ITT: the most powerful weapon

edited August 2011 in Man Cave
You've had the privilege of handling, if not firing.

For me, the Lahti L-39 I got to fingerfuck at my local gun store that does Class III transfers. Here is one next to a PKM for scale:
Ikakf.jpg
These used to not be federally controlled and sell for $79 after WWII :(
Now you'll be paying in the thousands as well as $200 to the ATF for a tax stamp and background check to make sure you're not some gangbanger who will rob a 7/11 with a 109 pound 88 inch long anti tank rifle :rolleyes: One 20 round mag will run you $125,

BATFE, KEEPING US SAFE ONE BULLSHIT REGISTRATION AT A TIME, BURNING WOMEN AND CHILDREN BECAUSE OF RUMORS THEIR HUSBANDS AND FATHERS MAY NOT HAVE REGISTERED GUNS THEY DIDN'T USE TO COMMIT CRIMES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CRIMINALS :rolleyes:

Habaner0 is at the moment indisposed, but for him it's the BOOBVOLVER, a very rare revolver capable of vaporizing Jews in a single round, thought too politically correct to do so in a ROL POU.

P.S. in case anyone is interested: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=235577432

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011
    mk19a3-2.jpg

Fire it in basic, on deployment, or privately?
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    Fire it in basic, on deployment, or privately?

Oh the fun I would have if I could fire one of those things privately.
    Only in basic I'm afraid. Does that not count?
  • edited June 2011
    Oh the fun I would have if I could fire one of those things privately.
    Only in basic I'm afraid. Does that not count?

Sure it does, but it counts double if you tag a mudslime with a 40 mil. I saw one at a machine gun shoot about 3 years ago but couldn't afford it :(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    That Lahti makes the PKM look like an Action man scaled down replica. Did it shoot well?
    Biggest I've fired was a 7.62 AK47. Worked with the Army for years and had plenty of downtime. Shame there was an ammo shortage at the time (Afghan/Iraq) so I couldn't fire the SA80 as much as I wanted, thus frequently used to plink .22 rounds at Crows or other things on the firing range.
  • edited June 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    That Lahti makes the PKM look like an Action man scaled down replica. Did it shoot well?
    I hear it did, but I still wouldn't want to take ANY rifle up against a T-34.
    RemadE wrote: »
    Biggest I've fired was a 7.62 AK47. Worked with the Army for years and had plenty of downtime. Shame there was an ammo shortage at the time (Afghan/Iraq) so I couldn't fire the SA80 as much as I wanted, thus frequently used to plink .22 rounds at Crows or other things on the firing range.
    Never touched off an MG?
    You're missing out
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I might get to this Summer as I'm working on the Barracks again. Last year saw me rolling round in a Challenger 2 listening to Spandau Ballet's "True". Fucking fun :hai:
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited June 2011
    AT4 is the baddest weapon I ever got to fire. A few dummy rounds. But I did get two live rounds, awesome.

I've also used an RPG7, but it's no where near the awesome of the AT4.

My absolute favorite though is the M240b. It's a goddamned BEAST.

EDIT: Forgot, I also got to shoot a javelin launcher. I would hate to be the bastard carrying it. And it doesn't do well in urban combat. But it's like the AT4 on fucking heroin, meth, crack, and LSD. It's an AWESOME weapon. But tricky. I was a front line rifle SSgt. So I didn't have anything other than training on it, never a live round. But it's an amazing launcher. Due to weight, I wouldn't want to carry it though. It's almost as heavy as the M240b, but you still have to carry a rifle, it's a situational weapon. I never had one in my squad, they usually sit back away from the main assault, and look for incoming armor. But that will kill them! Amazing.
    edited June 2011
    Never touched off an MG?
    You're missing out

Agreed. There is nothing like having your itchy finger on an automatic weapon. I was in the service so I got plenty, but I think anyone who is in to guns, needs to at at least one go at an automatic firearm. It's a hell of a ride.

EDIT: If you ever get the chance to "rent" an auto, go for an M16/varient. Best shooting auto I can think of. Fuck the AK, too much muzzle rise, too much recoil for real automatic fire. Ironic in that we shoot single fire, and our enemy shoot's auto, but that's another thread.

Also thumbs up fatty tits! You're being awesome(I am drunk though....)
  • edited June 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Agreed. There is nothing like having your itchy finger on an automatic weapon. I was in the service so I got plenty, but I think anyone who is in to guns, needs to at at least one go at an automatic firearm. It's a hell of a ride.
    YEP
    THIS
    EDIT: If you ever get the chance to "rent" an auto, go for an M16/varient. Best shooting auto I can think of. Fuck the AK, too much muzzle rise, too much recoil for real automatic fire. Ironic in that we shoot single fire, and our enemy shoot's auto, but that's another thread.
    ABSOLUTELY
    WRONG
    If you get a chance to rent an MG, most places will have a Thompson. This is what you should rent.
    Nothing is more American.
    Also thumbs up fatty tits! You're being awesome(I am drunk though....)
    Drink more, it'll make you less of a jackass
    edited June 2011
    YEP
    THIS

ABSOLUTELY
    WRONG
    If you get a chance to rent an MG, most places will have a Thompson.

