Banned on Wikipedia...

I'm very confused right now. I just tried editing the TOTSE Wikipedia Page to update it a little, and I get an error message telling me that my IP address has been banned for "Recidivist vandalism (TAWT)."

Now firstly, how the hell could I have been banned if I have never edited a wikipedia article in my life?

Also, what kind of reason is Recidivist vandalism (TAWT)? I haven't vandalized a thing.

FUCK YOU WIKIPEDIA.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    It's just because you are using an IP that somebody else was using there who got banned. Reboot your computer or power cycle your modem and try again.

Many power cycles have been had since this ban would have been placed, as I was literally rebooting my old router every 5 minutes (it was borked).

The thing is, the people I live with never even USE wikipedia, let alone know how to edit an article.

If it was me, I must have been completely wasted or something.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Good luck editing it even if you aren't banned. The wiki fags like to revert any changes totseans make to the wiki page, and locked it last time. They even removed the short section talking about Mr. HAI.
  • edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    Good luck editing it even if you aren't banned. The wiki fags like to revert any changes totseans make to the wiki page, and locked it last time. They even removed the short section talking about Mr. HAI.

Why though? It's legitimate, what's their problem?
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Why though? It's legitimate, what's their problem?

Just people power tripping.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Do you live with family? Someone in your family has been doing silly things on wiki on the IP address you all share.

Alternatively: You did vandalize it. You just weren't there at the time so to speak. You dissociated entirely and one of the voices in your head took over to make some changes on wikipedia. You have lame inner demons.
  • InsurrectionInsurrection Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Wikipedia is a bitch about when you write in articles. It sucks but thats how they are man.
  • edited July 2010
    Wikipedia is a bitch about when you write in articles. It sucks but thats how they are man.

Seems pretty stupid really. I'd just like to announce to Wikipedia (in case they are reading), that you are a bunch of idiots. Stopping people from contributing up-to-date information to their site is stupid. Considering that there wouldn't even BE a Wikipedia if it wasn't for the users, this is just retarded.

On another note, I'm not butthurt and I don't really care too much anyway. :D