    "you lucky bastard"