Remote Web Desktop for Android

edited August 2011 in Tech & Games
GU.jpg
Click For Image

Remote Web Desktop is an awesome application for Android mobiles, to put it simply. It's very easy to use, and has many interesting features on such as;
  • Messaging
  • File Explorer
  • Shared Clipboard
  • Wallpaper
  • WiFi Keyboard
  • Screen Capture
  • FTP Explorer
  • WebCam
  • Remote Control
  • Contacts

With the click of a button, you can transform your mobile phone into a server. It shows you your IP address on the network at the bottom of the screen, which you can then enter into the URL bar in your computer's browser. It brings up a screen which looks like a computer desktop interface. Each thing which I listed above has it's own icon on the desktop, which can be clicked on and opened for easy use :) My favorite feature is the one which allows you to send text messages remotely, using your computer to type them out. This can often be a lot faster than writing them out on your phone, and can save your ass when you're writing out those really long messages. Another awesome feature is the webcam, which sends a live stream from your phone's camera back to your computer! It's awesome, and thanks to it's wireless capabilites, you can take it all over the house/area of WiFi and it works perfectly.

Check it out!

Comments

• BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited August 2011
    So it's like a web interface to android? That's pretty neat!
  • edited August 2011
    Yup, pretty much! You turn your phone into a server, which you connect to with your desktop and then you can use the web interface to control your android :D It's awesome.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    nice ill try it on my superpad i use a remote tool that allows me to use the tablet as key board and mouse which has a filebrowser that shows ur computer contents u click on a file it opens on your desktop ive been try to use idisplay to use the tablet as a secound monitor but it crashes. android also has teamviewer
    edited August 2011
    hmmm does it take along time in the browser been waiting over 15 minutes
  • edited August 2011
    It doesn't take long to connect - usually a few seconds. Double check your IP address and port number - are you connecting to the correct one? Also, are you using secure HTTP? In which case, you'll need to use HTTPS in your URL (that's caught me out a few times when I forget to type it in :D). Basically just double check everything.
    edited August 2011
    i have it may be my tablet its a chinnese clone good priced 10 inch screen ect

i never got it to connect didnt try secure i even tryied bridging it could also be the copy i came acrossed