Looking for additional exercises

edited July 2010 in Life
That I can do to train, without lifting MUCH weights. Right now I mostly hit my heavy bag, run, and do light weights (curls, bench/inclined, flys), and ab workouts.

Mostly I just hit my heavy bag for an hour or so every day though.

Comments

• TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    That I can do to train, without lifting MUCH weights. Right now I mostly hit my heavy bag, run, and do light weights (curls, bench/inclined, flys), and ab workouts.

Mostly I just hit my heavy bag for an hour or so every day though.

Isometric Pushups, Indian Pushups, one handed pushups

V-Sits, Leg raises, hanging leg raises, knee ups

Squats, Indian Squats, one legged squats

Planks, lunges, calf raises, and pull ups

^All very good and don't need any equipment. Youtube has plenty of demonstrations. I stress the awesomeness of pull ups.
  • edited July 2010
    Isometric Pushups, Indian Pushups, one handed pushups

V-Sits, Leg raises, hanging leg raises, knee ups

Squats, Indian Squats, one legged squats

Planks, lunges, calf raises, and pull ups

^All very good and don't need any equipment. Youtube has plenty of demonstrations. I stress the awesomeness of pull ups.

yeah pull ups are pretty good i have a pull up bar and that p90x thing but, after hitting my bag wich i always like to do first for the cardio, I really can't do alot more hard arm workouts like pull ups because my triceps are soo tired:p

That's an awesome list though, should help me out a lot since I fucking hate lifting weights. I don't really need to get any bigger for my frame (160lb 5' 9") so I just like to do alot of extended body-weight workouts for endurance/toning.
  • ProtopangraphyProtopangraphy New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    You should go to the gym and work out there, where they have more equipment. Going to the gym will also increase your performance, as you will have external incentives to progress, as opposed to the internal incentives that are associated with home exercise.

When there is no competition, evolutionary progress slows to a snails pace. You need to go lift in front of attractive women and near fit males. Lifting alone is a waste of time and it will lead to stagnation. You need proof that there are people out there who can at least inspire you to work harder. You cannot do it on your own (remember, this is a law of nature, so don't say otherwise).
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2010
    You can always add resistance when you run like carrying weight on your ankles.

I also recommend doing flutter kicks (variation of plank position)

but if you really want some pain, try looking up Russian twist (need 1 spotter) you need a Olympic bar on your back, that's the variation.

You can always tobahda set or/and super set. For example, lifting 30% of your max lifting power (1rm) is a good range of tobahda. Basically do as much as you can in 30 seconds, rest for 15 seconds, then do another 30 and so on. You can do this for 6-8 times.

Or, you can super set meaning you do tobahda, and then after your 30 seconds, start doing some jump ropes, double or single. Then rest and do it again. you can tobahda/and superset many things be creative.
  • zingalongzingalong Regular
    edited July 2010
    You should go to the gym and work out there, where they have more equipment. Going to the gym will also increase your performance, as you will have external incentives to progress, as opposed to the internal incentives that are associated with home exercise.

When there is no competition, evolutionary progress slows to a snails pace. You need to go lift in front of attractive women and near fit males. Lifting alone is a waste of time and it will lead to stagnation. You need proof that there are people out there who can at least inspire you to work harder. You cannot do it on your own (remember, this is a law of nature, so don't say otherwise).

Good point but I'm looking forward to when my gym membership runs out so I don't have to drive to that shithole and put up with all the knuckle-draggers and old women watching TV on the treadmill. It might just be the fact I belong to a crappy gym but I prefer to work out on my own. Each to his own I guess.
  • JFLC BGJFLC BG Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Power snatch.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lethargica wrote: »
    You can always add resistance when you run like carrying weight on your ankles.

Great way to be a cripple by the time you're thirty. If you like your joints, never use ankle / wrist weights. Ever.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    What are you trying to achieve? Muscle growth, fat loss, bit of both, some of neither, down the road to the right?
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    weathers wrote: »
    What are you trying to achieve? Muscle growth, fat loss, bit of both, some of neither, down the road to the right?

Good point. Calisthenics are beautiful and essential but will not bring you the mass and power that weights could.

On that note, I think an ounce of intense calisthenics is worth a pound of weight training in regards to health, fitness, and utility.