Most I come across that let you rent an Auto, usually is an M16/AK varient. Never saw a thompson at a range. I have shot the M1 version though, rather than the big bastard.

Anyway, I think we can both agree- between an M16 AK47, the the M16 variant is much more pleasant to shoot.
  • edited June 2011
    Most I come across that let you rent an Auto, usually is an M16/AK varient. Never saw a thompson at a range. I have shot the M1 version though, rather than the big bastard.
    Both times I've rented machineguns at ranges rather than at MG shoots were at huge MG rental ranges (Scottsdale Gun Club and The Gun Store in vegas) that had a wide selection including M1A1 and M1928 Thompsons. Clearly one of us needs to exit the backwoods on occasion.
    Anyway, I think we can both agree- between an M16 AK47, the the M16 variant is much more pleasant to shoot.
    Gee, really?
    American engineering creates a far more refined end result than soviet engineering? :facepalm:
  • savages_vipersavages_viper Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    i messed around with a saw para and a barret in 50bmg and all kinds of other goodies at a weapons tent at jumpfest one year the 50 is probably the most powerfull firearm i have touched

the most powerfull gun i have personaly fired / own is my marlin 45/70 the gun i shot that threw the most lead was a freind of a freind owned a m16a1 (legaly owned per the nfa act)
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited July 2011
    GdL4T.jpg

Ray gun nigga!

yea you can have all that gay "bullets" you want but my rays own
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited July 2011
    Homebrew railgun. In layman's terms, it turns a metal "bullet" into a magnet, and uses its magnetic field combined with that of the rails it's in contact with to launch it forward.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011

can you say USAS - 12
  • edited July 2011
    My shotgun, I think. I'd like to get something a little more powerful, though.

MONTEFELTRO_BECCACIA_12g_RH_WOOD_1700.gif
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    When my pops was in the army he was always like, "I'm going to take you to shoot a .50 cal some time." Fucker never did. :angry:

So the biggest gun I've shot was my Mossberg 500.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    You've had the privilege of handling, if not firing.

For me, the Lahti L-39 I got to fingerfuck at my local gun store that does Class III transfers. Here is one next to a PKM for scale:
    Ikakf.jpg
    These used to not be federally controlled and sell for $79 after WWII :(
    Now you'll be paying in the thousands as well as $200 to the ATF for a tax stamp and background check to make sure you're not some gangbanger who will rob a 7/11 with a 109 pound 88 inch long anti tank rifle :rolleyes: One 20 round mag will run you $125,

Or you can just join the empire..

review_medisandtroop_8.jpg
  • CrimsonCrimson Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    try the 108 howitzer... damn thing had our platoon jumpin in their boots when it fired. myself and 2 other Pte's got the chance to pull the trigger, so to speak. it put the OW in WOW.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Would be a rie, between...

itas6390.jpg

m1 abrams

and this...

1374021-f_4_phantom_ii_large.jpg

f4 phantom.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited August 2011
    hummmm

_225619214.jpg

or

nuclear-submarine.jpg
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    ^dude have you actually been on an aircraft carrier and got to mess around with it? read the first line in the OP.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Would be a rie, between...

itas6390.jpg

m1 abrams

and this...

1374021-f_4_phantom_ii_large.jpg

f4 phantom.

And you have been in an f4 phantom?

Before you say yes you should know that the final USAF F-4 was retired in 1996. So if you are 30 you would have had to ridden in one at age 13.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited August 2011
    If it was one that I actually had my hands on its would one of these
    COLT 45
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6DyumaIta9lJguoSibdPoypBxtAdHg8OYqjBqLWA1RAb1HOHjLA
    RUGER 357
    ruger_gp-100_357.jpg
    12 GUAGE WITH DRAGONS BREATH/OR WILLIE PETE WHICH EVER FLOATS YOUR BOATemvideo-youtube-RP4FjODPDFA_1.jpg
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    And you have been in an f4 phantom?

Before you say yes you should know that the final USAF F-4 was retired in 1996. So if you are 30 you would have had to ridden in one at age 13.

Yes I have, several times. you know my location so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Air_Force_Base

my first step-father used to be in the air force, repair radar systems on the f4, this was back in the day when you could actually drive out on to the flight line. Since the base was reopened I worked for a company there (repainting commercial jets), and I assure you there are still f4s out there, most not airworthy, but you can climb around on/in them. There is still one parked on the ramp behind the hanger I used to work in. I have never flown in one though. :(

As far the the m1, the rotc or some shit at the college here had a shitload of different armored vehicles on display one weekend, you could climb in them and check them out and shit, was pretty cool.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    and for shits and giggles, this is that f4 right behind the hanger. Still sitting there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=34.592835,-117.367383&spn=0.000912,0.001725&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    and for shits and giggles, this is that f4 right behind the hanger. Still sitting there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=34.592835,-117.367383&spn=0.000912,0.001725&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6

So, do you want to bomb it?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Sitting in a dead plane huh? Cool...
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Sitting in a dead plane huh? Cool...

It was pretty cool dude, and I've got a good imagination so that helped. I got to sit in the live real thing when I was a kid though. Wasn't allowed to touch anything though.