What consitutes PI on this site?

DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
edited August 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I have noticed many posts have been edited namely the comment about the show Taggart getting a remake being grossly interpreted as something they are not by anal retentive members. What is considered PI on this site? I went to look for it on the FAQ and I cant seem to find it.

Comments

• MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    Darkhunter wrote: »
    I have noticed many posts have been edited namely the comment about the show Taggart getting a remake being grossly interpreted as something they are not by anal retentive members. What is considered PI on this site? I went to look for it on the FAQ and I cant seem to find it.

Type in "Taggart remake" in google.
    Look at 4th result.
    ????????
    Profit.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    And your post is gonna get edited as well even though it isn't a PI leak but rather asking would a certain show get a remake. :facepalm:
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2011
    Pretty much common sense. Anything that identifies a user and his or her location IRL against their consent. However, I for one give a shit personally about repeating whatever some dumbass WILLINGLY releases on the Internet, especially here or that pertains to Totse. Admins may feel differently on that matter as well as others, but one of the many reasons Zoklet was a fail regarding PI was they censored people who just reposted info some dumbass released about themselves multiple times in multiple threads and then cries that they wish they can take it back.

Fuck that. There are no take-backsies on the Internet fuckers.
    edited August 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Pretty much common sense. Anything that identifies a user and his or her location IRL against their consent. However, I for one give a shit personally about repeating whatever some dumbass WILLINGLY releases on the Internet, especially here or that pertains to Totse. Admins may feel differently on that matter as well as others, but one of the many reasons Zoklet was a fail regarding PI was they censored people who just reposted info some dumbass released about themselves multiple times in multiple threads and then cries that they wish they can take it back.

Fuck that. There are no take-backsies on the Internet fuckers.

Well could we get an official page about it? I made this thread to see if there was an official ruling in the FAQ which I regard as the rules of this site along with others I bet.

And yeah Zoklet was a failure. That LSD fiasco was all the fault of one man that beat his Mom over stolen coffee. He deserves exactly what happened and instead of making a new user name and starting over he wants it to start over and his ass slave Zos is banning users for making any reference to LSD's mistake. Take for instance I got infractions for saying I would grow out my beard to helacious proportions and get on national news for free drugs for life. Zos infracted me and got Fish to deny my overturning of this infraction even though I answered the question. Reason no overturning? It was interpreted as a joke on LSD. I guess making fun of an ex Mod isn't allowed but pasting TJ's photo all over the site is allowed however.

Again I just want to ask for an official ruling such as what can be considered a joke and the limits of a joke before it is "too far" and PI. We need a line in the sand written down instead of unwritten rules.
    edited August 2011
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/13821-Infraction-List

How about reading the rules page? Durr, neva though of that did ya eh?

Well I read the rules when I joined and then also the FAQ as I said. Glad to see these rules exist OUTSIDE of where they SHOULD be placed derp herp. Also those guidelines are a farce:

Posting PI
    Used when someone posts a real name, address, phone number, CCV, Social Security or private details on the forum.
    A) The user must be a member of this forum. No exception.
    B) The user must report the PI or contact the mod team otherwise no action will be taken. Also, the PI will get removed if the user is here and didn't make the complaint and the poster might get a warning.
    C) Even if the information is posted around the Internet, if the user didn't post it on totse.info, it's PI. If a user himself posts it on Totse.info it will not be considered PI.

So someone that dislikes me could say I made a post on a blog when in reality it is them making a blog using my handle here and I would get banned? These guidelines can be used to ban anyone a Mod or Admin doesn't like without even needing proof.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2011
    So someone that dislikes me could say I made a post on a blog when in reality it is them making a blog using my handle here and I would get banned? These guidelines can be used to ban anyone a Mod or Admin doesn't like without even needing proof.
    They'd be pretty dumb to post their own PI for the sake of vindictive disruption.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Well I read the rules when I joined and then also the FAQ as I said. Glad to see these rules exist OUTSIDE of where they SHOULD be placed derp herp. Also those guidelines are a farce:

Posting PI
    Used when someone posts a real name, address, phone number, CCV, Social Security or private details on the forum.
    A) The user must be a member of this forum. No exception.
    B) The user must report the PI or contact the mod team otherwise no action will be taken. Also, the PI will get removed if the user is here and didn't make the complaint and the poster might get a warning.
    C) Even if the information is posted around the Internet, if the user didn't post it on totse.info, it's PI. If a user himself posts it on Totse.info it will not be considered PI.

No you moron, lern2read.

It says even if it is posted elsewhere unless the user themselves posted here on totse it is PI.

Meaning that if some other moron posted it somehwere else it would not matter of they were pretending to be you becasue they did not pretend to be you.

And BTW that warning I received was at my request to get your attention since you reacted so well the reason in a PM.
    edited August 2011
    And BTW that warning I received was at my request to get your attention since you reacted so well the reason in a PM.

Seriously? You PMed me with blatant PI of a certain user and tried to discuss your dislike of the certain user. Why would I listen to you at all in PM?
    bornkiller wrote: »
    They'd be pretty dumb to post their own PI for the sake of vindictive disruption.

This is totse and zoklet we are talking about here.
    edited August 2011
    Seriously? You PMed me with blatant PI of a certain user and tried to discuss your dislike of the certain user. Why would I listen to you at all in PM?

This is totse and zoklet we are talking about here.

Yeah, too bad for you I BCC'd a global mod all of those PM's so at least one other person knows you are full of shit as to the actual content.
    edited August 2011
    The wording on that section of the PI rule is fucked up, pakienglish for ya eh.

Glad to see someone agrees with me.
    Yeah, too bad for you I BCC'd a global mod all of those PM's so at least one other person knows you are full of shit as to the actual content.

Really? Is that why you sent me certain PMs with a post stating a parody of a certain favorite drummer of mine? I'd love to post them for all the public to see but alas PI is a bitch and I cant post them without a certain user reporting them.
    edited August 2011
    Cool story bro
    edited August 2011
    Cool story bro

:facepalm: