Hypothetically - How would you turn CC information into cash?

michaelbee123michaelbee123 Semo-Regulars
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
So if you had access to some complete CC information (name/number/address/ccv/etc) how would you turn that into cash easily?

A lot of ECurrency sites like MTGOX or Tradehill don't accept CC payments anymore and it's incredibly difficult to get money on.
Other than buying something, sending it to a drop location and pawning off the items.

Are there other quick methods?

Comments

• blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited September 2011
    load some money into a prepaid debit card?
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited September 2011
    Buy and sell Prepaid Debit cards. Buy them for say, $100, sell them for $25. It's done a lot in an underground invite only forum i used to post on.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Buy and sell Prepaid Debit cards. Buy them for say, $100, sell them for $25. It's done a lot in an underground invite only forum i used to post on.

*AHEM* That would be a loss of $75 per transaction.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited September 2011

I thought Pre-paid debit cards can only be bought with cash?
  • michaelbee123michaelbee123 Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    Where would I buy the Pre-Paid card? Online using a retailer which sells prepaid cards by email? Or should I go out to a 7-Eleven and buy a prepaid card with cash. And then refill it online with the CC info?

If I use the second method, couldn't they trace when and where the Prepaid card was initially sold? If they did, how likely would it be that they caught me? I'm assuming they would find Surveillance footage of me buying the card? How long do 7-Elevens keep their surveillance tape?

Once I have the prepaid card, do I just use it like a normal card? Can I withdraw money from ATMs while using a disguise?
    edited September 2011
    *AHEM* That would be a loss of $75 per transaction.

But it is still pure profit. You are more or less cleaning the money and stuff making a $25 profit per card. I also never said that he had to use the amounts i said, It was merely a suggestion, but the more money the person saves, the more likely they are to buy them.
    edited September 2011
    Hey Paco, Thanks for the recommendation. But I'm having trouble understanding why your method is any better than just using those Prepaid cards by myself?

If i used those prepaid cards myself, I'm sure I'd be running the risk of being caught using illegally purchased Prepaid cards. But if i were to sell them to another person, wouldn't they also be running that risk?

If they were to be caught, what's to stop them from just telling the FBI(or whoever) where they purchased the cards? What method would I use to accept money from these people anyway? If I use paypal, wouldn't they easily be able to trace which paypal account the money was sent to?

Thanks
    edited September 2011
    Hey Paco, Thanks for the recommendation. But I'm having trouble understanding why your method is any better than just using those Prepaid cards by myself?

If i used those prepaid cards myself, I'm sure I'd be running the risk of being caught using illegally purchased Prepaid cards. But if i were to sell them to another person, wouldn't they also be running that risk?

If they were to be caught, what's to stop them from just telling the FBI(or whoever) where they purchased the cards? What method would I use to accept money from these people anyway? If I use paypal, wouldn't they easily be able to trace which paypal account the money was sent to?

Thanks

Yes, they would run the risk, if you did everything correctly, they would have absolutely no way of telling the fbi who sold it to them. Also, i've only seen this done on some shady ass forum in the darkest corner of the internet where reg has been closed for years. The forum is a lot like IP Torrents or Pretome. the main page looks plain and you cant access anything unless you get invited by someone who is already a member so no one ever rats anyone out.
    edited September 2011
    But it is still pure profit. You are more or less cleaning the money and stuff making a $25 profit per card. I also never said that he had to use the amounts i said, It was merely a suggestion, but the more money the person saves, the more likely they are to buy them.

Please explain how a $75 loss could be profit I am confused.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited September 2011
    you make $ 25 of pure profit , that 75 loss isn;t coming from your own pockets its coming off the Cc and no one is going to pay a 100 dollar prepaid debit card for 75 ... well they might but the lower the sale the more likely the person is going to want to buy it off you . as long as you make something , its all good is what he means.
    edited September 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    you make $ 25 of pure profit , that 75 loss isn;t coming from your own pockets its coming off the Cc and no one is going to pay a 100 dollar prepaid debit card for 75 ... well they might but the lower the sale the more likely the person is going to want to buy it off you . as long as you make something , its all good is what he means.

Math where is the math?

He said buy them for $100 and sell them for $25.

Are you suggesting that tese are growing in a field and you pick them?

Somebody has to load the $100. That person is either the victim who gets ripped off or an idiot who is losing $75. Where did the $100 come from.

