Paying for Totse.

PacoPaco me administrator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
It has recently come to my attention, after having a heart to heart conversation with DarthVineman in IRC, that he has received no help in paying for the server and is currently having trouble paying his rent. In his words
<DarthVineman> im broke as fuck
<DarthVineman> its either
<DarthVineman> pay rent
<DarthVineman> or
<DarthVineman> pay for totse
<DarthVineman> so
<DarthVineman> im moving in with you

We talked about it for a little while (both him paying for the server and the possibility of him moving in with me) and I came down to the solution of the site being Donation supported. Vineman says that he can afford to pay for the server for the next month but after December 17th, he doesn't know what he's gonna be able to do.

The server fee is $130 a month, which comes down to $1560 a year. Even if only 15 members of totse donate, thats only $104 a year for each of you, or ~$8.67 a month.

Vineman has hooked us up for quite a while so i figure he needs this.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    I have some money coming on Thursday.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    Would he be willing to sign it over to someone that could afford it?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I've always said if I have some "disposable" income then i will donate to here. &T has seen me through my highs and lows, so it's the least I can do.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Don't worry, we already discussed this problem and have already made plans to fix this issue ASAP. About the renting issue, I intend to get it and take the load off Vineman completely by this month, if everything goes to plan, failing that, I will personally paypal the next month fee, on the first on Dec 2011. Like I mentioned before I had to wait for the full upgrade and everything until I have some basic issues fixed. I am just waiting for at least 2 weeks and after that we would be good for some time. I always wanted to make sure this place can sustain itself and just for that, I had to make some very MAJOR changes and once they're in place, I am confident everything will work out. Can't share the details, it's super secret at the moment.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    ^^ Awesome :) Out of interest I remember Totse (T-Shirt Hell or something like that)having 1 or 2 adds when it was up and they were weren't very intrusive, couldnt we do the same so that some income would come in from ads?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    I say we put DFG out on the game to pay for it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    I like the ideas discussed here but I can't risk financial details until I have fixed some major loopholes ;)
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited November 2011
    On the topic of paying for things, but off topic from this thread. Who wants to buy me a laptop?
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    oh i do i do ... wait buy your own damn laptop ...
    edited November 2011
    I'm trying to. I need $500 more.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    I'm trying to. I need $500 more.

If what I am trying to do works, you will be able to get one in few months.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'm keen to chip in.
    edited November 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    If what I am trying to do works, you will be able to get one in few months.
    I'd love you forever Dfg, I would start writing guides and articles everyday.
    I'm keen to chip in.
    What nationality are you? I feel like "keen" is specific to a certain area, I only know two people who say it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    I'd love you forever Dfg, I would start writing guides and articles everyday.

What nationality are you? I feel like "keen" is specific to a certain area, I only know two people who say it.

Bro although I deserve a Laptop as well, but considering the hard ship you face from time to time, I think I wouldn't mind working my ass of to you help you. Especially since that's what I am best at doing. Like I said, with the direction we're aiming for, this will be possible.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    Paco wrote:

KEEN as fucking mustard mate!
  • edited November 2011
    Heh, the word "keen" is part of my vocabulary as well, although I don't say it very often (probably because I'm never really keen to do anything, I'm either "stoked" or "I can't be bothered" :D).

If I wasn't on a budget I'd be helping Totse financially :( I feel bad that I've put so much into this place but haven't contributed any moolah yet.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    fesh'n'cheps
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2011

New Zealander.