Prepare for a possible cataclysmic earthquake in North America

ManifestoTHEOUManifestoTHEOU Acolyte
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well I've been doing a fair amount of research concerning the new mandrid fault line, considering that FEMA has issued multiple RFI’s (Request For Information) regarding the availability of 140 million packaged meals, blankets and underwater body bags for the region known as the New Madrid Seismic Zone in the central United States.

I highly advise all those living in this region google everything they can regarding the new mandrid fault line. The new mandrid fault line has the ability to produce incredibly powerful earthquakes that could completely destroy a good majority of modern-day infrastructure within this region, and that isn't the worst of it. Let me further explain some things regarding the new mandrid fault line.

the New Madrid quakes are shallow and they are rolling quakes. Due to the geographic region that they occur in, they are not at all lessened in their epicenter region. the waves of the quakes travel practically unimpeded for thousands of miles. The fault zone can produce supershear earthquakes, which can greatly exceed the normal limitations of energy release for a particular fault so that the New Madrid can produce mega quakes.

What you have to understand is that an 8.0 at the New Madrid is like a 9.5 in shaking intensity just about anywhere else in the world, at least. People seem to not understand this. An 8.0 quake on the San Andreas for example is much smaller. Much smaller. You would need a 9.5, if not more on the San Andreas to equal the shaking intensity felt of an 8.0 quake on the New Madrid. Even a 9.5 on the San Andreas would not be even close to being felt as far away as an 8.0 on the New Madrid.

We have a good example of how powerful the earthquakes from this region can be from past earthquakes produced in this region. Take the 1812 quake. That quake was felt by people in Canada, Mexico, and Alaska. It knocked books and dishes off shelves in Montreal. It knocked down chimneys in Chicago. It knocked down buildings in Saint Louis. In Boston church bells rang simultaneously for at least 5-6 minutes. However this isn't the worst part.

Closer to the epicenter it opened up sand geysers that were 150 feet wide and shot debris thousands of feet into the air. It moved the ground permanently lower or higher in some places as much as 4-5 feet. Huge fissures (hundreds of feet) opened up in the ground. Trees were uprooted and launched into the air. The Mississippi River stopped flowing and then reversed its course in the opposite direction.

Islands were sunk and new islands were formed. A new large lake formed in a matter of minutes as millions of gallons of water flew into newly sunken land. In some places the ground rolled by as much as 30 feet with each successive roll of the earthquake. In many places the ground liquefied and basically whole regions in the area became quick sand.

Another interesting note, there has been far more powerful earthquakes in the past than the 1812 quake (in 900AD and 1450AD).

Another concern, the destabilization of the gulf of mexico seafloor increases like likelihood of a devastating earthquake (coincidently the new mandrid fault line essentially starts where the BP oil spill happened...).

Geologist are only starting to scratch the surface of understanding how this is all fitting together, that is the BP oil spill and the potentiality of earthquakes originating from the new mandrid fault line. There are other influencial factors at play here that could further contribute to a cataclysmic event such as HARRP, however I wanted to stick closer to known facts.

My bottom line here is that there is the potential for such a quake cluster sequence that could destroy not only the Great Lakes region but could flood the entire center of the US and that could permanently split North America into two separate islands.

On a side note, i also think its coincidental that many so called prophets have forseen the splitting of america into two seperate islands (i.e.-edgar cayce). A quick google image search under future world map/future earth map/future earth map 2012 etc. goes to reveal a number of different "predicted" maps of north america split into two islands. While of course these maps arn't based on scientific findings, they are certainly something to consider in light of this new information.

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited February 2011
    Supposedly, the Mississippi River flowed backwards when the quake in 1812 happened. That's some serious shit.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, damage map from a 6.8 earthquake. Fuck.

NMSZ_Vergleich.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Jesus christ, that's insane. So is this meant to happen soon then, or something?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, damage map from a 6.8 earthquake. Fuck.

NMSZ_Vergleich.jpg

That map is nice. When a large part of Las Palmas slides into the Atlantic (NB: when, not if) everything in the fucked area will be dead.

f2repy.png

Prepare for martial law the next day muricans.

Man is born to live, not to prepare for life. Life itself, the phenomenom of life, the gift of life, is so breathtakingly serious!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    Just more doom and gloom scares. I have been hearing about shit like this for almost 50 years. Every 5 - 10 years it is something else and none of it ever happens.
  • MiranMiran Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    One of the reasons why I live in the Pacific North West.

Because fuck the East Coast.

When the US floods, I'll go stand ontop of Mt St. Hell'ns

That'd be a shit-stick of irony.
  • edited July 2011
    Just more doom and gloom scares. I have been hearing about shit like this for almost 50 years. Every 5 - 10 years it is something else and none of it ever happens.

Another one of those rare occasions when TDR gets it right. If OP were 10 years younger he'd have been stacking gas masks and cans of frijoles 20 feet deep because of Y2k.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    No she's dead man. If the shit in this OP is true that's a pretty fucked catastrophe theory that's sounds scientifically back, like the big ass volcano under yosemite. I wonder if a quake like that could set that bitch off?