If there was a Historical person you could get high/drunk/trip with...

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
As a History Student and someone who experiments, not as much now, with psychoactive drugs - I do wonder what it must have been like to be under the influence and hang out with some of the most famous people in History.
  • I'd like to get stoned with Hitler. Maybe it would chill him out and his Art would have been better. Who knows, maybe WW2 may have been averted, or at least lessened in the European theatre.
  • I would give anything to take acid/shrooms with Carl Sagan. Just his voice alone makes me go weak at the knees and get ego death. Tears of beauty.
  • Also to get drunk with Jesus. Just to see what he was really about. Water into wine? Even if it's a lie, I'd get him drunk and figure out his secrets.

Yours? And it can be any drug by the way.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    I can't pick just one so I am going to pen out my "history party posse". Samuel Clemens, Genghis Khan, Ben Franklin, Johann Sebastian Bach, Jerome Lester "Jerry" Horwitz, and Jesus Christ.
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    I'd dose with Einstein and blaze bowls with Franklin.

And as cliche as it is, I'd want to go on a bender with Hunter S. Thompson. Take him out to a 3 day festie in the woods and show him how we party.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited October 2011
    I've always wanted to get high with Leonardo Da Vinici, even though we wouldn't be able to understand each other or anything.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2011
    I'd do opium with Poe. I'd get drunk with Clemmings. I'd smoke weed with Kipling. I'd do acid with Edison. I'd huff jenkem with Tesla.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    HST sounds awesome! Just watched a documentary on him. Good times. Freud and Cocaine sound like a fun mix, as does Huxley and Mescaline ;)

I've also got stoned with Howard Marks, but he's still alive.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    jesus christ, johnny cash, james cook ... whoa i just looked that those name and they are all J.C.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    For me it would be Nicola Tesla, Louis XIV, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Mark Twain, Mozart, John Lennon, Walt Disney and Batman.
    edited October 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    For me it would be Nicola Tesla, Louis XIV, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Mark Twain, Mozart, John Lennon, Walt Disney and Batman.

Batman?
    edited October 2011
    I think a night out on the town with Batman would be awesome, either Batman or Spiderman.
    edited October 2011
    Well if we are going to add fictional characters in the mix then I am adding Wolverine.
    edited October 2011
    Wait, you telling me Batman is fictional?
    edited October 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    Wait, you telling me Batman is fictional?

Is Batman fictional? Not according to this guy.

Adam_West_signed_1.jpg
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    I'd also like to roll with Irvine Welsh. He's a huge advocate for MDMA and his books are what got me so interested in the drug when I was younger.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Irvine Welsh and MDMA? Never knew that. Interesting twist with fictional characters. Get Wolverine or The Hulk on PCP :hai:
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Winston Churchill. That guy would know how to party, and most likely would just be a great guy to hang out with. " I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly".
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    This reminds me of:

"I'd fight Ghandi"

"Good answer!"

Anyway, I'd definitely love to have a few cones with Dimebag Darrell, just cos he seems like such a mad cunt. Kevin Bloody Wilson too. He's the maddest cunt.

I'd drop acid with Ernest Hemmingway and paddle into the middle of fucking nowhere, and I'd definitely get drunk with Al Capone.
  • electric wizardelectric wizard Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    I'd love to smoke some opium with Robert Anton Wilson.
    Take some OC with Nietzsche.
    I'd say acid, but it seems like his mental foundation was on the verge of collapse as it were

A few drinks with Benjamin Franklin
    A few bumps of speed with Oscar Wilde. Imagine the conversation you'd have!
    A roll or two with Bertrand Russel, just to see such a seemingly tightly wound person totally unwind.
    A few Soma with Aldous Huxley, just for the novelty
    Copious amounts of hydrocodone with Schopenhauer, just because Im sure even then he would be pessimistic about it.
    And, of course, cocaine with Aleister Crowley.
    I'd also like to smoke a cone with Steven Wilson