Amy Winehouse's Alcohol Level - 416 mg

edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just heard on the news that her blood alcohol level was 416 mg! That's 416mg per 100ml of blood. Imagine being in a drinking competition with that trainwreck :facepalm:

Comments

• jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    That went straight over my head ... Is that a BAC of 0.41?
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited October 2011
    ^^ Same. I've never heard of it being referred to as mg.....
  • edited October 2011
    It's a British thing I think. We do our sobriety tests differently over here as well - to be classed as beneath the legal drink-driving limit in the UK, you have to blow into a breathalizer and display a reading below 35mg.

So in other words, if 35 is the legal limit - Amy Winehouse was, literally, a walking wine(vodka)house.
    edited October 2011
    Did a little research. It would be .41. That's a PUSSY ass amount. A friend of mine was getting busted with the highest BAC being .56. The highest DUI I could find is .72
    edited October 2011
    It's 0.05 in Australia and I'm pretty sure that's a percentage ... I'm pretty bad at maths so what would .05% be of 100mls?
    edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    It's 0.05 in Australia and I'm pretty sure that's a percentage ... I'm pretty bad at maths so what would .05% be of 100mls?

That would be 50mg per 100ml.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    Effects At Specific B.A.C. Levels

The effects of alcohol intoxication are greatly influenced by individual variations among users. Some users may become intoxicated at a much lower Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level than is shown.

0.02-0.03 BAC: No loss of coordination, slight euphoria and loss of shyness. Depressant effects are not apparent. Mildly relaxed and maybe a little lightheaded.

0.04-0.06 BAC: Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of reasoning and memory, lowering of caution. Your behavior may become exaggerated and emotions intensified (Good emotions are better, bad emotions are worse)

0.07-0.09 BAC: Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Judgment and self-control are reduced, and caution, reason and memory are impaired, .08 is legally impaired and it is illegal to drive at this level. You will probably believe that you are functioning better than you really are.

0.10-0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

0.40 BAC and up: Onset of coma, and possible death due to
    respiratory arrest.

I hereby present her with the Montana Award.

Seriously man. According to this link, I would have to chug an entire fifth in under 10 minutes to hit .40BAC.
    http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/#LinkURL
  • edited October 2011
    Hmm.. It sounded like a fuck load. I wish I had a breathaliser so I could do sobriety tests when I'm getting drunk :D
    edited October 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hmm.. It sounded like a fuck load. I wish I had a breathaliser so I could do sobriety tests when I'm getting drunk :D

They aren't expensive.
    edited October 2011
    fag wrote: »

The effects of alcohol intoxication are greatly influenced by individual variations among users. Some users may become intoxicated at a much lower Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level than is shown.

0.02-0.03 BAC: No loss of coordination, slight euphoria and loss of shyness. Depressant effects are not apparent. Mildly relaxed and maybe a little lightheaded.

0.04-0.06 BAC: Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of reasoning and memory, lowering of caution. Your behavior may become exaggerated and emotions intensified (Good emotions are better, bad emotions are worse)

0.07-0.09 BAC: Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Judgment and self-control are reduced, and caution, reason and memory are impaired, .08 is legally impaired and it is illegal to drive at this level. You will probably believe that you are functioning better than you really are.

0.10-0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

respiratory arrest.

Yeah, read my post. .4 is nothing.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, read my post. .4 is nothing.

If she was mixing it with pills, then it's probably more than enough.
  • edited October 2011
    Helladamnleet - if you think that chugging an entire fifth in under 10 minutes is nothing, post a video of yourself doing it :thumbsup: Honestly, I'd like to see it. Drinking videos are always funny.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    It's a British thing I think. We do our sobriety tests differently over here as well - to be classed as beneath the legal drink-driving limit in the UK, you have to blow into a breathalizer and display a reading below 35mg.

So in other words, if 35 is the legal limit - Amy Winehouse was, literally, a walking wine(vodka)house.

The to be over in the UK, breathalyser reading is 35 micrograms per 100 ml of breath. The amount of alcohol in the blood it 80 milligrams per 100 mililtres of blood - this would be a blood alcohol % of 0.08%.

You can roughly calculate your blood alcohol percentage by taking 75% of your weight in KG and calculating the weight of alcohol you have consumed. For example, I weight in at 13 1/2 stone = 189lb = 85.9 kg (lets just say 86kg)

86/4*3 = 64.5 (if I was female I would calculate 65% of my weight - its something called the Widmark constant (althought it could never really be a constant)

Now, later on I am going to have 6 cans of John Smiths - 3.8%, 440ml cans. If I consumed all six cans in less than 30 minutes (so I had not had a chance to really metabalise the alcohol ) and assumed all of the alcohol went to my blood (which it does not as you piss some out right away), then I can calculate what my blood alcohol % is.

