Water - Bottled Vs tap

edited July 2010 in Life
What does &T drink? Bottled water tends to be a quick fix when out and about and there's no tap handy for me.

I don't really like the taste of the tap water in my house. Tastes kinda like.. Chlorine.

Comments

• InsurrectionInsurrection Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I like the taste of bottled so much more. It just works for me.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    I refuse to buy bottled water. My house has it's own well tapped and that shit tastes absolutely amazing, worlds better than any bottled water I've had. I usually just fill up a metal waterbottle before I leave the house.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I drink tap water or I filter it with a Clear2 O filter pitcher. There's no way I'd pay for bottled water. I haven't seen any studies that say tap water is bad for you. I have seen that bottled water is not regulated by the government, and that's kind of scary.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Bottled water = tap water

Tap water quality in Vancouver is excellent, but I boil it anyways.
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Bottled water = tap water

Tap water quality in Vancouver is excellent, but I boil it anyways.

Why do you boil already chlorinated water?
  • 47 47 4747 47 47 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Paying for water when you can go to the sink and get some sounds like a dumb fucking idea to me
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Why do you boil already chlorinated water?

I just feel better if its boiled first. Placebo effect :p
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate giving the bottled water companies money, the prices they charge for what is basically free to them. I'm always worried about what could be in tap water though, chemicals/brainwashing drugs and so on.
  • edited July 2010
    I really enjoy the taste of the hard, shitty water that you get from more built up places. Compared to the softer water I get from living slightly further away from civilization, it tastes cool.
    edited July 2010
    Vermicide wrote: »
    I hate giving the bottled water companies money, the prices they charge for what is basically free to them. I'm always worried about what could be in tap water though, chemicals/brainwashing drugs and so on.

If they were really going to put chemicals/brainwashing drugs in water, they'd put it in your food too. There are chemicals everywhere. Some are useful and not harmful to us. As for brainwashing drugs, wtf? Sites like totse would not exist if everyone were brainwashed. There wouldn't be places like stormfront.org beastforum.com or the westboro baptist church protesting everything in sight. Stop being paranoid.

Tap water isn't run through a water softening system, so it has trace minerals. Running it through a carbon filter makes it taste better. It doesn't make it any safer to drink. Do you guys know why you can't drink the water in Mexico, Africa, etc.? They don't chlorinate it. NO ONE who lives there can drink the tap water. It has nothing to do with brainwashing. Chlorinating the water means you can safely drink it.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    Stop being paranoid.

Yeah I realise there isn't (and probably hasn't been) any kind of harmful drugs/chemicals put in to water supplies. I just worry that it could happen, it's not outside the realms of possibility that someone would poison (or whatever) a large population centre's water supply.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think it all depends on where you live. Back in Pallet Town it tastes great, but here in Celadon City it tastes like shit.
    edited July 2010
    Vermicide wrote: »
    Yeah I realise there isn't (and probably hasn't been) any kind of harmful drugs/chemicals put in to water supplies. I just worry that it could happen, it's not outside the realms of possibility that someone would poison (or whatever) a large population centre's water supply.

Yeah, that's what happened in Batman Begins, but the chances of anyone getting some huge amount of chemical in a city's water supply aren't very good. It would take a lot of dangerous chemical to poison everyone, and they would have to have access to the facility. Highly unlikely.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tap water in America is tested more then bottled (if at all). Bottled water is such a scam. The only time I could every justify it is if you don't have a clean source or you're out and need water.

Bring some water with you next time :mad:
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    its all about the money for me, so tap water
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    its all about the money for me, so tap water

If it really were you'd be able to afford bottled :o

I like both but the water supply out here (individual wells) is mostly contaminated around the neighborhood. Ours has trace amounts of lead and uranium :eek:
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a good filter in my fridge so that makes the water taste amazing. I hate Arrowhead bottled water, I'm not sure what it is, it just has a funny taste to me.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just thought of a good way to make money. Buy some bottled water and sell it back at raves for higher prices.
    edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    I just thought of a good way to make money. Buy some bottled water and sell it back at raves for higher prices.

I can picture it already:

"Yo mang, buy mai E?"
    "No thanks, I heard that guy is selling bottled water."
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I can picture it already:

"Yo mang, buy mai E?"
    "No thanks, I heard that guy is selling bottled water."

Lol well people DO need bottled water. My friend was telling me at this concert he was at there was people selling bottled water for 10 bucks a pop.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited July 2010
    Here in north FL, tap water is better quality than bottled water
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »

how about just sell tap water?
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a shallow well and one of those PUR water filters shits ok
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    I like the taste of bottled so much more. It just works for me.

Mmm... Bisphenol A.
    The primary building block of polycarbonates, bisphenol A (BPA), is an estrogen-like endocrine disruptor that may leach into food.
  • edited July 2010
    What I usually do is this - Every so often, I'll find the need to buy a bottle of water when I'm out and about. I'll drink this, and re-use that bottle later on in the week when I think I'll need a drink again. I just fill up the bottle with tap water, and take it with me.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    Traces of piss and shit and period gunge are in tap water

I hope you think of that the next time you drink it
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    My friend has a parent that works for Ozarka bottled water, so when I go ever to smoke some budz I get a free case or so, which is quite a bit of wa wa.
    edited July 2010
    Pacino wrote: »
    Traces of piss and shit and period gunge are in tap water

I hope you think of that the next time you drink it

And traces of cockroaches, bugs, insect eggs, hair, and shit are in EVERYTHING YOU EAT.

Get over it. At least tap water is regulated.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get over it. At least tap water is regulated.

This,

Spectral, you do realize bottled water is just tap water or "spring" (well/groundwater). They just put it through a carbon filter.