I was cited for giving the middle finger

Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
to my bitch neighbor. So court is coming up soon, Thursday to be exact. I am going to plead 'not guilty' and tell the faggot judge about a little thing called the first amendment.

I wrote a letter asking them to dismiss the case, they said no. I wrote a letter to the ACLU for a free lawyer, they said no. so I'm on my own. I hope I win

Comments

• Oink The PigOink The Pig Acolyte
    edited July 2010
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    How in the fuck is it illegal to flip someone off

There has to be more to this
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Obscenity

I think the court may find that your middle finger, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Man that sucks. Just stick with the plan and use common sense. I am not into law but I would use that my middle finger represents my train of thought in a physical form and hence I consider it art and not obscene in any way. The person at which it was directed presumed it was an insult or he/she interpreted it differently. I think it's a simple matter of negative thinking.

I can use two fingers or three fingers and it will be considered an obescenty by someone else, whereas I was just showing my fingers in different positions. If anyone I think the so called victim should be blamed for taking things in a negative manner.

I doubt it will work but who cares.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Does your neighbor have proof you did it? Did you admit to it? You could simply say you were making a different hand gesture and your neighbor got mad at it.

Make sure you dress up and wear a suit. Be extremely polite and courteous to the judge. Say "your honor" before/after you say anything. If you aren't nice to the judge, he'll rape you.
  • edited August 2010
    Your neighbor deserves to be beaten senseless for calling the police over having received the middle finger.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah that is lame, i dont understand how it isnt just a obscene gesture ticket
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ok that is impossible. The middle finger gets brought to court. Whats next I get tazzed when I fake call in sick to work. That just isnt possible. Either you live in a really fucked up community or there is more to this that you are not telling.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Public obscenity? At least have the dignity to shit in the cop's hat.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited August 2010
    How in the fuck is it illegal to flip someone off

There has to be more to this

nope. she was "extremely offended" and therefore I have been accused of a "breach of the peace"
    Jack wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Obscenity

I think the court may find that your middle finger, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.

learn2Miller Test. you have to satisfy all 3 for it to be considered obscene. I doubt my middle finger can be considered "prurient" (excessively sexual). Although some girls would beg to differ.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Does your neighbor have proof you did it? Did you admit to it? You could simply say you were making a different hand gesture and your neighbor got mad at it.

Make sure you dress up and wear a suit. Be extremely polite and courteous to the judge. Say "your honor" before/after you say anything. If you aren't nice to the judge, he'll rape you.

2 witnesses. I call the judge sir because that's how I talk to old people but 'your honor' sounds gay so I won't say that. It's funny, when the law is on your side, you don't have to suck the judge's balls. Jeans + t-shirt FTW. he rapes me, I appeal, I win. GG

I already smarted off to some chick at the DA office, at my arraignment(thursday last week). She was gonna dismiss my case, she said just don't do it again. "actually i will do it again and that's none of the court's business". ok well I won't dismiss it. . .. . . . FUCK!

pre-trial next Tuesday.

ps the newspaper did an article about how bad ass I am for flipping off my neighbor

FYI
    "The U.S. Supreme Court has consistently held that speech may not be prohibited simply because some may find it offensive," Ira Robbins, a law professor from American University in Washington, D.C. who in 2008 wrote a law review article about the issue, Digitus Impudicus: The Middle Finger and the Law, told the Oregonian. "Virtually every time someone is arrested for this, assuming there's no other criminal behavior, the case is either dismissed before trial or the person is convicted at trial and wins on appeal."
    http://www.chiprowe.com/articles/legal-history-finger.html
    I win, fuck you all, middle finger in your fucking face assholes, fuck you
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010

ps the newspaper did an article about how bad ass I am for flipping off my neighbor

WTFF. You must live in America like me. It pisses me off that every little thing is a news story. Man this country sucks ball when it comes to media. There so fucking stupid.
    edited August 2010
    Man you made your life more difficult by being a dick. If you had flirted with the lady she would have dismissed your case. If you dress up and say "your honor" like I told you to, you'll probably fare a lot better. I worked at a law firm for years. I talked with judges every day. You'd be better off being more polite.
  • edited August 2010
    Man you made your life more difficult by being a dick. If you had flirted with the lady she would have dismissed your case. If you dress up and say "your honor" like I told you to, you'll probably fare a lot better. I worked at a law firm for years. I talked with judges every day. You'd be better off being more polite.

