So I'm going to be a temp at an antique store

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
What lulz could be had? I'm assuming any antique store here in town can't get that much business, and I probably won't spend my entire day at the register doing nothing, so what should I do?

Comments

• MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Are there any farms near your town? Ok good. What youre going to do is steal a bull from that farm, ideally on your lunch break so you have enough time to get the gate open. Then you will sneak said bull into the antique store. How? Grab a table cloth and drape it over the bull and tell them its an antique dining set. Then once the bull is in the antique shop, kick him in the nuts, and lulz will be produced. When the owners come back, just give them a shrug and a cheesy grin and say "well you know what they say."
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    Take something that looks like it could be an antique but isn't worth much and try and sell. Keep the money.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    I was thinking that one thing I could do to pass time while the boss is gone is play on the internet, since I know they will have it for research purposes.
    edited July 2010
    Or you can coordinate with the stores around you to move every single thing in the store to the store on its right while the bosses are away. That way when they can come back, theyll think the entire building shifted to the left.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited July 2010
    Convince them to let you go out and check out local auctions/sales of crap for potential undescovered antiques. Proceed to nearest charity shop by some shit vases and smoke weed for the rest of the day.
    edited July 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    Convince them to let you go out and check out local auctions/sales of crap for potential undescovered antiques. Proceed to nearest charity shop by some shit vases and smoke weed for the rest of the day.

I'm thinking the reason I'm being put on as a temp for such a store is so the owner can do that, so I'm fairly sure I'll be there alone. It would be sweet if I wasn't on probation because I would get knowledgeable about the job and become a full time employee and just be stoned all the time.
    edited July 2010
    Go up to the roof and paint a big circle with an X in it so that helicopters think the can land there. It will be lulz if one actually does.
    edited July 2010
    Go up to the roof and paint a big circle with an X in it so that helicopters think the can land there. It will be lulz if one actually does.

There are actually several places in town I could do this. I guess it really depends on which one I'm temping at.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    hellacopters dont just land at any spot they feel like they prolly alredy have it in there mind were they r going. anywasy i liked the bull idea LOL!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o
  • Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I love antique stores. :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Go to work everyday with the same greeting: "What's new?"
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    Set up a video camera/get access to CCTV, and toy with the customers.
    edited July 2010
    Found out it's going to be at the old mall in town, so I won't have an opportunity to fuck around.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just buy any old junk that comes in and drastically over pay. Get the customers in on it.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2010
    put out a flier saying the roadshow is coming to town
    edited July 2010
    put out a flier saying the roadshow is coming to town

Sounds lulzy. The thing that really sucks is that I don't even get to use a computer at work because this one doesn't buy their shit directly. It's kinda like an outlet for a different one.