Official Totse IRC

Comments

• edited August 2011
    That's pretty cool Paco, good update. I still think you should make some kind of guide on all this, I'd love to see how it works and set my own server up or something :thumbsup:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dude that is really sweet. Cant believe you already got the bot up and running right. And it boots spambots to doesnt it.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey whatever can make the hosts job easier is a great improvement.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited August 2011
    Just a little news/potential warning. My house and the server may possibly get hit my Hurricane Irene. Shit is the opposite of cash. If the server is down this weekend through next week, that is why.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Try wearing a Waldo shirt while it hits your house, maybe it will have a hard time finding you. :D
    edited August 2011
    Just found out that the Hurricane changed courses a little bit now its going right over me, My county is apparently supposed to getting hit the worst in CT. Idk how true that is but its still enough to scare the shit out of me. Just a little note that might make you understand why i hate storms so much. Wind + Trees = Falling trees everywhere. I live in the middle of the woods, my entire house is surrounded by huge ass trees.
    edited August 2011
    The Storm is here, ~4 hours until the hurricane itself is here.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    The Storm is here, ~4 hours until the hurricane itself is here.

Fuck :) I hope you get through this.
    edited August 2011
    I'm alive. Shit was cash.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Yay, I missed you Paco :D
    edited September 2011
    I'll try to post a lot more now lol, sadly I am in school again so I have much less free time.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    grove st yes we ardered that
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    grove st villins

who u killin
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2011
    Can't connect. I was looking forward to doing some hardcore idling. :(
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    Can't connect. I was looking forward to doing some hardcore idling. :(

Server is down by the looks of things.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    Paco forgot to feed and water the hamster I guess.
    edited September 2011
    The router died this morning and I didn't have time to fix it before I left for school. Back up now.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    LIME GREEN FLAG NIGGA
    edited November 2011
    So WInter Storm Alfred hit me dead on, I have no power and probably won't for quite a while. This is my first time online in a while, I'm using a sketchy borrowed laptop at a Starbucks. Although I am booting Backtrack off of my flashdrive so thats better than this shitty spyware infested XP this antivirusless POS is running. Power should be back by next week at the latest.
    edited November 2011
    Holy shit bro, I guess I should turn on my TV once in a awhile. I never heard of this event until now.
    edited November 2011
    Its not too bad, wasn't as bad as Hurricane Irene but there are a fair amount of trees and power lines down.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    I only just heard of this hurricane thingo a few minutes ago. questionablecontent.net is in guest comic mode because of it.
    Anywho, if your house is flattened paco, you can stay with me ;)

also, this is our temp irc:
    irc.foonetic.net
    #totse
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    *cries*

I miss my PACO!!!

Damn your Hurricanes.
    edited November 2011
    The Power has Returned!! I am home once again.

Server is up and running.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited January 2012
    (dusts off thread) BUMPITY BUMP IT UP !
    edited January 2012
    The totse irc is pretty cool. There's this depressing guy called pygar who always on though. He talks to himself about crazy melancholy crap (no one ever replies). He has this creepy sexual thing going on with Paco as well.
  • _Abe__Abe_ New Arrival
    edited January 2012
    The totse irc is pretty cool. There's this depressing guy called pygar who always on though. He talks to himself about crazy melancholy crap (no one ever replies). He has this creepy sexual thing going on with Paco as well.

So THAT'S why It's always so quiet in there... Naughty stuff going on in priv :fap:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Sorry, I am busy, I would love to HANG out in IRC :(
    edited January 2012
    hey Dfg, the irc connection info is wrong (in the navigation). It should be: totsearmyhq.dyndns.org #totse
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    I wondered why there was never anyone in there.

I'm using our livestream now though.

http://www.livestream.com/totseans/chat?tab=chat-livestream
    edited January 2012
    hey Dfg, the irc connection info is wrong (in the navigation). It should be: totsearmyhq.dyndns.org #totse

or totseans.dyndns.info #totse

They both work.
    edited January 2012
    holy shit paco! The IRC's been down for three days now. Do you have any plans to fix it?

Where else is my cunning wit going to go ignored?
    edited January 2012
    Oops. It's unplugged. I went to a LAN party last weekend.
    edited January 2012
    It's still down, you gronk.

I'm going to buy a raspberry pi PC when they're released and show you how to run a real irc server.
    edited January 2012
    I think the server is fucked up. Nothing is showing up on the monitor
    edited January 2012
    Server seems to be broken. If I hit the power button, it just starts beeping and then shuts off. I'll give it a looksie once exams are over.
  • _Abe__Abe_ New Arrival
    edited January 2012
    Paco wrote: »
    Server seems to be broken. If I hit the power button, it just starts beeping and then shuts off. I'll give it a looksie once exams are over.

You need to tell your mom to STOP using our IRC server as a Sybian... :mad: Either that or she has to tape herself riding It and post It here on the forums, her choice :D
    edited January 2012
    It won't even turn on now. Most of the hardware is over 10 years old, maybe it finally shit out on me. I'm taking a look at it now.
    edited January 2012
    Yup hardware is shot. Can't really say I'm surprised though. Soooo, I'm not quite sure what the plan is now.
    edited January 2012
    alrighty then, see if you can isolate the problem paco.

In the meantime, and perhaps for a while, the irc server will be located at:

irc.foonetic.net
    #totse

If some people want to donate cash so i can buy a $100.00 plug server, that'll work as well. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the raspberry pi comes out, which is something i can afford (within 6 months).

The other alternative and the cheapest easiest one, is for dfg to install X7Chat or PhpFreeChat
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    alrighty then, see if you can isolate the problem paco.

In the meantime, and perhaps for a while, the irc server will be located at:

irc.foonetic.net
    #totse

If some people want to donate cash so i can buy a $100.00 plug server, that'll work as well. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the raspberry pi comes out, which is something i can afford (within 6 months).

The other alternative and the cheapest easiest one, is for dfg to install X7Chat or PhpFreeChat

Okay, as you wish.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    I have a spare linux box acting as a file server that could be used as an IRC server. I would just need some pointers on how to set up an IRC server.

On second thought, I installed an IRC server on it when I set it up. I just need to get nickserv/chanserv working on it.
    edited January 2012
    Didn't TDR say something about having an old server he would give me a while ago?
    edited January 2012
    I had an old 4U case with a old Tyan Thunder K7 MB w/dual AMD MPs but I gave it away about 2 months ago, sorry.
    edited January 2012
    That's alright. Looks like I'm going with plan B. Scavenge through the mountain of junk in the closet of the computer room in my school for parts, and then ghetto-rig it. You know, the usual.
    edited May 2012
    After hours of wrestling with my dynamic IP, I'm proud to announce our IRC server is back (permanently):

pygar.chickenkiller.com:6667 #totse

NickServ is coming as soon as i work out how to do it. you have to compile a lot of things by hand with the pi.
  • edited May 2012
    That's awesome Slart, great job. I'll see if I'm able to add a link to it somewhere so people know it's up. Good stuff!
    edited May 2012
    You may also access it from a web client directly at http://pygar.chickenkiller.com

thttpd is being a little patchy but it should be alright.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Pygar, already there.