That.

Judges will only get even with you for having a cunty attitude. The courtroom is not any place to act out, and you'll be punished if you do.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    That.

Judges will only get even with you for having a cunty attitude. The courtroom is not any place to act out, and you'll be punished if you do.

For real man. even though they have nothing against you; if you look like a bad person the judge may just spite you because he can. It doesnt happen often but it does. unless you live in America like me. judges and basically everyone does what ever the hell they want here.
    edited August 2010
    fuck the law
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Haha thats good thinking on my part but we gotta keep it to a limit or all shit is going to hit the fan.

edited August 2010
    fuck the law

Have fun with your big fine.
    edited August 2010
    attn everyone who is saying i'm a dumbass:

I'm extremely polite to the judge/DA, but I also stand my ground. I am standing up for the very principle that this website was founded upon. As silly as it sounds, giving the middle finger to your neighbor is a very important right, and I'll be damned if some smart ass DA is gonna ask me to politely surrender it. My tax dollars pay these fucks' salary and I'm not gonna let them walk all over me out of fear. So if you want to let the government trample on your fucking GOD GIVEN liberties, then you can surrender your dignity and smile politely to the telescreen. Not me. I'll be rotting in prison with my head and my middle finger held high.
    edited August 2010
    There's a difference between dressing like a slob/acting like a douche in court and defending your position.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    What are you in the UK? I've flipped people off so many times it's unfathomable.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    What are you in the UK? I've flipped people off so many times it's unfathomable.

^This
    Basically what I have been asking all the time. I flip people the bird all the fucking time.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, fight the system Hammer tank.

First they take away our rights to give the finger to our neighbours.

Next they take our women and children in the dead of night!
    edited August 2010
    ^thanks frylock
    There's a difference between dressing like a slob/acting like a douche in court and defending your position.

dude get off my back about that. I am going to wear my nicest blue jeans and a clean white tee. if you think that's trashy then you must be a high class mother fucker. I calmly told her that I will not stop my activity of giving the middle finger. (I embellished a bit in the OP :) ) How is that acting like a douche? you're just gonna have to take my word for it I guess. I work in a professional environment and I can keep a cool head under stress. So just trust me on that.

YES I'M FROM USA

tomorrow's the big day, I'm preparing my arguments now :cool:
    edited August 2010
    If you're in the usa must be in some kind of fag-filled place like hollywood or LA then.
    edited August 2010
    nah. regular suburban America. I just happen to have a neighbor who's a crazy bitch, and throw in a few stupid-full-of-themselves-police officers(not hard to find, lol) and you get a shit storm of bullshit.

lulz

http://www.theonion.com/articles/supreme-court-upholds-freedom-of-speech-in-obsceni,17372/
    The Onion wrote:
    "It is the opinion of this court that the right to speak without censorship or fear of intimidation is fundamental to a healthy democracy," Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote for the majority. "Furthermore, the court finds that the right to say whatever the hell you want, whenever the hell you want, is not only a founding tenet, but remains essential to the continued success of this nation."

Added Ginsburg, "In short, freedom of speech means the freedom of fucking speech, you ignorant cocksuckers."
    edited August 2010
    Make sure you show that article to the jury. Hell, you may not even have to pay a fine.
    edited August 2010
    oh I damn right won't have to pay a fine. If they find me guilty, I will just appeal and then win my fine back. tomorrow is just pre-trial conference with the DA so no jury.
  • edited August 2010
    They're not going to care about your arguments. As silly as this shit is, if you're going to court, it means that there is indeed a law in place prohibiting whatever it is that you did (In some places, you can get fucked for giving the finger).

