DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2011 in Tech & Games
system.png
score.png

I went from using a system which consists mainly of:
Intel C2D 2.4 Oc'ed to 2.8
Custom Cooler (unknown brand)
Asus P5G41M-LX
8 GB DDR3 1333 (running at lower speeds)
XFX HD5670
DVD-RW Asus (IDE)
Fucked Up Siemens Keyboard
Closet turned into Desk.

To:
Intel i7 2.4 2600K (3.4-3.8 Auto)
Cooler Master Hyper 212
16 GB DRR3 1333
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
XFX HD 6790
2TB Seagate (SATA)
DVD-RW Samsung
Logitech Navigator Keyboard
New Working Desk.

Display:
Dell 23" 1920*1080p 60hz
I am still using Antec 650W Power Supply at this stage and my UPS literally cries when I run any graphic intensive programs.

For the last three days, I have been busy working on getting these things, today around 1400hrs I got the stuff and after that I went straight into assembling the system. This was my first expensive built. When the system was powered on, it did crash and I had to take the cooler out and readjust it many times and then I upgraded the BIOS and everything starting working again. I maxed out the system using some simple rendering tests and I see a MAJOR improved.

A video file which takes 50 mins now takes 5! minutes. Anything complex might take 10 minutes. The Graphic card is powerful and uses upto 150W. The motherboard is just amazing, it has everything that I need from Quad Crossfire/SLI to 8 SATA connectors. Along with USB3 and SATA6G. The cooler is a bit big hence I can't close the panels but who cares but overall, I am tired and happy. I am right now, setting up my workstation. I was unreachable for 18 hours because I had to sell my old PC components to lower the cost.

I am going to run more programs and hopefully with another monitors, I might be able to get the VM's working :). Oh and i7 is awesome.

Comments

• EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited September 2011
    So did you get another power supply or are you using the old one? The last thing you want to cheap out on is a power supply because if it goes it might just take everything with it.

Otherwise, Congrats bro I'm glad you could get some funds up.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Echidna wrote: »
    So did you get another power supply or are you using the old one? The last thing you want to cheap out on is a power supply because if it goes it might just take everything with it.

Otherwise, Congrats bro I'm glad you could get some funds up.

The old power supply supports SLI brah. It's Antec 650Watt http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371001

Yes, I know it's a bit old but it's still solid. I will upgrade it to 850W PSU in near future anyway, plus I would have to upgrade my UPS as well.