So I got my fiancee to watch Star Wars. And she loves it.

HGMIVHGMIV Acolyte
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I've been with the girl for almost two years and the entire time she has refused flat-out to watch the movies. She's always been the Sex & The City type of girl, Juicy Couture jewelry and all of that jazz. Earlier this week, we watched Episode IV. She said "it was really cool," and recently she asked me to watch Empire. We did, and now she loves them. I don't have Jedi on DVD, so I'm going to have to find it some other way (I'm holding off as much as I can on the BluRays because of the changes.) I'm just still ecstatic that she likes them. I mean I'm not expecting her to dress in full Leia Slave outfit in a role play session, but it's still pretty cool. I suspect she gave in because I watched Sixteen Candles with her and rather enjoyed it, and admitted to it.

Has anyone else had any conversion stories like this with Star Wars or other nerdy/niche mediums?

Comments

• ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited September 2011
    My husband got me to see the Star Trek movie when it was in the theater a few years ago. He also got me into playing WOW & I wasted 5 years of my life doing that. :facepalm:
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited September 2011
    haha...I've seen bits in pieces from all of the star wars movies but never an entire movie. just last night i decided to torrent all of them and have a marathon. It hasn't started yet. I think I'll like them.
  • HGMIVHGMIV Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    haha...I've seen bits in pieces from all of the star wars movies but never an entire movie. just last night i decided to torrent all of them and have a marathon. It hasn't started yet. I think I'll like them.

They have a universal appeal, in my opinion.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    I have not watched them and do not want to. Then way I can say when ever any one asks me about them, trying to start a conversation about starwars.

Ask your girlfriend if you can watch New Yankee Workshop together.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    I saw the star wars movies again a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen them since childhood.

I've got to say, they didn't live up to the hype I had generated in my mind but they were OK.

I've managed to get someone to appreciate The Godfather movies, after a lifetime of calling them "boring".