Tramadol withdrawals

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
Evening odds and sods,
As some of you know, due to an ongoing Medical complaint I have now been on Tramadol for the best part of 4 years (Co-Codamol for 6) and I have come to the realisation that it barely kills the pain. Instead it just makes me into an emotionally unstable dickhead who buzzes for 8+ hours, can't climax and then collapses in an angsty pile on the floor.
Anywhos, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience weening off Tramadol. I'm not mentally addicted but certainly am physically, as when I don't take it for near on 24 hours I get insane withdrawals - manifesting in sweats, clammy hands, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps and an insane headache that makes me want a .50 cal aspirin.
If anyone has any support or experiences, please can you share them. I can get myself down to about 1 tab (50mg) per day which is not too bad. I was then thinking of pulling the tablet/cap apart and breaking it down to 25mg. My only concern is I know I have got Seratonin damage and I don't want the Tramadol withdrawal/end to make it worse as it caused it in the first place.

Cheers.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Tell your doctor. I'm sure he could help.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't bork your seratonin, go to the doctor...
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I've spoken to them about it, but maybe I'll keep pestering them. They kinda just went "Oh really? Ok? And how is it?" I tell them, and nothing more is done.

Will say today when I go.
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited July 2011
    Good luck. But why not go for a stronger opiate? Tramadol is nice when you have zero tolerance to opes. For me at least tramadol doesn't get me high at all after a day or two of using it.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah you should ween yourself off, dont just drop the pills completely.

fuck what the doctor says, start shaving bits off your pills with a knife. cut a little more of the pill off each day until your taking quarter pills, then u can stop.

It takes will power tho but if ur not getting high off them anyways , im sure itll be easy.