Paco's Urban Exploration: Episode 1

PacoPaco me administrator
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
I hardly consider this any kind of "Episode" due to that fact that I really only took pictures but I like the sound of the title.

**WARNING: Thread is Picture Intensive**

I spoiler tagged them all to make your life better.

So for a little back story, this exploration happened by accident, we had no idea it was there and we had no plans to explore anything that day. Yesterday, mafiabro and I were walking down train tracks sipping Monster for a few hours, don't ask why, we were bored as fuck. After walking straight for around 3 hours I noticed a path to the left of the tracks, I pointed it out to him and we decided to go check it out.

After walking down the sketchiest fucking path known to man, covered in fallen trees and probably some AIDS, we found our way here.
DSC00070.JPG

We made our way past the fence and discovered that we were in an old and abandoned Train Refueling Station.
DSC00061.JPG
DSC00062.JPG
DSC00077.JPG
There was a tunnel leading down in the ground with a rusty ass ladder in it. We dropped a rock down to hear how deep it was, but never really heard it hit the bottom.
DSC00060.JPG

I don't really know much about Train Refueling Stations, but if I had to guess, I'd say this is where they had the fuel.
DSC00093.JPG

And this looks like it's where they parked the trains to refuel them.
DSC00086.JPG

After checking out the giant empty fuel tank,
DSC00065.JPG

We noticed that up the hill there was a huge cement wall or something like that.
DSC00103.JPG

Once up there, we found some really nice pieces.
DSC00105.JPG
DSC00108.JPG
DSC00118.JPG

And of course, before leaving, I left my own shitty mark. I really need to write more, my shit really does look like shit compared to everything else there.
DSC00145.JPG

And these are only some of the pictures I took. I took about 80something pictures, If you want to see them all, I put them all in this ZIP file.

Enjoy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30996330/Paco%27s%20Exploration.zip

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Awesome find, when I was younger I used to love coming across shit like this. You guys should get some good flashlights and go back to explore that ladder leading down.
  • edited July 2011
    Awesome urban exploration, very cool location and I really liked the tags which is something I don't usually say when looking at UrbEx. A lot of the time, it really ruins the scenery but it looks alright here :)
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Awesome urban exploration, very cool location and I really liked the tags which is something I don't usually say when looking at UrbEx. A lot of the time, it really ruins the scenery but it looks alright here :)

Yeah, the tags kind of seal the deal on it's state of abandonment.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

Yea it was a really cool find. And believe it or not, that piece with the skull to the right of it is from 1999. He dated it, a lot of those tags and pieces are really old. The place is just untouched. Down the tracks under a bridge there were some tags from 1994 and a few pieces from "NUES" who also had a few pieces in the place we explored.
    edited July 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Yea it was a really cool find. And believe it or not, that piece with the skull to the right of it is from 1999. He dated it, a lot of those tags and pieces are really old. The place is just untouched. Down the tracks under a bridge there were some tags from 1994 and a few pieces from "NUES" who also had a few pieces in the place we explored.

NUES?
    edited July 2011
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2011
    DSC00108.JPG

I wonder who that is:o
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    There is a place like that except a lot smaller and is like a railroad bridge or some shit that has a lot of stuff like that right outside of stillwater MN that me and some friends used to go to.
  • edited July 2011
    That's fucking awsome, but -1 for not going down that hole.

Also, why does urbex need to be in Bad Ideas? :/
    edited July 2011
    That's fucking awsome, but -1 for not going down that hole.

Also, why does urbex need to be in Bad Ideas? :/

Maybe I'll go back with a light. It was pitch black down there.

And it doesn't really have to be but seeing as how most of the times people are trespassing, it only makes sense.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Love it. Amazing throw-ups and hopefully you have the urge to find more abandoned places ;)
    edited July 2011
    Oh yea, I have a strong urge to find more places. Mafiabro and I were looking on google maps to find some shit.
    edited July 2011
    He needs to post here more. He is one of the users from Zoklet that was half way decent.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2011
    I try to post here a lot, but it never works out.
  • gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    that's awesome. there is a train tunnel by my house covered in tags, most are pretty sick. except it isn't abandoned, i almost got hit by a train once hahaha scared the shit out of me.
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    we have entire neighborhoods like that in detroit.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    I demand to know what's underground.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Envy, hell yeah. I don't think I can find places like that here. Closet I came was a bricked house but, it was surrounded by other houses, so technically it didn't amount to anything but still props for posting images.
  • edited July 2011
    Urbex is awesome, wish I could convince more of my friends to join in.

Cool pictures too.
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited July 2011
    Maybe I'll go back with a light. It was pitch black down there.

I demand that this happens. (please?)
    edited July 2011
    We might be going back there tomorrow with lights and shit. Besides checking out that dark pipe, any other things you guys would like to see?