The mushroom appreciation thread

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2011 in Man Cave
Anyone else here share my love for these wonderful fungi? Ever since I learnt how to do a PF-Tek grow and cultivated my first batch I have had a deep respect for them. So much so I have the damn molecule tattooed onto me.

So any stories of great trips? Or reccommendations of music or ideas? Share, friends.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Start here

If you go hunting, get this. Learn your taxonomy and it will benefit you. And be sure if you are in doubt about the identity of any fungus, ASK a Trusted Identifier on Shroomery.org.

Also, her's a vid of some P. cyanescens found today in the PNW. Jealous, eh? Me too. I'm just about to the point where I'd suck some cock to get a P. cubensis print.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited October 2010
    Trying vapeing dried P.cubes.

You can't put direct heat to it though as it degrades the chemical too much. But the effects are instant, but shorter. But you will never laugh harder the rest of your life on that short trip.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Trying vapeing dried P.cubes.

You can't put direct heat to it though as it degrades the chemical too much. But the effects are instant, but shorter. But you will never laugh harder the rest of your life on that short trip.

I'll have to try this sometime. I actually prefer shrooms over acid in some ways. They were my first psychedelic ever and they completely blew my mind. I've never had a bad trip but for me it seems like a bad trip would be more likely to happen on shrooms for some reason.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2010
    Let's say I were to go out and fertilize a part of my lawn one morning...would there be a chance of having Panaeolus cinctulus growing in that area the next day?
  • edited October 2010
    Let's say I were to go out and fertilize a part of my lawn one morning...would there be a chance of having Panaeolus cinctulus growing in that area the next day?

I personally doubt it, but you never know. Horse dung is your best bet, but other herbivorous dungs can work. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. Also, do keep in mind grass P. cinctulus (is it is not Panaeolina foenisecii) usually have low psilocybin content, are sometimes solitary to sporadic, and are smaller than dung grown pans. If you don't live in Idaho, Georgia, or California, grow them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I love the smell of spores in the morning!

TQK1kRTMvUAy5RWQUWAjBjYWlSA04305V2qz.jpg

Off to London now. What a day awaits.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    I like shrooms, but I don't trust them that much.
  • edited July 2011
    Mushrooms are great. Maybe a little more disorienting than acid, but still everytime is a trip to remember. It's been too long since I've had some good ones.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    I don't know much more than 1up_wallpaper_by_arcwing.jpg but maybe one day I'll have the chance to try them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Everyone needs to try psychedelics at least once in their life. They just clear my head and allow me to revert back to being in a child-like wonder state while maintaining a somewhat sober sense of reality. One day I'll go the full 5g dry trip, but that will be a very special time and place.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited August 2011
    I used to grow shrooms, good times, good times.