So, working out the weight of alcohol in the cans

6x440 = 2640 - this is the total amount of beer.

Water weighs 1kg /l, ethanol is about 78% the weight of water. So if the beer is 3.8% alcohol by volume, we need 3.8% of 2640ml

2640/100*3.8= 100.32 ml of alcohol. This would weigh in at 100.32 if it was water, as ethanol is on 78% the density of water

100.32/100*78= 78.2496

So I will have consumed 78.2496 g of ethanol.

78.2496g = 0.078249KG

0.078249/85.9*100= 0.091

So I will have a blood alcohol percentage of 0.091
    edited October 2011
    dr rocker wrote:

The to be over in the UK, breathalyser reading is 35 micrograms per 100 ml of breath. The amount of alcohol in the blood it 80 milligrams per 100 mililtres of blood - this would be a blood alcohol % of 0.08%.

You can roughly calculate your blood alcohol percentage by taking 75% of your weight in KG and calculating the weight of alcohol you have consumed. For example, I weight in at 13 1/2 stone = 189lb = 85.9 kg (lets just say 86kg)

86/4*3 = 64.5 (if I was female I would calculate 65% of my weight - its something called the Widmark constant (althought it could never really be a constant)

Now, later on I am going to have 6 cans of John Smiths - 3.8%, 440ml cans. If I consumed all six cans in less than 30 minutes (so I had not had a chance to really metabalise the alcohol ) and assumed all of the alcohol went to my blood (which it does not as you piss some out right away), then I can calculate what my blood alcohol % is.

So, working out the weight of alcohol in the cans

6x440 = 2640 - this is the total amount of beer.

Water weighs 1kg /l, ethanol is about 78% the weight of water. So if the beer is 3.8% alcohol by volume, we need 3.8% of 2640ml

2640/100*3.8= 100.32 ml of alcohol. This would weigh in at 100.32 if it was water, as ethanol is on 78% the density of water

100.32/100*78= 78.2496

So I will have consumed 78.2496 g of ethanol.

78.2496g = 0.078249KG

0.078249/85.9*100= 0.091

So I will have a blood alcohol percentage of 0.091

Aggghhh !!! Wut err stop that dj ...too...much...math!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    ^^ Same. I've never heard of it being referred to as mg.....

Yes, that is a BAC of .416 to be precise.
    edited October 2011
    Yes, that is a BAC of .416 to be precise.

Yeah, I figured it out and posted about it.
    edited October 2011

respiratory arrest.

Seriously man. According to this link, I would have to chug an entire fifth in under 10 minutes to hit .40BAC.
    http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/#LinkURL

Copypasta much?

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/20598-Alcohol-related-liver-damage-and-poisoning?p=229566#post229566
    edited October 2011
    ^^ Lol. I'll try to watch that in my quotes now that you mention it.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011

It's a useful chart to have laying around.

0.29 BAC: The point at which girls will consent to sexual activity with TheDarkRodent
    edited October 2011
    fag wrote:

0.29 BAC: The point at which girls will consent to sexual activity with TheDarkRodent

Using the chart alongside dj's equation you can figure out how much alcohol to feed to a girl in a given time slot to get her to that sweet spot that will leave her DTF. All the info you will need is her weight !
    edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    Aggghhh !!! Wut err stop that dj ...too...much...math!

Dont be daft man, its simple maths you can replace your own variables into - it being there answered a question. If you have problems with that kind of maths, you need to spend more time on it - it is just everyday maths.

I LOL'ed.

This thread also gives me a very good idea.

Cheers guys.
  • londonlondon Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    stop making fun , its a very serious issue
    edited October 2011

U MAD? You must be upset that I pointed out your plagiarism I suppose. Careful there fag I can take a joke but if this becomes a behavior pattern on your part consequences will never be the same. Now stay on topic.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited October 2011
    Helladamnleet - if you think that chugging an entire fifth in under 10 minutes is nothing, post a video of yourself doing it :thumbsup: Honestly, I'd like to see it. Drinking videos are always funny.

This seemed like a great excuse to post this. 10 minutes? 20 seconds, bitches!
    edited October 2011
    BAHAHAHA lol at russians
    edited October 2011
    Psychlonic wrote: »

This seemed like a great excuse to post this. 10 minutes? 20 seconds, bitches!

That is fucking brilliant. The way he falls at the end. One time I fell over drunk like that. It involved me having been on fire, dancing naked and as I was at my friends house, most of his family seeing it. It was epic shit.