I don't see the math and so far nobody has presented it.
    edited September 2011
    Yes, they would run the risk, if you did everything correctly, they would have absolutely no way of telling the fbi who sold it to them. Also, i've only seen this done on some shady ass forum in the darkest corner of the internet where reg has been closed for years. The forum is a lot like IP Torrents or Pretome. the main page looks plain and you cant access anything unless you get invited by someone who is already a member so no one ever rats anyone out.

Alright. So I'm guessing that I would never gain access to this type of forum. Is there another method which would allow me to convert CC info into quick cash?

Is my best option at this point to just purchase a big item to a drop location and then pawning that off or reselling it on Craigslist or something?
    edited September 2011
    Does anyone else smell bacon^
    edited September 2011
    TDR, he's implying you buy $100 cards using someone else's CC details and sell them for $25. Because you can protect yourself from scrutiny during the loading process, you pass the risk (of usage) to whoever buys them, and they know this because they're getting a $100 debit card for $25.

OK now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing up the missing math.
    edited September 2011
    OK now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing up the missing math.
    Yea, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I figured it was obvious though considering that this thread is about stolen CC info.

Also, on an unrelated note, TDR, I just finished The Red Pill. Nice work.
    edited September 2011
    Yea, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I figured it was obvious though considering that this thread is about stolen CC info.

Also, on an unrelated note, TDR, I just finished The Red Pill. Nice work.

I have never had a criminal mind so I suppose that is why I was missing the part about buying pre-paids with stolen CCs.

And thanks for your support of The Red Pill. We are working on the next episode now.
  • edited September 2011
    As an Australian i have easy access to Asian financial services, like a singaporian bank account.

Open up a singapore business, open a merchant bank account and then charge all these cards MAXIMUM. Then make a large transfer to your other singapore bank account and send it back on home, or to barbados or whatever.

Pakistan is also a non-signatory of the international insolvency agreements, although sending stolen CC cash there will get homeland security kicking down your door.

Edit: Not that i do any of this.
  • LexDevilLexDevil Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    If I was the sort of person who stole credit/debit cards I would consider taking advantage of online poker rooms and use several steps to 'clean' the money.

I live in the UK where online gambling is legal; this may be harder/not possible in some other countries.

Most poker rooms have 2 ways in which funds can transfer from 1 person to another, either by losing funds to them during game play, or using a 'fund transfer' function, from one account to another.

1. I would set up an online poker account the in cardholders name (from a PC/connection which I could not be linked to) and deposit as much money as possible from the stolen card. Some sites do not require much verification other than the details on the card.

2. I would proceed to gamble some of the money away to other online players to muddy the water slightly, sending small amounts of money in different directions all over the world.

3. I would look for 1 or 2 'targets' to transfer funds to as a decoy, to lead anyone investigating the fraud in the wrong direction. Someone within my own country would be best, and if it was someone who lives in the same city as the cardholder, even better. The prime suspect is now an unsuspecting poker player. (Without any real proof that he/she is guilty they can not be punished, fund transfer is not enough alone to indicate guilt). The amount I would send would be big enough to make it look convincing, but not so large that whatever I was left with was not worth it.

4. I would continue gambling with other players, as many as possible, trying to make it look like now that I have 'cashed out', (by transferring funds to my ‘real’ account [the unsuspecting target]) I am just trying to have some fun with the remainder the cash and don't care if I win or lose, as I am basically free rolling.

5. For this stage I would need a partner who has a legitimate account on the site, and preferably is a regular user, the further away from me the better. I would only work with someone from another country on this (but someone I trust, of course). After gambling a little bit more money away I would then join a table with my partner (with a few other players on it also as to alleviate suspicion) and wait for a good opportunity (without making it obvious) to 'donate', I.E. lose, the rest of my money to him. Your partner now cashes out the money (not instantly, he/she could even gamble with a little bit of it themselves before doing so).

This I would imagine would create a royal headfuck for whoever was investigating. There is zero evidence on my partner and as online poker sites want to keep there customers and appear safe, it is highly unlikely that that would recover the funds from user accounts that where won in game play, they would however recover the funds from the decoy target account that you transferred money to, who as previously mention will now be the target of any investigation.

This is all hypothetical of course and there may be flaws which prevent this from being applied to a real life situation, any feed back and improvements would be welcomed.
  • edited November 2011
    LexDevil wrote: »
    there may be flaws which prevent this from being applied to a real life situation

Nope thats one of the ways its done.

Theres a reason full tilt caught racketterring and laundering charges.