How did you let yourself get caught for this? How do you even prove that someone gave you the finger?

Anyway, it is clear that vengeance is needed. It's fucked up to get someone involved in fucking court because they flipped you off and cunts like this need to be taught that they cannot do it again. Psychological harassment?

Maybe fuck up her mailbox or car or something.
    edited August 2010
    1. yea and each law yields to the law of a higher court.

supreme court > district court > county court(me)

and The Constitution of the United States rules all. there are some amendments there, you should check them out.

2. witnesses

3. psychological harassment = I give the finger every time I see her

4. yea i thought about that but I decided not to. no more middle finger for me. It's an interesting story: It was the actual day I flipped her off (again) and I was in church and the preacher mentioned Romans 12:19 in passing. I was compelled to read it and it changed my outlook on the whole thing. I'm no religious nut either, but I think something happened there. sure is a hell of a coincidence to say the least, that the preacher would bring that passage up when we're in a completely different chapter, and less than 1 hour after I just gave her the finger again.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    LOL, well of course the bitch was eventually gonna take you to court if you give her the goddamn finger every time you see here :facepalm: Obviously something bad would come of it eventually.
  • edited September 2010
    Expect a fine. Or plea-bargain for a lesser a fine with the DA. Flashing someone the finger in an argument is not obscene, though it might be offensive. However freedom to express your opinion on the matter protects you.

Flashing the finger on a regular basis to someone is derogatory of their persona and obscene, possibly a form of psychological harassment.

p.s. there are other, more effective methods of saying: fuck you, you know? Be diverse in your actions.
  • minor69nerminor69ner Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Interesting thread...good luck hammer tank.
    edited September 2010
    jury trial beginning of next month, lol.
  • mantismantis Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2010
    I don't get it ... Hammer, why do you like experiencing life by learning everything the hard way?
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Make sure you tell us how the trial went when you get it all done with.
    edited February 2011
    yea its over.

the case of disorderly conduct was dismissed, because im a fuckin boss. I showed up on trial day and they told me they didnt have time to try my case, so basically all these witnesses showed up for nothing. we postponed then next time i came in for my other case, it was dismissed as part of a plea bargain.

and the charge of misdemeanor harassment i plead guilty to. 1yr probation no fine. I'm already on the 3rd month of probation and my probation officer likes the hell out of me, and laughed when i told her what happened. its gonna be a piece of cake.

the courtroom shit was fun, but too bad i didn't get to have a trial. from the interactions i had with the judge, he didn't seem to resent me or anything. after i plead guilty to the DA i had to wait a few, that gave me time to formulate a little "please go easy on me in sentencing judge lolz" speech. The judge seemed kinda impressed by my speech, and gave me the probation + no fine. he was cool.
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited February 2011
    So how are things in the neighborhood with the neighbor now?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    :facepalm: You couldn't gotten it dismissed but instead you act like a dumbass and all this shit happens?

What a dumb cunt for calling the cops for the middle finger, and an even bigger cunt for the judge to even take the case at all.

But seriously, you're fucking retarded.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
    Be nice to your neighbors guise. :o:o
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    My neighbors are pigs and I eat them.
    No seriously the lots on both sides of my property are pig farms and the one guy sells pork and beef to the neighbors.

But the times I have had real neighbors I have always avoided them at all costs. Mostly because I knew they were all assholes but partly because I was afraid they might find out I was a bigger one.
    edited March 2011
    uofmcamaro wrote: »
    So how are things in the neighborhood with the neighbor now?

pretty calm due to the protection order
    :facepalm:...But seriously, you're fucking retarded.

middle_finger.jpg

ps it still got dismissed :cool:
  • edited March 2011
    Do you have a record for this? Can you take the neighbor to civil court for anything?