Unwyred for mod (of the sections he wants to mod)

Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Make him one! You all know that he was one of the most easygoing and well-liked mods on zoklet. Now we got the chance to get him in there. Just vote.

Comments

• rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    People shouldn't mod here just cos they do on Zoklet.

I think we should make a clean break, and the only people who should be modded are the ones who deserve it.

Just cos he's easy going and well liked doesn't mean he deserves it.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    He has a successful track record and I don't recall a single thread in PEOO about him ever really gaining momentum. GS was pretty much modded as well as it could be the whole time that Unwyred was mod there.

I disagree with you; the people who should be modded are the ones who have the most support from the community.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2010
    Although I love Unwyred, this is not Zoklet.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2010
    Unwyred is a good guy and a good mod so why not?
  • edited July 2010
    He was always a good mod and a respectable guy, but I voted no.

People who mod on Zoklet shouldn't mod here, and people who mod here shouldn't mod there... period. My reasoning is simple, I don't want yes men from over there running things over here. They had their chance and they proved themselves to be enablers. Unwyred has never done me wrong, but at the same time, he's never done me right. If he was to good to stick up for us then he's to good to lead us. I really hope he continues posting though...
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    If he wants to be a mod then he should earn that title through what he delivers the community. He shouldn't get the mod just because he was a mod at zoklet(regardless whether he was a good mod or not).
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    pick the right guy. he could very well be, but i think it would be best to see how posters turn out. totse has a different environment, and i think different posters will respond differently.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010

People who mod on Zoklet shouldn't mod here, and people who mod here shouldn't mod there... period. My reasoning is simple, I don't want yes men from over there running things over here. They had their chance and they proved themselves to be enablers. Unwyred has never done me wrong, but at the same time, he's never done me right. If he was to good to stick up for us then he's to good to lead us. I really hope he continues posting though...

Very well said..
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think the forums are running just fine the way they are. I'm in no big rush to jump toward more people in charge unneccessarily.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I think the forums are running just fine the way they are. I'm in no big rush to jump toward more people in charge unneccessarily.

This.

We need to direct our attention towards fixing this site up.

No new mods are needed until we get a nice flux of users coming.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010

This. That's what fucked zoklet in the end is that anyone who modded totse modded zoklet and it didn't work, so any random fuck god modded.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Unwyred is a closet homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Also, "neah" is actually spelled "nay," and that's what I voted.
    edited July 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    Unwyred is a closet homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Also, "neah" is actually spelled "nay," and that's what I voted.

Great post. Would you like to be mod?
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Great post. Would you like to be mod?

I don't really care either way, to be honest. If I get chosen, I'd accept and of course I'll do my best to mod well, but I'm in not campaigning for modship. I don't think I'll get chosen for any position anyway, because I primarily post in BLTC, which already has a mod, and the traffic doesn't exactly warrant an additional mod for that section.

I would have never modded at zoklet. I can't even feign respect for zok.
  • UnwyredUnwyred Regular
    edited July 2010
    I am not a closet homosexual...:(

I would like to be a mod here in SG and/or S&A. Why? Not because I'm a mod on zoklet, but because I enjoy the topics and discussions that come from each forum. I spend so much time at work on both of these websites and I enjoy all the posts you guys make.

To be honest I've actually been debating on resigning my modship on zoklet all together because though I wanted to help make the community better there in the beginning, for so long now the entire air of the place has left a bad taste in my mouth and the tension between the userbase and the administration has really been disheartening.

I've always tried to take a laissez-faire approach to the whole situation with the exception of spambots and flood attacks, but I think I've been pretty fair overall.

And poast, I have stood up for you in the past, as has -SpectraL, but our voices remained unheard by the powers that be.

Either way, I vote that I'd be a good mod here, I love the users on both these websites and I want to contribute and help both places grow into their own unique personnae.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Unwyred voted for himself, that automatically means he can't be mod, right?
  • UnwyredUnwyred Regular
    edited July 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    Unwyred voted for himself, that automatically means he can't be mod, right?

Presidents vote for themselves during the election process. There is nothing wrong with a reasonable amount of self-promotion. It's known as confidence and ambition, both good qualities to have in any position of leadership or authority when used in moderation.

*This message is approved by the Unwyred for Mod 2010 Campaign.*
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ol' Ceasar ass nigga gets my vote.
  • edited July 2010
    Unwyred wrote: »
    And poast, I have stood up for you in the past, as has -SpectraL, but our voices remained unheard by the powers that be.

Fair enough I guess, but it doesn't make you any less of an enabler.
  • UnwyredUnwyred Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fair enough I guess, but it doesn't make you any less of an enabler.

Different strokes man. I still really admire a lot of the stuff you write.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »

i find the community generally is self regulated here and is fairly slow, so yeah, only a handful of mods are needed just to touch up the boards if something happens
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's just gonna pick up n all these new fags will show up and act like Kevin Love Is My Hero n then we'll need to hastily mod a bunch of users to keep up with spam n shit anyway :o may as well stay ahead of things.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Unwyred is a cool guy and doesn't start drama or do stupid shit. I voted for him.
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    If we need a mod he'd be one of the better choices, but we should do what poast-bortem said and have as little mods as possible.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can share. :mad:

I <3 Unwyred and his smooth, pale white ass. Run down that beach, Unwyred. Yeah. Run. Good boy. *licks lips*
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    I can share. :mad:

I <3 Unwyred and his smooth, pale white ass. Run down that beach, Unwyred. Yeah. Run. Good boy. *licks lips*

Uh, what the fuck? Are you actually gay/bi dude? Like Joe Pharmer (stupid noob). If you're not you're a pretty funny and awesome troll.

ps. I posted stupid noobs name on zoklet and mksnowboarder edited it to "123" and SN complained that I wasn't banned. I know SN, he's the type of guy that REALLY hates his info released, but he did it to me so he can suck meth off of a black dick. he lives in Kentucky? I wonder if I could look up his phone number and call him LOL.
    edited July 2010
    For the record, most of the posts I've made in this thread were sarcasm. If he fits the bill for a good mod, then by all means, but until we warrant the need for additional moderation, we shouldn't be reaching for new mods.
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    I voted yes.

He's a chill motherfucker who doesn't take it all super serious. Plus he has the time and inclination to help build the board up.