What does everyone actually DO when they're logged in but not posting?

edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I look at the members online right now and see about 20 of them. I get excited as there might be some new threads to read or posts to reply to, so I click the "new posts" button in hope... There's nothing there :(

What do you actually do when you're logged in but not replying to threads? I'm not bitching, I'm generally interested.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2011
    Usually waiting for a couple of pages to load because of my shitty assed net speeds. :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Mostly doing other stuff, I post when I find something interesting or when I am checking my RSS.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    Browsing around looking at the parts I want to get for the car I also want to get. :(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I literally turn TOR on, login, check new threads and my Modded sections, then maybe post, turn TOR off and go back to whatever it is I was doing prior. I have ToTSE breaks.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I literally turn TOR on, login, check new threads and my Modded sections, then maybe post, turn TOR off and go back to whatever it is I was doing prior. I have ToTSE breaks.

Is TOR really necessary for browsing Totse?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Reading

What the fuck else is there? It's a forum. You're either reading or writing.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Usually just check on the Whats New and the CP pages, then reply to anything that interests me. Most people probably leave Totse on their web browser I guess.
  • edited August 2011
    Is TOR really necessary for browsing Totse?

Depends if you're really paranoid or not ;) Some people use TOR all the time - it's just down to a matter of personal preference I guess.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    i look at other sites, and wait for something to interest me.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited August 2011
    enjoying my day :) sometimes i forget to turn off my browser :X
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited August 2011
    I search, read and wait for something worth replying to which is hardly ever it seems. Im looking for something to do for the next two weeks while i take a break from school before my next term starts. I might actually post something worth replying to, maybe. don't hold your breath.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2011
    I stay logged in constantly unless username is on. Whether I am actually posting o not. I keep an eye on the goings on pretty regularly. Unfortunately lurking most of the time. I have ideas that I don't have the time to put into action.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited August 2011
    I usually have other tabs open. I'm always reading something and just bounce around through tabs.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited August 2011
    I usually pull up all my subscribed threads and go through the new post section.
    If I have something decent to contribute, I do.
    Usually, I don't feel such is the case, so I just read.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    I search, read and wait for something worth replying to

This.
    I usually have other tabs open. I'm always reading something and just bounce around through tabs.

And this.

I also tend to wander away from my comp while logged in, check the laundry, get another cup of coffee, do some dishes then check in again.