Just a thought..

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm the kind of person that really, really enjoys sitting back and observing the people around me. Recently I've taken a keen liking to conversation between two human beings and the conclusion I've come to is that everyone is subconsciously extremely selfish. I was laying down last night while two people that stay in the same house as I were in the kitchen having a conversation and I just listened only to find that when on person speaks to another, it's usually about themselves. Whatever the conversation may be about the persons first reaction is to somehow relate it to themselves. It kind of bugs me because now I want to know if I do it, I guess I'll just pay closer attention to myself from now on.

Anyways, isn't that just a bitch? Why can't we take interest in the people who surround us every day? Can society truly live together if we can't even take importance on what others have to say?

Comments

• MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited October 2011
    On that note...I fucking hate our world. What we've become. How god damn modern we are because isn't modernization nothing more than selfishness? We've built our entire world around luxury and comfort and in doing that we've set a plate out for the wealthy and left the scraps to the middle and lower class. Hell, the middle is the lower. What I really fucking hate is just how much I hate this entire fucking societal structure laid before me, but then again how much I absolutely love my life, and how my life is the way it is because of the world I live in. It's an endless contradiction that goes on in my head.

I'm drunk and this is the first time I've ever shared this. Feels good man.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    When someone speaks about themselves it doesn't mean they're selfish, it just means they don't have any other worthwhile information to share and it's pretty easy to start a conversation by saying, hey I ate a lot today etc. Thanks for sharing.